Still no C3PO kit

Replies

• JaggedJ wrote: »
    Doubt he'll be useless. No Legendary/Heroes Journey character has been useless.

Sure Palp/GMY dropped off for awhile but Thrawn, R2, BB8, JTR, CLS etc are still all holding up well in various game modes.

I gotta be that guy. RJT and CLS were hero Journey plays so they’ve had to stand the test of time as top tier toons.
    Was GMY ever useful though before his rework?
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So now that the day is done in California, we still have no C3PO kit.

Why?

The kit reveal for JKR was delayed because they needed to rework and buff his kit. That’s why we didn’t get it until the last second. Ok, fine and understandable. What’s the excuse this time?

Is 3PO still not done? Is this becoming the norm? Sorry to say but it’s not ok to have to wait until less than 48 hours before the legendary starts to see what people are farming and pouring gear into.

OG Chewie had his kit available 5 days prior. ALL characters, say for unexpected delays and reworks should have their kits released in similar fashion. Stop making the community wait until the 11th hour for everything as a norm. It’s not ok.

At worst you dump a bunch of gear into Ewoks and C3P0 ends up sucking, but you've created another great Territory War (and Grand Arena) team that will help both yourself and your guild. But in the future on a release like this it'd be best to gather the gear you know you'll need and hold onto your zetas then if the kit is spectacular when finally revealed then throw those resources on that team. That way if it's revealed and it sucks then you dump all of those resources you saved on factions you know are great right now.

That’s exactly what I’m doing but I know there are scores of those that haven’t.
    All my Ewoks were already G9 or better. Say for Logray. The only major thing I’ve dumped really Is the Zeta for CHirps. I’m in a holding pattern now but this is also about the principle too
  • No kit, yet thousands of tools keep upgrading ewoks like c3po is going to be meta changing. And I am going to lmfao when someone works out how to do it with gear 9 ewoks.
  • You’re asking for a huge commitment for a legendary character
    A huge commitment? Ewoks have been farmable forever in this game. A huge commitment was Thrawn requiring 5 Phoenix characters or Revan requiring the 5 KOTOR characters just a few weeks after they became farmable or Revan.
  • So @CG_Carrie when can we expect the info on his kit?
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    ThisYeezy wrote: »

Why?

The kit reveal for JKR was delayed because they needed to rework and buff his kit. That’s why we didn’t get it until the last second. Ok, fine and understandable. What’s the excuse this time?

Is 3PO still not done? Is this becoming the norm? Sorry to say but it’s not ok to have to wait until less than 48 hours before the legendary starts to see what people are farming and pouring gear into.

OG Chewie had his kit available 5 days prior. ALL characters, say for unexpected delays and reworks should have their kits released in similar fashion. Stop making the community wait until the 11th hour for everything as a norm. It’s not ok.

At worst you dump a bunch of gear into Ewoks and C3P0 ends up sucking, but you've created another great Territory War (and Grand Arena) team that will help both yourself and your guild. But in the future on a release like this it'd be best to gather the gear you know you'll need and hold onto your zetas then if the kit is spectacular when finally revealed then throw those resources on that team. That way if it's revealed and it sucks then you dump all of those resources you saved on factions you know are great right now.

That’s exactly what I’m doing but I know there are scores of those that haven’t.
    All my Ewoks were already G9 or better. Say for Logray. The only major thing I’ve dumped really Is the Zeta for CHirps. I’m in a holding pattern now but this is also about the principle too

Granted there are three characters on the opposing team we know absolutely nothing about, but I'm looking at Rebel Chewbacca there thinking the key to this battle may be getting Logray's daze on him quick and keeping it on him.
  • "Improved Communication"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Let’s bring this up at the next Q & A. The list is growing. First thing in the list.. when is the next Q and A?
    JaggedJ wrote: »

Sure Palp/GMY dropped off for awhile but Thrawn, R2, BB8, JTR, CLS etc are still all holding up well in various game modes.

