Is it possible to beat Home One tier IV challenge...

...entirely with rebel ships? Aside from KRU and CS, I've focused on rebel pilots and ships from the beginning with an eye on Chimaera. But despite having Ghost and Phantom at ca. 25k total power, Biggs @17k, CS @15k and Cassian's U-Wing @12k, tier 4 of Ackbar's capital ship challenge seems unwinnable.

It's frustrating to have everything necessary to unlock Chimaera except for the capital ship. From what I read, most people beat this tier with Galactic Republic ships (with less total power than my lineup). Should I change my focus to Anakin, Ahsoka & JC and risk my fleet arena rank? Or should I keep the current course, 7-star my existing rebel ships and farm Wedge as soon as I'm done with Hera?

Replies

• I beat it with Rebel ships this last cycle and then unlocked Chimera.

Biggs was 7* G11.5 at the time.
    Phantom 7* G12 Ezra, G10 Sabine/Chopper
    Ghost 7* G10 Hera, G11 Kanan, G8 Zeb (sorry Zeb!)
    Wedge 7* G10
    I did also have 7* G10 JC to act as reinforcement protection regain for Biggs
    I can’t recall who else I used (7* Bistan U-Wing I think - the Gear levels on Cassians are too low for me to use him regularly right now).

Key ships....Biggs, Phantom and Ghost
  • Thanks, that's great to know :) I'll stay the course then, star up my rebel ships and gear up the pilots until the Chimaera event comes back around.
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Yet another clickbait thread title. Sigh.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Darth_DeVito
    1233 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    TVF wrote: »

I don't think that word means what you think it means. The title says Home One tier 4 challenge and that's precisely what the thread is about. I split it in two because (a) a multiple-line title takes up an inordinate amount of space and forces people to scroll more, and (b) I'm not sure how long a title can get without being cut off.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I beat it with the Phoenix ships, Biggs, Wedge, and Cassian's U-wing. Ships were all lvl 85, pilots were:

Biggs: G11
    Wedge: G8
    Cassian's U-wing: entire crew G6-7, lvl 60-70ish
    Ghost: entire crew G8
    Phantom: Ezra G10, Sabine G7, Chopper G9

I'm not sure Cassian's ship actually made it off the bench, since it's pretty squishy with such weak pilots.

Use Phantom as your first reinforcement (assuming the reinforce ability is maxed) so you can get the numbers advantage.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I've been using Ghost, Biggs, Wedge, with Phantom off the bench first then Jedi Counselor and Poe. Wedge usually dies before I even get to Phantom. I get my butt kicked hard. Ghost, Phantom are all fairly geared up. But I'll keep gearing more.
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I don't think that word means what you think it means. The title says Home One tier 4 challenge and that's precisely what the thread is about. I split it in two because (a) a multiple-line title takes up an inordinate amount of space and forces people to scroll more, and (b) I'm not sure how long a title can get without being cut off.

"Is it possible to beat Home One tier IV challenge..."

The answer is yes. People post silly questions like that all the time here, so I opened the thread to answer the question, only to find that wasn't the question.

If you prefer, I'll edit my "clickbait" to "misleading."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Yes, I did it with a no ability upped home one and 3 7* rebel ships.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • If u think t4 is difficult wait till t5 that one had to bump consular to 20 k or 18 just to beat. Main ships were Biggs and Phoenix used a 8k or so taunt ship just to take off some damage.

But u will need bigs strong and ur Phoenix ships I think I had Phoenix around 25k min for t5 Biggs was g10 and my strongest since I used him in actual fleet. No need to rush g11 unless u don’t care about squad. There is no top 50 lineup that will include bigs so u will waste equipment that could go to other squad toons instead.
  • Nope, nobody's ever done it.
  • Nope, nobody's ever done it.
    And nobody ever will.