Revan auto targeting Traya is a joke

So what’s the point of fighting Revan with Traya if he ALWAYS marks her first. No matter what. It’s honestly dumb how you devs have made a character that requires months of farming irrelevant just by opening up a wallet.
Thanks for nothing

Replies

• Fallen bastila says "hi"
  • Traya still poops on all other teams. You think she is going to be meta forever. Soon another meta will come and defeat revan. That’s just how it goes
  • SoViciouz wrote: »
    Traya still poops on all other teams. You think she is going to be meta forever. Soon another meta will come and defeat revan. That’s just how it goes

That would be true but every counter there’s been for him CG has nerfed beyond recognition.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    SoViciouz wrote: »
    Traya still poops on all other teams. You think she is going to be meta forever. Soon another meta will come and defeat revan. That’s just how it goes

That would be true but every counter there’s been for him CG has nerfed beyond recognition.

Not true - Veserion1 is correct. I can beat any Revan team in my shard with zzTraya, zSion, zNihilus, zThrawn, and Gothzila [edit: 4 star Gothzila. 3 stars probably works as well though]. Traya needs to be GXII and modded properly - I have 3 health mod sets with a Crit Avoidance arrow, Protection triangle, Tenacity cross, and Protection circle. She has 46.6k health and 61.5k protection (I have her gear maxed).

Nightsisters with zBarriss is meant to be another counter but I don't have the zeta on Barriss to try that.

I agree with your original point though. One toon singling out another 100% of the time seems both broken and in this case specifically designed to get people to pay out money to unlock Revan. And it worked (sigh).

Hahaha Gothzilla
  • How is this different from Ship-AI always targeting Vaders Tie? Also I beat most Revans with CLS/Han/Chewie
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Madlax wrote: »
    How is this different from Ship-AI always targeting Vaders Tie? Also I beat most Revans with CLS/Han/Chewie

@Madlax who else do you use and who gets marked? I've tried a lot of different setups and nothing works.

Also what speed Revans are you facing? All with zeta Jolee?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • R2 and GK, usually GK or Chewie get marked.Yes to zJolee, the only thing that varies on my shard is wether Ezra or Bastila are in the team. As far as Revans speed goes, a bunch are under 300 (I beat those), the ones at 300-315 not so much ^^
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Nice. What is your kill order?
    Please be a little nicer to the devs, they are trying to come up with new stuff to counter the meta somewhat. What they are doing is making a character that can counter her but not at the same time. I know how you feel though...
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Ryanwhales wrote: »
    Please be a little nicer to the devs, they are trying to come up with new stuff to counter the meta somewhat. What they are doing is making a character that can counter her but not at the same time. I know how you feel though...

While at the same time changing kits and providing “fixes” aka Nerfs, to current characters such as Nest. It’s quite ridiculous if you ask me.
  • Madlax wrote: »
    How is this different from Ship-AI always targeting Vaders Tie? Also I beat most Revans with CLS/Han/Chewie

It’s not, and that isn’t ok either. It’s actually worse because Revan ignores Taunt so you can’t protect Traya at all.
  • Take that into your advantage, if she is the only one being targeted then make her tanky, add bsf into your team to make her even more tanky, she'll survive like a champ every single hit, even 6000+ offense gmy gonna hit her like wet noodle, and while she is pseudo taunting the rest of your team can freely beat everybody
    I dont even bother with tenacity, i prefer her getting debuffed as much as possible, dn loves that ;)
    Fights dont last more than 3 minutes.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Similar to traya 'always' isolating chewie in cls team.

Interesting coding
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Similar to traya 'always' isolating chewie in cls team.

Interesting coding

FWIW she always isolates my L3, not Chewie. Which is a good thing.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Nice. What is your kill order?

