Why is anakins physical damage so low?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Baldo wrote: »
    J7000 wrote: »
    You lost me when you started comparing him to Rey. He's absolutely nothing like Rey. So do you want him to have -5k health and be a total glass cannon. I wouldn't mind if they buffed him but he's not bad at all and is great on the right team.

The post pretty much turned into a lore-based complaint.

He's good in GW but a long farm was just expecting more from him

He ks good in arena too. Just not plug and play no-brainer. Needs proper team.

This is how all chars should be to keep it balanced "needs proper team". That is my only complaint about certain chars (Geonosian Soldier would be a good example). He'll be not as good in future levels but still can be a plug and play no-brainer. He shouldn't be that good without droids or Poggle.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Options
    Pvp is nice with qgj,ana,koth,Yoda (5 star) I mow down Droid teams. All four go before anyone but dooku... They get in a lot of turns. Poe sits their waiting as his dps buddies die. I pull out eeth for defense and use a maxed sid or lumi or daka even Barriss for defense. Eeth is an instant target in top 10 so he can only show himself in small spurts up the dec leader board top 10.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    These need to buff arguments are really pointless when you don't explain what level he is and what gear and what you are comparing him to. Ie. Are you saying 6 star anakin doesn't get a pvp roar spot your sever star squad of known a-team guys (gs,rey,sid,lumi,ig)?

I have little Ani up to 6 star. I am salivating at getting him to 7 and teaming him w qgj and Yoda all maxed. The meta is speed people and those guys will go first and often. Can anyone who has this squad discuss pvp arena with maxed fast jedi?? Let alone eeth... I can on Thursday...

6* level 70 gear 8
  • Options
    Hmmm, was he not as strong and fantastic that his friend and mentor cut his legs off in easy manner? Guess the reason he hits not that strong is related to this fact? The choosen one might had considered to listen more during his mentoring to be able to hit more hard in a battle game...

The higher ground won that it's no Obi wan didn't win that with power evidently. He says he has the higher ground

Tsking the higher ground require wisdom, tactics and keeping focus. 3 points where Anakin lacked and Obi Wan was excelent

I saw on MythBusters they more or less busted that one: iirc the Higher ground wins out for unexperienced fighters, but once you are somewhat experienced it's equal at best, since the guy at the lower ground actually has better each toward the legs. Something like that.

• Options
    Hmmm, was he not as strong and fantastic that his friend and mentor cut his legs off in easy manner? Guess the reason he hits not that strong is related to this fact? The choosen one might had considered to listen more during his mentoring to be able to hit more hard in a battle game...

The higher ground won that it's no Obi wan didn't win that with power evidently. He says he has the higher ground

Tsking the higher ground require wisdom, tactics and keeping focus. 3 points where Anakin lacked and Obi Wan was excelent

I saw on MythBusters they more or less busted that one: iirc the Higher ground wins out for unexperienced fighters, but once you are somewhat experienced it's equal at best, since the guy at the lower ground actually has better each toward the legs. Something like that.

I dunno, have you ever studied real historical battles? Having the high ground helps significantly.
  • Options
    Anakin is just above average, but compared to how hard he is to farm, he is definitely missing something.
  • joel_c
    15 posts Member
    Options
    Also when Ren lost the dude was practically bleeding out. Guy took a shot from Chewies crossbow. Im currently farming Anakin as part of an all JEdi B team.
  • Options
    Nutteralex wrote: »

I dunno, have you ever studied real historical battles? Having the high ground helps significantly.

You're talking about battle largescale battles, this is just a two-person combat. And besides, I'm just calling it like MythBusters did it. I'm no swordsman.

• TheShadow1983
    187 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well all you Anakin haters keep on hating. You'll be hating the fact you didn't farm him soon. Wait until his Smite gets another 15% attack on ability mat 8 (level 78). He's a turn meter beast and mines only star level 5, soon to be 6.
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin dmg is fine....

The problem is is toons like Rey, GS, Leia, FOTP, qgj. Thanks to how powerful these very few are, and the fact they can one hit kill, everyone thinks toons need dmg buffs to be able to hit like they do. If they didn't ohk then most dmg buff post wouldn't show up
  • Mythov
    97 posts Member
    Options
    I seem to remember Maul having the higher ground versus Obi... Didnt do him much good
  • Options
    He's supposed to be an attacker Rena is like 700 more doesn't make much sense ren was physically demolished by Rey and only beat a storm trooper with the Sabre? Anakin has physically damaged everyone and his uncle?

I think it was actually the stormtroopers that killed Anakin's uncle, which caused Anakin to leave Tatooine to become a Jedi.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Mythov wrote: »
    I seem to remember Maul having the higher ground versus Obi... Didnt do him much good

Maul didn't even attack him he wasn't expecting him to jump. Obi wan was with anakin so.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Nutteralex wrote: »

^
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Because he gains 50% damage and 90% TM on an ally's death and would be horribly OP if he had stronger starting attack level

With 50% buff, his single target damage is still lower than Geonosian soldier. Nothing impressive :S
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    Because he gains 50% damage and 90% TM on an ally's death and would be horribly OP if he had stronger starting attack level

With 50% buff, his single target damage is still lower than Geonosian soldier. Nothing impressive :S

Exactly
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    His basic is low bc he can get offense up and potentially attack every time someone dies with offense up, that's 5 attacks in a battle with offense up, his crit rate is huge so he usually hits about 5k every turn, thats crazy. You under estimate aniken then that's your loss
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Well all you Anakin haters keep on hating. You'll be hating the fact you didn't farm him soon. Wait until his Smite gets another 15% attack on ability mat 8 (level 78). He's a turn meter beast and mines only star level 5, soon to be 6.

lol and even at 5* he's a beast. Just gotta have the team comp so that he flourishes. We will probably be seeing a few Nerf Anakin threads once people see how well he performs. I think I read he's supposed to get 75% damage increase on his unique as well when the cap is raised

• Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Mazurka wrote: »

lol and even at 5* he's a beast. Just gotta have the team comp so that he flourishes. We will probably be seeing a few Nerf Anakin threads once people see how well he performs. I think I read he's supposed to get 75% damage increase on his unique as well when the cap is raised

Still not OP at all if anything needs a bit of a tweak/buff still! The damage just isnt there
  • Options
    he is rare enough atm to not **** people off.

He is rare even in chromium so only those who put in effort will get him fully starred. I recall the guy who spent 1.2k didn't even roll a Anakin.

He is excellent in arena because of his tool kit.

Decent for GW if u run Jedi composition.

Dont think they will buff him
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    He's supposed to be an attacker Rena is like 700 more doesn't make much sense ren was physically demolished by Rey and only beat a storm trooper with the Sabre? Anakin has physically damaged everyone and his uncle?

Just for the record, Anakin has no uncles that we know of.

I was being sarcastic

I know. And I was attempting to be funny. Apparently we both failed. ;)
    LOL
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    anakin is OP
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    anakin is OP

NO!
  • Options
    He does need a little something more to his damage. I have him 6star almost max gear and full ability, not quite the damage output I thought he would have.
  • Options
    Anakins real power comes from the massive amounts of tears he cries.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Anakins real power comes from the massive amounts of tears he cries.

LOL
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    He does need a little something more to his damage. I have him 6star almost max gear and full ability, not quite the damage output I thought he would have.

Exactly where I am with him!