GA Review Phase

During the review phase, could we possibly have the ability to review the scorecards for each defeated squad to see how we and our opponents racked up our points? Even better would be an ablity to see what squads were used on attack. That would help to evaluate what’s working and what isn't. Thanks.
I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.

Replies

• Options
    I didn't even see the review phase. How long is the review phase?
  • Options
    DiscoD wrote: »
    I didn't even see the review phase. How long is the review phase?

It says it’s open for 19 more hours. Have to enter through the table, because the icon on the right disappears. Not much to look at though.
  • Options
    Even better would be an ablity to see what squads were used on attack. That would help to evaluate what’s working and what isn't.

That would take a big part of the strategy element out of it. It's pretty easy to generally tell what is working and what isn't....if your defensive team lost in 1 battle, then that didn't work....if your offensive team didn't win a battle, that didn't work. I don't think they should spoonfeed us everyone else's strategies.
  • Options
    Even better would be an ablity to see what squads were used on attack. That would help to evaluate what’s working and what isn't.

That would take a big part of the strategy element out of it. It's pretty easy to generally tell what is working and what isn't....if your defensive team lost in 1 battle, then that didn't work....if your offensive team didn't win a battle, that didn't work. I don't think they should spoonfeed us everyone else's strategies.

That’s a really odd objection. In literally every other strategy game I can think of, you actually get to see the moves your opponent makes. That’s not spoonfeeding.
  • Options

Also, it’s NOT totally clear that losing in one means the squad didn’t work on D.

In my case, I have a relatively strong Phoenix squad that I post on D (G11-G12, all zetas, omit Ezra). What I think makes a strong Phoenix squad a tough matchup is that (1) they will lose horribly to any comparably geared meta team, but (2) they’re very hard to beat with many comparably geared non-meta teams. If my Phoenix squad loses in one attack, but it’s because my opponent decided to burn their Traya squad on them, that’s a good result for me. On the other hand, if I’m losing to Ewoks in one attack, I want to know that so I can reevaluate how good I think my Phoenix team is on defense.

If this isn’t added because it’s too much work for too little return, I get that. But it absolutely wouldn’t decrease the strategic thinking involved in setting defenses. A review phase in with plentiful data would increase the opportunities for strategic thinking.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    What I think makes a strong Phoenix squad a tough matchup is that (1) they will lose horribly to any comparably geared meta team, but (2) they’re very hard to beat with many comparably geared non-meta teams.

I put my pathetic Phoenix team (~65k power, has a lvl 60 Sabine because Ezra is on my Jedi squad) on defense and it logged two battles. I assume because my opponent threw scraps at it and lost the war of attrition the first time.

I also clearly recall getting absolutely furious at Phoenix matchups in GW when I was still building up my teams because I just couldn't kill them. I'd throw my biggest hits and Chopper would just be all "beep boop lolz that tickles"
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I've been wanting this for gw for a long time. I hope they add it to both game modes. The number of attacks tell you nothing about how good a defensive team is. For example, in gw there are many times where a stronger bastilla team falls in one attack while a weaker one eats up several. Is this because it's better? Probably not. Most likely the team beaten in one attack ate up a strongernteam and the one that survived did so because someone threw trash at it hoping to save the good team for later. Any team can hold on defense if you throw an undergeared team at it. And almost any team will lose on defense to a maxed meta team with good mods.

Seeing the teams that were held back gives you so much more information. And since you don't face the same opponent again, learning their playstyle gives you no benefit beyond knowing how you team holds against various teams.
  • Options
    My review phase includes u won and don’t need 24 hours to c that lol.