Changing my Arena Team

I have recently been running CLS Rebels quite successfully in my shard, but am having trouble getting lower than ~130.

My current team is:
  • zCLS G12 Lead (IBAT)
  • zRaid Han G10
  • zR2 G10 (Number Crunch)
  • OB G9
  • 5* Chewbacca G9

I have been focusing on my bounty hunters for Chewie's event and hoping to 7* him when he returns in a few weeks. I know the above also aren't well geared, so that would be my next priority.

I wonder though, is it better for me to shift and start building up either a Bastila-led Jedi team for arena, or a Sith team? I am still quite far off of Traya as my guild is not doing Heroic Sith raid yet.

What do people think? Would I be silly to keep focusing on CLS Rebels, or should I stick it out for a bit longer?

https://swgoh.gg/p/543781261/

Replies

• Risz
    134 posts Member
    Cls Rebels with Chewie can beat Traya, and even Revan I've heard, they can beat everything, where Bastilla has a hard time dealing with Traya and Revan.

I think you just need to keep focusing on your actual team, putting more Zetas on them, gearing up chewie and Han.
  • No, finish 1 team before you start another.
  • I see CLS teams with Chewie getting pretty high in my shard. You just need to max them out. Anything but golden is a target...

What mods do you have? These days many teams can do fairly well in arena, it all comes down to gear and most of all mods!
  • I seem to be doing well in arena despite my low gear, I just can't seem to take on Bastila, Sith or Nightsisters. I will keep up developing and gearing them up. Thanks!
  • I just switched to a similar lineup yesterday and I've already gone from 300s using Sith to almost top 50 with Chewie. I use Thrawn instead of OB, and it works wonders against Sith, most Bastila teams, and occasionally even Revans if they have slower mods. NS can be a toss up depending on how fast their Talzin is, but if I can get rid of her without getting plagued I can usually win. I have everyone at G12 except Chewie, who is G11 6*, so with a bit more gear you'll have one of the better F2P teams out there right now.
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    It's pointless gearing anyone other than revan if you wanna be in the top 100-1 in the shard. There are a few struggling treya leads that will get you by but revan is where it's at. P2win ftw
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    Hoping c3p0 can add to that rebel team to make it competitive
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

My current team is:
    • zCLS G12 Lead (IBAT)
    • zRaid Han G10
    • zR2 G10 (Number Crunch)
    • OB G9
    • 5* Chewbacca G9

That team composition can still reach top—20. However, you will need better gear to reach that high ranks.

Gearing up Han and Chewie will make them hit a lot harder. Gearing up R2D2 will increase the bonus stats it gives to your whole team. A g9 OB is squishy. You need a meat wall (or Thrawn instead for fracture).

Furthermore, you should work on your mods. F.ex. OB doesn't need a crit dmg primary triangle. The protection triangle from Bossk is far better. Your Han needs an offense primary cross.
  • I've been running a CLS hybrid rebel squad pretty effectively. CLS lead with zHan, zChewie, Thrawn, and GK all g12. Thrawn for the fracture and GK for the group cleanse against Sion. This team is pretty successful against Bastilla, NS, CLS, and Sith. I just avoid Revan where possible. Usually can finish top 50 with a top 20 on a good day.
  • Agreed with the finish your team gearing comment. I took the same team, well geared and modded into top 50, and when I had the time to spend at payout time into top 20.
  • I seem to be doing well in arena despite my low gear, I just can't seem to take on Bastila, Sith or Nightsisters. I will keep up developing and gearing them up. Thanks!

I do extremely well against Nightsisters in arena. I'm around rank 200. I run zzPalp (L), Vader, Tarkin, Thrawn, and Bastila Fallen.My power is only around 85k and I can take out 100k+ all gold nightsisters with zetas on talzin, daka and asajj with only losing one guy.
  • I have been working towards moving my arena team to this squad but I had one question. If you have CLS (Lead and IBAT), zzR2, zhan, and zzchewie is it better to run zthrawn or OB if gear levels are the same? Also on a side note question, is cls lead zeta worthwhile with this setup?
  • U have a mid game lineup that’s ur problem need end game teams. Old Ben take out replace.

Not going to tell u my end game lineup but it won’t include r2. Chirrut will replace ur going to have to do some farming of valuable rebels end game. Whenever u waste equipment on mid game toons u set ur self back with putting equipment on end game ones u need.

I wouldn’t use rebels until all toons r at least farmed so u can work on equipment at Same time and progress faster.