Nest Health Update: effect on other characters

With the new update to Nest, her protection bonus she gains is based on her current max health, meaning it can change from turn to turn based on abilities that can change max health. The way that First Order Executioner is set up (or at least was before the update, I don't know if he has been updated) only gained health based on his initial max health at the start of the battle, meaning that every time he gets a critical hit he gains 10% max stacking health, but only based on initial health, not current max health. Due to the change in Nest and how her protection up has changed, will FOX also have his health scaled in this manner? It seems like this should be how this works for him and any character that has abilities affected by max health. Also see attached a conversation discussing how it is believed FOX works. If this has been changed and he gains stacking max health based on the max health at each critical hit then he would be in line with the Nest fix, but this is unclear. If anyone can clear this up that would be greatly appreciated.
vh9yk10igrpe.png

Replies

• Options
    Same with l3 and many others.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    That seemed to be a bonus prot change only, not a things based of max health change

I'm curious to see if protection up got the same treatment
  • Options
    FOX would be beastly like that! Yes please.
  • Options
    If the argument is on scaling, then yes it should

HK666 wrote: »
    That seemed to be a bonus prot change only, not a things based of max health change

That said "bonus protection" is based on health.
  • Options
    Yes the argument is for scaling, sorry if that was too long and wordy, I should have had a TL;DR that said this was a question of whether or not the scaling factor that bonus protection is based on will or should affect other abilities or attributes of a toon. It wouldn't make sense to just have that one attribute based on scaling and the rest not subject to it.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    The way I see it, they try to keep toons in line by not letting them get too powerful.

Otherwise, things that stack things could get ridiculous fairly quickly. Wampa getting 40% more of 140% offense. Then 40% more of 180%. And so on. Same for Yolo. You guys already brought up FOX.

I've got no issue with them keeping toons 'weaker' because these stacking guys are already very great. Nest survive any focus not called annihilate or Revan. Yolo or Wampa can solo HaaT. FOX is the best attacker in FO
  • Options
    The fact is that they nerfed nest because she was getting in the way of the biggest money grab in the history of the game. As soon as they began to see posts like "NeSt CaN sOlO rEvAN!!1!!" They didn't waste time and made the poor girl useless. I don't think the thing will affect other characters so much. And if it does, I don't think it will be a substantial nerf or buff.