Participated in too many raids?

I am a day 1 player. Yesterday for the first time ever I got a notification that I had exceeded the number of allowed raids per week and that I would be ineligible for raid rewards.

Ok... I am in a guild with 160kGP so I'm in a guild that gets max tokens. I do have a brother that plays but just started this past January. For the last couple of months, on and off I have moved over to their guild and I help them finish a tank raid. Otherwise they would have no earthly possibility of finishing that raid. Their guild is made up of newer players.

Now the only thing that confuses me is the following:
1. This has never happened before, and I have been moving to their guild for a couple of months.
2. I haven't jumped to help them with the raid in going on 2 weeks. I don't do it during TWs, TBs, or Sith Raids.
3. The notification specifically states I have participated in too many raids in ONE week. I have done no more raids than anyone else in my guild, and I have the screenshots to prove it. We use discord and every time before I leave, I give them a heads up. So I have the screenshots to show the last time I went to help them with the tank.

So... Either this period lasts longer than a normal human 7 day week, or something else is afoot. I don't care about missing out on the rewards. We do so many raids that missing out on one won't mean anything in the long run. I just want to know what's going on.

Is it too many in a 2 week period? Is it too many in a month? What's the deal? Because it sure can't be only ONE week. If it IS just a 7 day period, this is a bug that needs fixed.

Image on raid screen
mqqm2i6od1fa.png

Message when you click notification
y8q69dksa0cr.png

Screenshot of last visit to brothers guild
wq1ac5lxin4p.jpg
This image shows that November 28th was the last time I moved to my brothers guild. The raid in question happened yesterday, December 9th. So that is 11 days since I helped them.

So what's the story? I am not a big user of the forums. I don't know any mods or anyone who may could help with this. If anyone does, if you could tag them in your response, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes there is a limit of how many raids you can hit in a given period of time.

It uses a timescale at least 2 weeks to account for changing guilds and not exceeding the limit. So yes the 11 day count could still be effecting your raid eligibility.

They have been a little vague on the details to keep people from gaming the system.

I will try to fish up the counts on how many raids per week, but there is a little wiggle room there so it's not an absolute.

As for why you have not seen this before, up until about a year ago the limits were different, and then they went through some changes. Nothing has been stated recently as far as changes but from my understanding the timespan you are discussing falls into what has been previously stated for the "new rules"
  • Kyno wrote: »

It uses a timescale at least 2 weeks to account for changing guilds and not exceeding the limit. So yes the 11 day count could still be effecting your raid eligibility.

They have been a little vague on the details to keep people from gaming the system.

I will try to fish up the counts on how many raids per week, but there is a little wiggle room there so it's not an absolute.

As for why you have not seen this before, up until about a year ago the limits were different, and then they went through some changes. Nothing has been stated recently as far as changes but from my understanding the timespan you are discussing falls into what has been previously stated for the "new rules"

Ok, so they changed the rules without changing the text in game?

That's the whole issue. The in game text specifically states "this week". A "week" is a 7 day time period.

Again, I don't don't mind the rewards. They just need to get the in game text to reflect accurate information
  • What would you have them write instead that does not disclose the actual specifics??

Maybe they can remove the timeframe and put in "recently"?

I don't believe it's possible to get this without jumping guilds, and thus I don't really see the issue...

In fact I would endorse a no-reward policy for ~1 week after changing guilds so people don't split raid even more than its currently the case
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

That's the whole issue. The in game text specifically states "this week". A "week" is a 7 day time period.

Again, I don't don't mind the rewards. They just need to get the in game text to reflect accurate information

The average goal is still based on a weekly average, but they account for raids in the previous week to help the average stay the same for someone who may have moved to a different guild.

An example is they will let someone do 3 raids in week 2 if they only did 1 in week 1, this maintains the average of 2 a week. The following week you may hit the wall if your guild was able to get 3 after that point. It takes a weird alignment of guild tokens to make it happen but it can be done due to the math.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    This does not happen period unless you hop guilds. I know this for a fact as the only time I've ever ran into this our guild merged into another.
  • Speaker4thedead
    444 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    @Emmant

I've had GK for well over a year. I'm in a guild that gets max tokens and we do so many raids that the rewards aren't an issue at all. I could care less about that.

The fact is, in game it says "this week." So yeah, recently would be fine. It's just confusing when it says something that clearly isn't factual. I've never been a part of a civilization that has an 11 day week.
  • Gair wrote: »
    This does not happen period unless you hop guilds. I know this for a fact as the only time I've ever ran into this our guild merged into another.

I state specifically that I have done that.

But it's strange that it hasn't happened any other time in the last 2 months.

And it doesn't change the fact that what it says in game states incorrect information

The average goal is still based on a weekly average, but they account for raids in the previous week to help the average stay the same for someone who may have moved to a different guild.

An example is they will let someone do 3 raids in week 2 if they only did 1 in week 1, this maintains the average of 2 a week. The following week you may hit the wall if your guild was able to get 3 after that point. It takes a weird alignment of guild tokens to make it happen but it can be done due to the math.

Thank you for actually trying help me understand what's going on...
  • What has happened is ur trying to gain advantage by doing more raids than possible if u were in one guild.

If u were just going to “help out” then leave before it’s finished to prevent the rewards from coming ur way.
  • OP, I believe the limit is: 4 pit, 3 haat, 2 htsr per week (sometimes, you may get lucky and get a 3rd hstr in depending on the month).