No new exclusive character or store with grand arena??

As the title says. The current rewards are utter trash, i dont think anybody can go through the hassle of upgrading and fielding multiple teams just for a few mod salvage that i can farm in 2 days. I was really hoping for a new store to buy heroes from, with it's own currency. At the very least an exclusive hero if a new store is asking for too much. Instead all i get is a bunch of trash and i couldn't even enjoy the mode as my opponent decided not to put defenses. This has to be a new kind of lame. Please fix it CG

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Maybe after the "test runs". They did say that the rewards will get better.
  • BucMan55
    246 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    It would certainly be a way to get a store for newer or even older toons without worrying about people having thousands of tokens that they hoarded. Granted, it wouldn't help lower level players but you get a new store with certain levels (Arena at 28, GW at 40, GET at 65) already so why not one more.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This is not the full mode things may change as they make the full push.

They also said that the general setup and rewards will change as time goes on.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Of course there will be some unique rewards for GA, which can't be found elsewhere. How else would they be able to "force" us to play the new game mode? Just wait for it ...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    Of course there will be some unique rewards for GA, which can't be found elsewhere. How else would they be able to "force" us to play the new game mode? Just wait for it ...

Another source of slicing materials, or g12 or even g12+ gear would be enough to bring in the masses.

TW doesnt offer anything that cant be gained elsewhere, just more of the stuff we want/need.
  • I like the idea of GA. It might allow me to test out some squads I normally would never use. However the game is sorta becoming a long daily task, which not everyone has time for each day. What I would like to see is a new PvE mode/thing to do. Something that doesn't revolve around a daily login and do item, but instead is a long term grind kind of goal. The ship table was awesome for this, but the ships aren't nearly diverse enough just yet to really make the ship table a long term fun. Plus once you three star a mission, there's no reason to ever play it again.
    I think the next big thing should be a total overhaul of Galactic War. Keep the base premise, but redo the table and add in ship battles and adjust the rewards for the power creep of the game. Oh and mix up the shop. I know they said they wouldn't be doing anything to the shops, but come on. Having what basically equates to four shard shop currency farms for late game players is just annoying. Maybe have the shards in the GW shop rotate daily, and expand upon what shards are in there. Just some thoughts.
  • I think you guys are jumping the gun. These are the "first round" rewards. We haven't seen what you get after moving into the winner's bracket or winning all 3 of your matchups. I would say it's fair to assume that rewards are going to get better with each round. Everyone is always so quick to criticize.
  • floppytechie
    125 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Alright, we can see the new rewards now. Almost a 100 stun cuffs salvage is good but id still prefer an exclusive character please. @CG_SBCrumb
    Post edited by floppytechie on
  • Alright, we can see the new rewards now. Almost a 100 stun gun salvage is good but id still prefer an exclusive character please. @CG_SBCrumb
    You have stun guns? In our GA we have cuffs. Rewards are different from one GA to another?
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Deleted
  • floppytechie
    125 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Globuhl wrote: »
    Alright, we can see the new rewards now. Almost a 100 stun gun salvage is good but id still prefer an exclusive character please. @CG_SBCrumb
    You have stun guns? In our GA we have cuffs. Rewards are different from one GA to another?

oops, i meant stun cuffs, not guns. fixed the op

As for a new character, CG can make the spread of shards across the rewards bracket such that if you always win, you get the character 7 stars in a month and half, which is a fast hard node farm or a cantina farm. If you lose every time, you get it in 6 months, which is a slow raid farm. And the expected time if you lose and win like an average player can be 3-4 months. I think that is fair for everyone. What do you guys think?