I gotta be that guy. RJT and CLS were hero Journey plays so they’ve had to stand the test of time as top tier toons.

He was "useful/annoying" under the right lead (zQGJ for a little while) but never overpowering like you would expect a legendary to be. However, as the earliest legendary character (or was Palp first? It's been too long) it's no surprise that he didn't initially stand the test of time.

It's hard to see-3po being useless if we need to go all the way back over 2 years to the beginning of the game to find an example of a less than stellar legendary.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    JaggedJ wrote: »

He was "useful/annoying" under the right lead (zQGJ for a little while) but never overpowering like you would expect a legendary to be. However, as the earliest legendary character (or was Palp first? It's been too long) it's no surprise that he didn't initially stand the test of time.

It's hard to see-3po being useless if we need to go all the way back over 2 years to the beginning of the game to find an example of a less than stellar legendary.

Word^^ and gmy was good in p1 haat for a little.

We can give the devs poop where they deserve it. Their track record with legendaries have been stellar thus far. I slept on bb8’s kit when released but he’s top notch.

I’m giving the benefit of the doubt golden rod will be great.
  • Tennente
    29 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    This is absurd. If you planned on getting CP3O then you would have geared ewoks already. Judging by past legendarys, He will be very useful in multiple parts of the game. It is always beneficial to obtain legendary toons. If you are waiting for kit reveal to decide whether or not to go for him then you are kidding yourself. Anyone complaining about kit reveal is just impatient.Anything different is just a lie.Move on.
    We are not entitled. If they choose to never do another kit reveal early again, then that is their perogative.
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »

Why?

Granted there are three characters on the opposing team we know absolutely nothing about, but I'm looking at Rebel Chewbacca there thinking the key to this battle may be getting Logray's daze on him quick and keeping it on him.

People with guard cannot be dazed
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I think the likelihood is that he will be some sort of new hyoda/bb8 with crazy buffs for other toons and crazy synergy with R2. He could even be a chirrut and turn R2 (which is a pretty solid toon) in a tank (something like "if 3PO is active, R2 has taunt). They would make a crazy tank addition to the Luke, Han and Chewie team. And last but not least, surely needed for a potential Jedi Luke. To recap, we have all the material we need: regular Han (raid), R2, Chewie, Leia, Old Ben, Hermit Yoda, OT Lando, 3PO and two tiers of noob Luke. With 3PO, we will have like all the OT main heroes, so it could be time guys. The OT falcon rumour may be just a distraction for something bigger coming for Christmas. The potential combinations of required toons for Jedi Luke could be endless, we could even need Vader and Palpatine. I wouldn't be surprised by some superior hero's journey that needs like 10 characters or such.
  • He's fluent in over 6 million forms of communication. He will talk the enemy to death,
  • Tennente wrote: »
    This is absurd. If you planned on getting CP3O then you would have geared ewoks already. Judging by past legendarys, He will be very useful in multiple parts of the game. It is always beneficial to obtain legendary toons. If you are waiting for kit reveal to decide whether or not to go for him then you are kidding yourself. Anyone complaining about kit reveal is just impatient.Anything different is just a lie.Move on..

This ^^

I'm as anxious as the rest of you to see his kit. Extremely eager in fact. Check-ing this site every 15 minutes to see if it's released. But they have no obligation to release it and they have no real need to. You can trust a legendary to be good, and frankly everyone's just impatient cause they want to see the novel new toon, not because they're upset about not knowing who to gear. Someone That worried about their gear is Not going to gear a bunch of ewoks until they know they'll be good. So we all just have to wait another 12 hrs

Man I remember the days when gaming companies didn't say anything at all for 6 months, then drop new content without even giving a few days heads up that content was coming. FYI; gaming companies have Historically had very little constant communication with their player base. That's not a terrible thing - it in fact prevents alot of the panic and whineyness of these forums.
    This is absurd. If you planned on getting CP3O then you would have geared ewoks already. Judging by past legendarys, He will be very useful in multiple parts of the game. It is always beneficial to obtain legendary toons. If you are waiting for kit reveal to decide whether or not to go for him then you are kidding yourself. Anyone complaining about kit reveal is just impatient.Anything different is just a lie.Move on.
    We are not entitled. If they choose to never do another kit reveal early again, then that is their perogative.