@Madlax
  • Veserion1 wrote: »
    Fallen bastila says "hi"

This. Play it to your advantage.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »

Interesting coding

Remod so Chewi doesn't have the most health and protection. Traya isolates the character with most combined HP.
    Madlax wrote: »

Ship AI always focuses first on Attackers. If you had Vader out with two other attackers it's almost certainly random. Possible exception to this seems to be a preference to avoid targeting ITF unless with an unavoidable attack.
    Traya needs to be GXII and modded properly - I have 3 health mod sets with a Crit Avoidance arrow, Protection triangle, Tenacity cross, and Protection circle. She has 46.6k health and 61.5k protection (I have her gear maxed).

If your traya is only 5* g11 you can keep her alive with a TM swap from thrawn followed by marching orders from First Order Officer. Focus on Protection, tenacity and crit avoidance as in the example above.
  • I understand that the meta can't last forever and Im ok with it shifting every now and then, but Revan is just ridiculous, is like taking the weakness of the best characters in the game and just toss them into the blender and you got Revan

Character kits usually have to do with the character canon way of being, attitudes, etc... Revan is just a cluster of the best abilities in the game
    Like... ignore taunt to make sure you mark Traya
    reduce max health to make sure Enfys can be handled after a while in the loop
    Revive the first jedi you killed to ensure speed mods are not an issue
    Massive heal to make sure plague doesn't become an issue
    Make the leader speed bumps does not work to make sure Revan % turn meter wins no matter what
    And everything else, can't be stunned nor ability blocked, regens protection, gives "every buff up", etc....

So the next meta simply has to have a new mechanic, so Revan doesn't has the counter.... yet, could be a rework in the future like: Sorry we forgot to add these 300 abilities to Revan in the original kit, so he wasn't working as intended...
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So what’s the point of fighting Revan with Traya if he ALWAYS marks her first. No matter what. It’s honestly dumb how you devs have made a character that requires months of farming irrelevant just by opening up a wallet.
    Thanks for nothing

LAB would like a word.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    LAB?
  • TVF wrote: »

Interesting coding

That's probably only because L3 is taunting. That's the case in my battles atleast.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Boov wrote: »

Interesting coding

That's probably only because L3 is taunting. That's the case in my battles atleast.

Most of the time DN has stripped her taunt.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Boov wrote: »

Interesting coding

Most of the time DN has stripped her taunt.

You're right, she does target highest health or prot or combined. Forgot about that for a second.
  • aperingo wrote: »
    Character kits usually have to do with the character canon way of being, attitudes, etc...

I honestly agree with your assessment for the game...but I just need to say...

This is exactly who Revan is in (former) Canon. He was a master duelist who trashed mandalorians in single combat.
    He was The unparalleled Admiral and General of his time (so like Thrawn).
    He was a hero and savior to the entire Old Republic, literally saving them from the brink of destruction.
    He was one of the most accomplished Force Wielders to ever be a Jedi.

But above all - he was known as an incredible leader who could inspire loyalty as easy as breathing and push everyone to be better. (Revanchist Movement, Sith order, Jedi order)

He is extremely overpowered. But he's Exactly who he was in Canon
  • Why are you guys complaining about lack of randomness in who Revan targets? Knowing who he will target gives a huge advantage and is much better imo than it being random. If it was random and Revan targeted Sion, DN, or thrawn you'd have no shot at winning. Sion is needed to wipe buffs so DN can drain and get his annihilate off asap. Thrawn is needed to fracture and control gmy. Traya really isn't that vital - sure her isolate is good but she is also tanky and can take a lot of hits especially with Badstilla. Like others have said all you need to do is mod Traya as full tank (you want her to absorb as many hits/ damage as possible). This means as much defensive stats as possible. No speed is needed. Crit avoidance arrow and protection primaries with as many defensive secondaries.

Annihilate Revan first, keep gmy fractured then work on killing Jolee. It's pretty simple. Revan teams aren't as strong as you think they are. You just haven't found a way to beat them yet.
  • Revan auto targeting Traya is a marketing tool. Period.