We'll that stinks - GA

Prev1
NgH
59 posts Member
So, because I participated in the attack phase and lost, but my opponent did nothing I lost the round. The better rewards end up going to the non-participant? Not cool.

Replies

• Options
    NgH wrote: »
    So, because I participated in the attack phase and lost, but my opponent did nothing I lost the round. The better rewards end up going to the non-participant? Not cool.

Shouldn’t be possible if you both set the same amount of defense. You don’t gain banners otherwise except for attacking
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    ? Exactly my thought too. Same rewards for deploying the same number of defensive teams. If the opponent doesn't attack at all you'll win by just defeating one single team of theirs.
  • Options
    Tie breaker?
  • Options
    If you attacked and didn't win a single fight then you'd tie and the rewards go to the higher GP I believe. It's what happened with the glitch rewards.
  • NgH
    59 posts Member
    Options
    He has 10,000 more GP; I guess that was it. Still doesn't seem like a good system. As long as you have higher GP you can get top rewards even if you don't really do anything; kind of silly to put it mildly.
  • Options
    I did not attack neither my opponent and he got first place due to higher GP. I wanted to test this out and guess he had the same idea

npNDU6C.png
  • Options
    He has 10,000 more GP; I guess that was it. Still doesn't seem like a good system. As long as you have higher GP you can get top rewards even if you don't really do anything; kind of silly to put it mildly.

Your E N T I R E roster couldn’t win one battle against any of the six squads they deployed—you even get to pick which one you want to hit. Why do you deserve first place based on tiebreakers? Shouldn’t defense mean something?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sounds like there was no need to attack because he had the better defense
  • NgH
    59 posts Member
    Options
    My defense was just as strong as his. Our rosters were similar in the sense that we could each field five strong teams, but there's nothing left in the rest of our rosters that can come close to challenging those defense teams. Still, I tried. I felt like that should count for something.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    My defense was just as strong as his. Our rosters were similar in the sense that we could each field five strong teams, but there's nothing left in the rest of our rosters that can come close to challenging those defense teams. Still, I tried. I felt like that should count for something.

I'm not sure how i feel about the tie breaker, it doesn't seem like a bad idea, but i'm sure they could find a better way.

your defense may be solid, but it would seem that your plan was not. this game mode is only in part about the offensive phase. the other half is your defensive plan and the balance of how you use your roster between the 2.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I'm not sure how i feel about the tie breaker, it doesn't seem like a bad idea, but i'm sure they could find a better way.

your defense may be solid, but it would seem that your plan was not. this game mode is only in part about the offensive phase. the other half is your defensive plan and the balance of how you use your roster between the 2.

QFT

• Options
    You want first place for "trying"?
    We all know what hermit yoda thinks about trying...
  • Options
    obidrew1 wrote: »

Best comment today

• BenTschee
    13 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    obidrew1 wrote: »

And with this comment, we should close this thread
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Well, apparently you didn't do enything that worked towards a win either during the attack phase. A battle, that doesn't reward any banners is worthless in this regard. If anything, it might even put you in a weaker position to win in your next attempt, if you leave the opponent team loaded with TM.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Apparently you didn't find the right balance between offense and defense.
  • Options
    If he set 5 good defensive teams, why didn't you attack the 6th defensive team?

I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • Options
    You really feel like you deserve the win eventhough you couldn't win a single battle?
  • Options
    Boov wrote: »
    You really feel like you deserve the win eventhough you couldn't win a single battle?

then again why should the other guy win the event even though he couldnt win a single battle either?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Are you sure, your opponent didn't receive second place as well? In TW bith guilds get second place rewards only in case of a tie.
  • Options
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »

then again why should the other guy win the event even though he couldnt win a single battle either?

Neither should win imo, but that's not an option. It's just that it seems silly to me to complain about this since the OP clearly doesn't deserve the rewards for winning.
    That the other guy got them for doing nothing is irrelevant. Many others have gotten the win because their opponent didn't place teams on def, this guy is just as "lucky" as those guys.
  • Options
    The way I see it it's like a boxing match. If the other guy doesn't show up, you win by default. But if you're both pretty evenly matched then there's not going to be a k.o., so the winner is the one who does the most damage. Winning because you weighed in a few pounds heavier and then did nothing in the ring is dumb. If my opponent had won because he attacked my teams and did more damage, I would say he deserved it. But winning simply for being a little bigger and nothing else, in an arena set-up like this makes no sense to me.
  • Options
    Your opponent showed up (= setting defense). You just didn’t land a hit (= defeat a enemy squad). Don’t get your point. You messed by not beating a single enemy squad. Don’t claim a win if you don’t deserve it
  • Options
    The way I see it it's like a boxing match. If the other guy doesn't show up, you win by default. But if you're both pretty evenly matched then there's not going to be a k.o., so the winner is the one who does the most damage. Winning because you weighed in a few pounds heavier and then did nothing in the ring is dumb. If my opponent had won because he attacked my teams and did more damage, I would say he deserved it. But winning simply for being a little bigger and nothing else, in an arena set-up like this makes no sense to me.

It's like a boxing match yes, except that the two of you decided to stand at the two extreme corners of the boxing ring and start shadowboxing. Obviously no damage was done, and the only way to award the win is to see who had the nicer shadowboxing technique (i.e. strategy), which in this case your opponent did.

Tough luck dude.
  • NgH
    59 posts Member
    Options
    For everyone who thinks I'm sore because I didn't win, let me be clear: I'm not.
    But I believe I have a legitimate problem about the way the result was decided. A tie would have been fine, and appropriate - I don't get why they can't have a split rewards option for ties. But if you have to have a winner, then make the other guy attack and do some damage for it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    For everyone who thinks I'm sore because I didn't win, let me be clear: I'm not.
    But I believe I have a legitimate problem about the way the result was decided. A tie would have been fine, and appropriate - I don't get why they can't have a split rewards option for ties. But if you have to have a winner, then make the other guy attack and do some damage for it.

People are less likely to force a tie if they will still lose.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    You seriously don't deserve the win more than the other guy.
    Furthermore it's not like this will happen to you again, or to any player for more than once.
  • kiar1404
    241 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    First ... do not complain ... read: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189068/title-update-14-12-4-2018
    "Tiebreakers: In the rare occasion of the event ending with tied banners, the player with the higher GP will win. In the extremely rare chance of equal Banners and equal GP, a random player wins."
    Second ... do not call for a tie and complain if you get one ... in TW with a tie both get second place rewards ... you got second place rewards ... everything is fine
    If a tie would give both first place noone would fight anymore.
  • NgH
    59 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno: my defense was set 23 hrs ahead of his, so if anyone was trying to force a tie it was him, and he won. So....