I think you have missed the point. There are many factors for people to not have ewoks geared up. Such as being a new player. So if we are going to to get a new character (a product), it would be nice to know what we are getting before dropping cash.

If it was only $5 to $10, sure, no problem. But we are looking at potential spending hundreds of dollars for something that we have no idea what it is. Other than "so and so was good before, so this must be good, too."

Even though I won't spend any many, I know some people will. So I'd rather defend that we should know what we are getting before they spend any amount of money.
  • Ironicstan wrote: »
    Tennente wrote: »

I think you have missed the point. There are many factors for people to not have ewoks geared up. Such as being a new player. So if we are going to to get a new character (a product), it would be nice to know what we are getting before dropping cash.

If it was only $5 to $10, sure, no problem. But we are looking at potential spending hundreds of dollars for something that we have no idea what it is. Other than "so and so was good before, so this must be good, too."

Even though I won't spend any many, I know some people will. So I'd rather defend that we should know what we are getting before they spend any amount of money.

Now if you're spending money then you can definately wait till after the event starts. All gear that is required for ewoks is common among other toons. You dont have to gear them, just hold on to it till the event starts. There are ways to work this and even more options if you are willing to pay. Still falls back on impatience I have to say.
    Does his kit matter? Will it change anything you are working toward? You cannot start building ewoks today to get c3po on Friday. Indeed, your choice has already been made. The kit can wait until Friday.

Yes it does actually. As paying and loyal customers we deserve to see if the stockpiles of gear and zetas we have will be worth the return. If he is a rebel version of HYoda or even remotely close to a utility character like R2, then it’s worth it. If he’s not and is the next GMY (before his rework and buffs) then it’s not worth it to pour a months worth of gear into Ewoks (Stun Guns, carbantis, gold eyeballs, etc) or omegas and zetas.
    If he’s not useful then people will be content 5* him, and finish later while prioritizing finishing their BH for OG chewy or other areas of the game. This game is all resource management and to expect us to pour a huge amount of them into an unknown product isn’t right.

So hoard your materials for now, upgrade later if you need/want to. Just because you have enough to build a stun gun doesn't mean you have to equip it immediately.

Double goes for zetas. Hold until needed

Patience.

Thats assuming u have absolutely nothing else in desperate need of gear atm, for example ur arena toons and pilots. To hoard an extra week could mean an extra week of having to refresh once a day, that's anything between 250-350 crystals over the period.
    Does his kit matter? Will it change anything you are working toward? You cannot start building ewoks today to get c3po on Friday. Indeed, your choice has already been made. The kit can wait until Friday.

Yes it does actually. As paying and loyal customers we deserve to see if the stockpiles of gear and zetas we have will be worth the return. If he is a rebel version of HYoda or even remotely close to a utility character like R2, then it’s worth it. If he’s not and is the next GMY (before his rework and buffs) then it’s not worth it to pour a months worth of gear into Ewoks (Stun Guns, carbantis, gold eyeballs, etc) or omegas and zetas.
    If he’s not useful then people will be content 5* him, and finish later while prioritizing finishing their BH for OG chewy or other areas of the game. This game is all resource management and to expect us to pour a huge amount of them into an unknown product isn’t right.

So hoard your materials for now, upgrade later if you need/want to. Just because you have enough to build a stun gun doesn't mean you have to equip it immediately.

Double goes for zetas. Hold until needed

Patience.

Thats assuming u have absolutely nothing else in desperate need of gear atm, for example ur arena toons and pilots. To hoard an extra week could mean an extra week of having to refresh once a day, that's anything between 250-350 crystals over the period.

