Still no C3PO kit

Replies

• Don't get me wrong, I want to see the kit as much as everyone else here. I just don't think it's worth getting panties in a twist that it's not out yet.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Tennente wrote: »
    This is absurd. If you planned on getting CP3O then you would have geared ewoks already. Judging by past legendarys, He will be very useful in multiple parts of the game. It is always beneficial to obtain legendary toons. If you are waiting for kit reveal to decide whether or not to go for him then you are kidding yourself. Anyone complaining about kit reveal is just impatient.Anything different is just a lie.Move on.
    We are not entitled. If they choose to never do another kit reveal early again, then that is their perogative.

You’re missing the point.

And actually they are obligated to adhere to past practices. They’ve revealed kits for toons with plenty of time before the legendary release. The only exception to this was JKR because he needed to be buffed big time because testers found him to be too underwhelming.

I can’t stand when people say a company like CG doesn’t owe us, their customers and player base, anything. We provide money for their game. We provide the life source for SWGOH. No players means no money. No money means no game. It’s not unheard of to expect them to follow their past practices and to stop pushin the envelope on how much they can get away with by doing less and less.

Giving us a monthly calendar 5 days into the month for example. That’s not ok. Revealing character kits with less time before the event. Not ok. Changing kits after almost half a year because it doesn’t suite the most P2P toon in the history of the game without any warning whatsoever. Not ok.

I think you may be a little disgruntled. You have gone into many different subject areas. This is the topic of kit release. I would say that for a majority of players, especially ones that pay, have already decided to prepare for the C3P0 event. A kit release will not make a difference in their decision. This is a legendary event, will those that prepare decide to back out because the his kit as substandard? No. to your other point, they have deviated in many ways from their "past practices". It is the evolution of the game. Nobody owes you or any of us. They can continue how they see fit. If you choose to leave or stop playing because of a kit reveal, someone will take your place. Guarenteed.

• I have bad news for you, the old adage "the customer is always right is not actually true". Sometimes it's better to let the annoying, complaining, self entitled ones go.... In this case, just save your gear and wait to make an informed decision. You just want it now because you feel entitled because you may have spent money. No where does it state that because you spent money you get a say in release decisions. You purchased crystals, gear, character shards etc...[/quote]

Austin9370, preach brother. 🙏
  • My question is why are you guys complaining so much? Seriously they will release the kit when they do. They’ve done it a couple times so why does everyone freak out if they don’t release it two days before. 3PO will obviously be a good character as much as I hate to say so just be patient and gear up your Ewoks
  • Tennente wrote: »

I have bad news for you, the old adage "the customer is always right is not actually true". Sometimes it's better to let the annoying, complaining, self entitled ones go.... In this case, just save your gear and wait to make an informed decision. You just want it now because you feel entitled because you may have spent money. No where does it state that because you spent money you get a say in release decisions. You purchased crystals, gear, character shards etc...

Austin9370, preach brother. 🙏[/quote]

That’s your opinion. You’re entitled to it. But in that same breath, so am I. And I’m not disgruntled actually. I’m simply pointing out that after promises of better communication and information to the player base that they’ve grossly underperformed on that promise at times, and it’s becoming more common.

You and Austin may not think that the customer is always right, and that’s true to a certain extent but not in this case. Not to me and I’m sure many others. Don’t set a standard or make promises if you can’t deliver. Don’t try and play your customers as fools when they know exactly what’s going on.

Here’s the bottom line though. His kit has been known for awhile in their studio. Probably even before Crumbs riddle (probably his most difficult one to date. Very clever too). There’s no reason why they can’t adhere to their past standards of giving the kit 5 days ahead of time.

Like I said, it’s not just about 3PO and the Ewoks. Depending on how his kit is, 5 days of farming gear or zetas for characters he makes great is imperative to to F2P players and even guppies and dolphins.
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I mean, has any legendary thus far been anything but awesome? I think we can safely assume he'll be pretty great and any effort you've put into your ewoks will not have been wasted.

GMY when he first came out. Papa Palp was good for awhile and then died out into obscurity. Thrawn was really the first amazing legendary that’s never needed a rework really. He’s been good since his inception

Yeah EP is still very much so alive and kicking.

Well yeah he is now. But before his rework back in February and his zeta additions he had fallen out of the meta for awhile. The point was that both he and GMY fell into obscurity until their reworks and it wasn’t until GAT that a legendary started withstanding the test of time
  • Fives5555 wrote: »
    My question is why are you guys complaining so much? Seriously they will release the kit when they do. They’ve done it a couple times so why does everyone freak out if they don’t release it two days before. 3PO will obviously be a good character as much as I hate to say so just be patient and gear up your Ewoks

Eh...answers are in the thread lol.

I mean, has any legendary thus far been anything but awesome? I think we can safely assume he'll be pretty great and any effort you've put into your ewoks will not have been wasted.

GMY when he first came out. Papa Palp was good for awhile and then died out into obscurity. Thrawn was really the first amazing legendary that’s never needed a rework really. He’s been good since his inception

R2D2 doesn’t appreciate your tone.
  • robjay04 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

R2D2 doesn’t appreciate your tone.

I thought thrawn was before R2 no?
  • LaptiNek4Lyfe
    10 posts Member
    edited December 2018

I have bad news for you, the old adage "the customer is always right is not actually true". Sometimes it's better to let the annoying, complaining, self entitled ones go.... In this case, just save your gear and wait to make an informed decision. You just want it now because you feel entitled because you may have spent money. No where does it state that because you spent money you get a say in release decisions. You purchased crystals, gear, character shards etc...

