Crystal betting feature for GA

Prev1
capifico22
370 posts Member
edited December 2018
Once matchmaking is determined, you propose a bet to your opponent, say 1,000 crystals. Your opponent can accept, counter, or decline. It then gets taken out of your stockpiles and put in escrow at the time of the bet (so no welshing). Winner take all.

Replies

• RescueME
    51 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Let's do it.

Let's be honest, CG would rake in a percentage of the bet.

One could say that someone will Capitalize on that opportunity..
  • Now this I like. You could be able to alter the betting amount, like 50-1000 crystals. You offer to your opponent and they can accept, decline or counter. If no agreement made prior to attack phase, it just goes on as it would have with no crystal bet.

I can't see how the system could be manipulated with this since the match-making is done by the game (it could be an issue if you could choose your opponent so people could filter crystals from an alt account to main account). Other than possibly feeding some people's addictions, seems like no downside.

@CG_SBCrumb
  • I'd be into it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36591 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    On a site where you can't even type [REDACTED] I can't imagine they'd allow betting.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • +1
  • This game certainly needs more gambling :D
  • With matchmaking like this, it would be rare to find an opponent who’d be willing to take even odds. I probably would have needed to give my last matchup 2:1 to induce him to make a bet. The guy before that would have had to give me at least 10:1.

But I just don’t see them opening the door to player-to-player crystal transfers in any form or fashion.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Crystals aren't real money so it may be fun. Unless you're ptp then it's real money. I can imagine a ptp player having to tell their wife the gambled away the kid's college fund on ga.
  • I think EA are in enough trouble with regards to gambling.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • How about crystal rewards for winning?
    Almost as good as crystal betting.

A decent crystal reward for the winner in a group of 8 would be worth fighting for.
  • Loot boxes are now being considered gambling and outlawed in some countries so I can't imagine they'd ever implement gambling of crystals...loot boxes and packs only exsist in games because it's a "loop hole" in gambling. What gets me is ppl are going to complain when rewards aren't that great but they are also going to complain when they are really good but aren't winning

A decent crystal reward for the winner in a group of 8 would be worth fighting for.

What's decent. 1000 seems legit for me. Maybe make the second tier reward 500. And the last tier 200.

Obviously I'm good with more but realistically, 1000 would be the most you'd get.
  • Or fully crafted stun guns would be almost as good as crystals if not better.
  • That's the only kind of gambling I'd enjoy in this game
  • Instead of crystals I think that betting rng percentages would make the game more interesting... you can always buy crystals, but having better rng until the next event is priceless...

What's decent. 1000 seems legit for me. Maybe make the second tier reward 500. And the last tier 200.

Obviously I'm good with more but realistically, 1000 would be the most you'd get.

Probably would need to be comparable to a few day’s worth of arena awards. I get 100 crystals/day in arena, so I’d expect to compete for something in the 300-500 range. Obviously somebody with a better PvP roster would need to be competing for more than that.
  • This makes no business sense y it won’t be done. They want u to buy crystals if u can’t earn them in ur shard won’t allow u to be giving crystals from others that have earned or bought them.

Probably would need to be comparable to a few day’s worth of arena awards. I get 100 crystals/day in arena, so I’d expect to compete for something in the 300-500 range. Obviously somebody with a better PvP roster would need to be competing for more than that.

I get 250 to 300 in arena and 400 in fleet arena so 1000 is only a few days worth. And tiering the crystals would make it where those with competitive rosters get the larger amount and those with less competitive rosters get the smaller amounts.
  • 2smooth wrote: »
    This makes no business sense y it won’t be done. They want u to buy crystals if u can’t earn them in ur shard won’t allow u to be giving crystals from others that have earned or bought them.

All you'd have to do to make it make business sense is put a 10 crystal cost to place the bet on there. Then it teduces the total crystals in circulation and would result in more people having to buy crystals over all. Obviously the winner wouldn't but the loser would. So on a 1000 crystal bet, the loser loses 1000 crystals. The winner gets 990 crystals and 10 just disappear.
  • are you thinking this would be with individual opponents or with the pool of 8? Because its not a 1v1 moving forward, its round robin with 7 opponents
  • TaviRus wrote: »
    are you thinking this would be with individual opponents or with the pool of 8? Because its not a 1v1 moving forward, its round robin with 7 opponents

I was thinking betting on individual roundd but you could do a pool for the winner. But tbh the rewards already cover that.
  • Nope, because when you get beat by someone that "cheats" you will be the first person on these forums screaming that the system is broken and unfair, and how you need your crystals back because your opponent cheated and beat you.
  • I'm all in suckas, Daily Double time! Just try to match my 788 big purple beauties!
    OPjwQRm.png
  • If you want gambling, try the 5-330 packs.
    Now seriously, very bad idea. That would make the game adult only.
  • If you want gambling, try the 5-330 packs.
    Now seriously, very bad idea. That would make the game adult only.

Those packs are like playing slot machines. This would be more like poker where you make an informed bet.

And everyone knows slots have the worst odds in vegas.
  • Mobile games are in enough trouble for pseudo gambling, this is not a good idea whatsoever
  • Halo wrote: »
    Mobile games are in enough trouble for pseudo gambling, this is not a good idea whatsoever

Are you on retainer as their council? Or just afraid to lose?
  • capifico22 wrote: »
    Halo wrote: »
    Mobile games are in enough trouble for pseudo gambling, this is not a good idea whatsoever

Are you on retainer as their council? Or just afraid to lose?

Addiction should not be laughed at, its destroying families.

I dont like this idea, but I dont like GA either, so whatever.