You're losing arena status over a delayed kit reveal? I think you are reaching but if you're not then maybe you should reevaluate how you play this game.
  • Tobe_Train wrote: »

Why?

People with guard cannot be dazed

Chewbacca doesn't get Guard, he gives it.
  • Maybe they'll pull a raid Han and hide he kit until the first player unlocks him

You’re missing the point.

And actually they are obligated to adhere to past practices. They’ve revealed kits for toons with plenty of time before the legendary release. The only exception to this was JKR because he needed to be buffed big time because testers found him to be too underwhelming.

I can’t stand when people say a company like CG doesn’t owe us, their customers and player base, anything. We provide money for their game. We provide the life source for SWGOH. No players means no money. No money means no game. It’s not unheard of to expect them to follow their past practices and to stop pushin the envelope on how much they can get away with by doing less and less.

Giving us a monthly calendar 5 days into the month for example. That’s not ok. Revealing character kits with less time before the event. Not ok. Changing kits after almost half a year because it doesn’t suite the most P2P toon in the history of the game without any warning whatsoever. Not ok.
    This is absurd. If you planned on getting CP3O then you would have geared ewoks already. Judging by past legendarys, He will be very useful in multiple parts of the game. It is always beneficial to obtain legendary toons. If you are waiting for kit reveal to decide whether or not to go for him then you are kidding yourself. Anyone complaining about kit reveal is just impatient.Anything different is just a lie.Move on..

This ^^

I'm as anxious as the rest of you to see his kit. Extremely eager in fact. Check-ing this site every 15 minutes to see if it's released. But they have no obligation to release it and they have no real need to. You can trust a legendary to be good, and frankly everyone's just impatient cause they want to see the novel new toon, not because they're upset about not knowing who to gear. Someone That worried about their gear is Not going to gear a bunch of ewoks until they know they'll be good. So we all just have to wait another 12 hrs

Man I remember the days when gaming companies didn't say anything at all for 6 months, then drop new content without even giving a few days heads up that content was coming. FYI; gaming companies have Historically had very little constant communication with their player base. That's not a terrible thing - it in fact prevents alot of the panic and whineyness of these forums.

Well that was then, this is now. They’ve set a standard for themselves these past 3 years. They’ve promised better communication. They’ve promised to give proper notice.

Ever notice that something in the past may have worked then but is outdated now? That’s called progress. Evolution. Getting better and improving. Pick whatever adjective you’d like.

Nobody is asking for a kit reveal 3 weeks ahead of time. We’re asking for it for a few days notice. Sure the kit may not be the biggest deterrent in getting 3PO, but maybe it’ll determine if we want 5* or 7*. Whether to save specific gear or Zetas depending on what team role he fills. Hell, maybe his kit pushes Farm Boy to the meta?? We don’t know because we don’t know anything he does. He could help rebels, or droids. He could synergy with R2 or Chewy. Nobody knows. That’s why we want to know
  • You’re asking for a huge commitment for a legendary character
    A huge commitment? Ewoks have been farmable forever in this game. A huge commitment was Thrawn requiring 5 Phoenix characters or Revan requiring the 5 KOTOR characters just a few weeks after they became farmable or Revan.

Still a huge commitment. (Note: my team was ready months ago, so this isn’t about me) 5 toons, + gear, + abilities = huge commitment.
    Ooba hutar.
  • I don't see the reason for this thread. The only reason we're asking for the kit is because we know he's coming because CG was (for lack of a better word) "nice" in sharing that he was coming and that Ewoks would be needed. If we're going to complain that they give us the early information but not the kit, then a natural response from CG would be to not give us the early information. Farm gear/zetas/etc. like you want to get him at 7* no matter what and wait to put it on the Ewoks until you see his kit if you're concerned.

That said, the kit probably should have been released with that promo video they sent out.
This discussion has been closed.