A positive Feedback on GA

Apart from all the bad, and the hate, and the outcry.
The animation of (own) teams being defeated is great! Had a proper good laugh when I entered and noticed my leaders fall backwards. :smiley:

Replies

• I’m liking the potential. I would like to see a fleet node in future matches. Would also like split zones instead of 3-4 teams in two zones that are visible immediately. Part of the fun with TW IMO is being able to strategize where to set squads zone wise, some concealed. Seeing everything all at once kind of takes that element of surprise away per se.
  • llShad0wll wrote: »
    I’m liking the potential. I would like to see a fleet node in future matches. Would also like split zones instead of 3-4 teams in two zones that are visible immediately. Part of the fun with TW IMO is being able to strategize where to set squads zone wise, some concealed.

They've already said ships are part of the normal GA although it's unknown whether we'll get ships every time. There will also be some 3 vs. 3 territories too.

I am very glad that they don't gate territories though and I hope they never do. I'm guessing they don't do that because they don't want to turn it into a scenario where someone can dominate with just 1 or 2 team....i.e., I put Revan on D and if you don't have Revan or Traya, you can't get to the rest of the map. We already have arena for a contest of who has the best team....this is supposed to be about who has the stronger roster and not just 1 or 2 meta teams.
    I’m liking the potential. I would like to see a fleet node in future matches. Would also like split zones instead of 3-4 teams in two zones that are visible immediately. Part of the fun with TW IMO is being able to strategize where to set squads zone wise, some concealed. Seeing everything all at once kind of takes that element of surprise away per se.

Even if back rows are visible ahead of time I’d still prefer that since it allows that rear squad to be protected a little more—they’ve got to go through the first few squads.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Dear CG,

Thank you for introducing such a wonderful PvP mode like Grand Arena. I cannot wait to see what you guys have in store for us once the full version is live. The idea of facing tougher and tougher opponents really gets me excited. Personally I love the PvP side of the game and TW was my favorite mode until Grand Arena was introduced. This new game mode has ignited the fire in me to build up more meta teams and to come up with different strategies to win. I feel fairly confident I can speak for most of my guild in saying that we are having a blast theory crafting. Once again, thank you and I am eager for more.
  • While I do not share all of your sentiments, I agree with the fun theory crafting element/experiment.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • I loved it. I just wish my opponent hadn't felt so overwhelmed and had actually tried to beat me, so I could test how my squads do on defense
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    llShad0wll wrote: »
    I’m liking the potential. I would like to see a fleet node in future matches. Would also like split zones instead of 3-4 teams in two zones that are visible immediately. Part of the fun with TW IMO is being able to strategize where to set squads zone wise, some concealed. Seeing everything all at once kind of takes that element of surprise away per se.
    To quote Crumb
    This first one lined up to start on 12/6 is a single round of the event and therefore the rewards reflects the shortened time frame. Future events will have different structures and could include formats such as 3v3, Fleet battles, or a whole host of other competitive ideas that our developers may come up with!

I’m liking the potential. I would like to see a fleet node in future matches. Would also like split zones instead of 3-4 teams in two zones that are visible immediately. Part of the fun with TW IMO is being able to strategize where to set squads zone wise, some concealed.

They've already said ships are part of the normal GA although it's unknown whether we'll get ships every time. There will also be some 3 vs. 3 territories too.

I am very glad that they don't gate territories though and I hope they never do. I'm guessing they don't do that because they don't want to turn it into a scenario where someone can dominate with just 1 or 2 team....i.e., I put Revan on D and if you don't have Revan or Traya, you can't get to the rest of the map. We already have arena for a contest of who has the best team....this is supposed to be about who has the stronger roster and not just 1 or 2 meta teams.

I get where you’re coming from, but if you don’t have certain squads, you’ll get stuck somewhere anyways, gated zones or not.

I lead TW for my guild and enjoy the strategic element of concealment or fog of war. It makes your opponent guess and contemplate what squads to use where with the goal of having them expend a toon or squad that could of been useful in a later zone. Seeing all squads and having the ability plan out an entire attack all at once removes that strategic element.

Maybe not a popular opinion and increases the difficulty too much for some people’s liking. I view GA as an individual TW and would like to see those strategic elements.
  • The look of the mode is awesome. I’ve taken screenshots right at the beginning of both attack rounds, just because it looks so cool seeing the 12 squads arrayed on the holotable. Fix the matchmaking and this will be my favorite game mode, I have no doubt.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • GA is beautifully designed and fun. Looking forward to it's evolution.

I'll help you fix matchmaking algorithm.
  • I have high hopes for the Grand Arena. It seems like a great way to compete against others. I just hope that they can fix the matchmaking.