Grand Arena: no

1235Next

Replies

• The only people that have that opinion are those with a crummy roster. And the only person responsible for that is the guy you see when you look in the mirror.

So stop blaming matchmaking and start working on your roster. Or just don't join GA if you are that unhappy when you see how much better other people have done on their roster.

What about when a big chunk of our roster is basically ignored? I'm talking ships.

I have been at the top of my fleet shard since I joined my shard. My first G12 was TFP.

And yet what was at one point 50% of my total GP is used to determine my opponent, and then tossed in the rubbish bin because GA doesn't use ships.

When my opponent gets an extra 200-400k of toon GP to play with, I'm at a serious disadvantage.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Literally the opposite of this. Horrible timesuck, meh rewards
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Vohbo wrote: »
    I had the complete opposite. My opponent got basically crushed so utterly that it was silly.

I don't understand the point of this game mode. It's not fun, it doesn't give good rewards, and it further burdens us with even more time consumption.

Its horible worst thing in game but time consumption is 10000000% not one of the bad things about it.....
    There is literally no time consumption over72 hrs

I wouldnt have a poblem with the rewards except them giving the winner the modulators geting more of the other 3 items is enough....

Literally the opposite of this. Horrible timesuck, meh rewards, especially considering my first point.
    3v3>>>>>5v5 too

not a timesink for me I did not click enter.......
  • My experience has been quite different. About half of my opponents are very close to me and have had close scores. The other half hasnt attacked/set defense or had a disadvantage because of inflation. I find the biggest difference in who wins(me) is mods. Thats the only reason ive won a couple rounds. Anyways just my experience
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    The matchmaking is completely broken.

Frankly, those that argue for it do it purely out of self-interest because they’ve followed the “perfect” farming line.

The only people that have that opinion are those with a crummy roster. And the only person responsible for that is the guy you see when you look in the mirror.

So stop blaming matchmaking and start working on your roster. Or just don't join GA if you are that unhappy when you see how much better other people have done on their roster.
    I think matchmaking is completely broken and I am on the verge of winning my third GA, two of which were squad-only (a 3v3 and now a 5v5), despite having around 50% of my total GP in fleet.

This GA I beat two opponents who had around 150k more usable GP and one who had 300k more but made lousy strategic choices. I only have around 900k squad GP to work with.

None of those match-ups were good. They were mis-matched on GP and also on player skill.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Frankly, those that argue for it do it purely out of self-interest because they’ve followed the “perfect” farming line.

The only people that have that opinion are those with a crummy roster. And the only person responsible for that is the guy you see when you look in the mirror.

I think matchmaking is completely broken and I am on the verge of winning my third GA, two of which were squad-only (a 3v3 and now a 5v5), despite having around 50% of my total GP in fleet.

This GA I beat two opponents who had around 150k more usable GP and one who had 300k more but made lousy strategic choices. I only have around 900k squad GP to work with.

None of those match-ups were good. They were mis-matched on GP and also on player skill.

My current opponent has 400k squad power on me plus he demodded many of his mid range toons. I bet with mods, he would have about 600-700k squad power on me. This is certainly a fair match...and I’m supposed to work on my roster instead of blaming matchmaking lol.

My strategy for winning this match: hope my opponent forgets to attack.

My current opponent has 400k squad power on me plus he demodded many of his mid range toons. I bet with mods, he would have about 600-700k squad power on me. This is certainly a fair match...and I’m supposed to work on my roster instead of blaming matchmaking lol.

While I agree that counting ship GP in character GA is silly (and so do CG since they plan to change it), there's a little hyperbole here. A full 6E modset adds 1,899 GP. The difference between every single toon having full 6E mods and every single toon having no mods is less than 300k. There's no way stripping mods from 'many of his mid range toons' has dropped the discrepancy by 2-300k.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299

While I agree that counting ship GP in character GA is silly (and so do CG since they plan to change it), there's a little hyperbole here. A full 6E modset adds 1,899 GP. The difference between every single toon having full 6E mods and every single toon having no mods is less than 300k. There's no way stripping mods from 'many of his mid range toons' has dropped the discrepancy by 2-300k.

Lol math done while frustrated has a tendency to lead to errors.

You’re right though in that it’s probably closer to 80-100k I just did some quick scrolling through his roster. It looks like just his main teams have mods, so probably 40-50 toons without mods (some g11 and g12 with no mods).

Somehow this guy already lost a match. He must not be paying attention to GA, so my strategy may work!

Lol math done while frustrated has a tendency to lead to errors.

You’re right though in that it’s probably closer to 80-100k I just did some quick scrolling through his roster. It looks like just his main teams have mods, so probably 40-50 toons without mods (some g11 and g12 with no mods).

Somehow this guy already lost a match. He must not be paying attention to GA, so my strategy may work!

Well, I just checked again. He got a full clear of my defense and near perfect score. I don’t have enough to clear his defense. My lack of roster development is to blame...