Grand Arena: When Opponent Doesn't Set Defense

ANH
25 posts Member
I'll just get down to it. When your GA opponent doesn't set defenses, you lose a chance at 100k credits for each battle won. Meanwhile, my opponent gets credits for defeating my squads AND second place rewards. This happened in both my accounts in both the failed and the second go-lives. 4/4 ratio. Numerous other guild members reported similar results.

If the opponent doesn't set defenses, I shouldn't lose my chance to earn credits, should I? In addition to a 1st place win, would you please give me some way to earn those credits the opponent cheated me out of?

Replies

• Unfortunately no. That's one way to earn some credits and game the system though...
  • Better matchmaking would decrease the incentive to do this. A lot of times people seem to have refused to post defense in protest because they were outmatched.

Also, better rewards for winning would decrease the incentive. In this run, the 100k credits per victory were a much better reward than the winner’s bracket rewards. That created a perverse incentive to go light or ignore defense. Hopefully when we move to a three-round format, the winner’s rewards will improve and we’ll see less of this.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • ANH
    25 posts Member
    It's not just about matchmaking. Even well matched players who join may fail to set defenses or purposely avoid doing so so that they can go 100% on offense.

The point is, 5 wins (in my case) means 500k credits which is not trivial in this game; and it's not fair to players who set defenses and really wanted to experience GA for the first time, to get some extra droid callers or whatever rewards, but not the credits. It made the whole event a real disappointment this first time out.
  • Eventually , you will realize, 500k credits is a pittance,
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    These initial events were forced. The real event will have a join period, that should reduce some of those cases.

We have also be inquiring of there will be a recourse for situations like this. No player should be rewarded for making a game mode unplayable by another player.

As for the rewards, unless they boot the other player from the event, not much can happen here.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    These initial events were forced. The real event will have a join period, that should reduce some of those cases.

We have also be inquiring of there will be a recourse for situations like this. No player should be rewarded for making a game mode unplayable by another player.

As for the rewards, unless they boot the other player from the event, not much can happen here.

The second one wasn’t forced, as seen by the posts from people wondering why they couldn’t enter it after failing to sign up.
  • So, when I went to attack on the Grand Arena my opponent didn’t setup their defense! 😠😡 I thought EA was going to setup the auto-deploy feature for this situation when your opponent doesn’t setup a defense. This isn’t fair to the people that want to play the game and what happens now do I automatically win??? g1mq6rvo2zzt.png

• So, when I went to attack on the Grand Arena my opponent didn’t setup their defense! 😠😡 I thought EA was going to setup the auto-deploy feature for this situation when your opponent doesn’t setup a defense. This isn’t fair to the people that want to play the game and what happens now do I automatically win??? g1mq6rvo2zzt.png

Yes, you automatically win. Even if they attack and full clear you on the first try, they can't make up the points needed. I haven't tested it, but I think they do have an auto-deploy feature but it doesn't kick in until the 2nd round and they just place the same defenses that you put down for round 1.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    @Purplrainjl I believe you have a good chance of winning still.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Hahaahaaahhh