That’s your opinion. You’re entitled to it. But in that same breath, so am I. And I’m not disgruntled actually. I’m simply pointing out that after promises of better communication and information to the player base that they’ve grossly underperformed on that promise at times, and it’s becoming more common.

You and Austin may not think that the customer is always right, and that’s true to a certain extent but not in this case. Not to me and I’m sure many others. Don’t set a standard or make promises if you can’t deliver. Don’t try and play your customers as fools when they know exactly what’s going on.

Here’s the bottom line though. His kit has been known for awhile in their studio. Probably even before Crumbs riddle (probably his most difficult one to date. Very clever too). There’s no reason why they can’t adhere to their past standards of giving the kit 5 days ahead of time.

Like I said, it’s not just about 3PO and the Ewoks. Depending on how his kit is, 5 days of farming gear or zetas for characters he makes great is imperative to to F2P players and even guppies and dolphins.

The phrase "the customer is always right" is absolute, not situational. Either the customer is always right or they aren't always right. The fact of the matter is that the customer is not always right. The customer can be right and clearly you think you are in this case, but a sense of entitlement doesn't make that true.

The phrase "the customer is always right" is absolute, not situational. Either the customer is always right or they aren't always right. The fact of the matter is that the customer is not always right. The customer can be right and clearly you think you are in this case, but a sense of entitlement doesn't make that true.

Lmao can someone explain how this is entitlement? Honestly expecting certain things that they’ve set as a standard is simply expecting what they’ve shown.
    People need to stop throwing that word around when people simply expect a certain level of customer service.

uae50urh7mrq.jpeg

Lmao can someone explain how this is entitlement? Honestly expecting certain things that they’ve set as a standard is simply expecting what they’ve shown.
    People need to stop throwing that word around when people simply expect a certain level of customer service.

uae50urh7mrq.jpeg

Wow, that is the exact definition of entitlement. They can choose when and if the do an early reveal. You, complaining that you didnt get the reveal in a timely manner makes you sound like you have a sense of entitlement. That you expect your service to be at a certain standard. As a layman, I can see the cost benefit of not revealing anything. They didnt have to tell us Ewoks were needed, glad they did. Get used to it or quit. Lower your expectations and you wont be easily dissappointed. This thread is done. That is all.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Each day they withhold the kit, they get more people invested. If they released the kit a few days ago, some people would be ok with 5*. The more days we don't know, it's more time some of us would consider pushing to 6* or 7*, and spending.

They probably figured out this formula a long time ago, and each legendary character reinforces this when they release the kit later and later.
  • (Generic impatient post)
    giphy.gif
  • Probably a mirror of Hyoda except for droids, and maybe a tm boost ability like JE.
  • Tennente wrote: »

uae50urh7mrq.jpeg

Wow, that is the exact definition of entitlement. They can choose when and if the do an early reveal. You, complaining that you didnt get the reveal in a timely manner makes you sound like you have a sense of entitlement. That you expect your service to be at a certain standard. As a layman, I can see the cost benefit of not revealing anything. They didnt have to tell us Ewoks were needed, glad they did. Get used to it or quit. Lower your expectations and you wont be easily dissappointed. This thread is done. That is all.

“the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.”

It’s not special treatment to expect them to do something they’ve always done. It’s not inherently deserving just because I am who I am. They’ve set the precedent. They’ve set the bar, they’ve set expectations. Don’t like these posts? Don’t participate. Thinking that you can just shut down a post is actually being pretty entitled
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    Probably a mirror of Hyoda except for droids, and maybe a tm boost ability like JE.

That would be my guess but I hope it extends to rebels for some kind of viable soft Revan counter. Cause we all know there won’t be any sort of hard counter yet lol
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    The kit is coming in August.

Was waiting to see how long it would take for someone to say that lol

Me too, so I volunteered to be that person for this thread.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

uae50urh7mrq.jpeg

I mean, it isn’t really entitlement. I think we all expected the kit to be here by now, and he’s simply questioning the method that CG is using here.

I’m not exactly unhappy that the kit isn’t here yet, but this thread has erupted in argument and accusations. The only people that can do anything about this scenario is CG, so let’s just calm down and wait for them to make a move.
  • The event is on Friday so we should have the kit today.
    I mean that is cool. It has always been like this anyway.
    Either you have the Ewoks ready or not but if you don’t then I think it is t almost too late. It is not like Revan where you had to drop some money on the packs whatever you farming plan was.
    This is a leap of faith for the OT fan and I am gladly taking it. All G11 and 3 zetas. I feel strong now lol.
    Bring the droid.

Love
  • Germi wrote: »
    The event is on Friday so we should have the kit today.
    Either you have the Ewoks ready or not but if you don’t then I think it is t almost too late. It is not like Revan where you had to drop some money on the packs whatever you farming plan was.
    This is a leap of faith for the OT fan and I am gladly taking it. All G11 and 3 zetas. I feel strong now lol.
    Bring the droid.

Love

Which 3 zetas? CHirps, Logray and Wicket?
  • Stud3099 wrote: »
    I don't see the reason for this thread. The only reason we're asking for the kit is because we know he's coming because CG was (for lack of a better word) "nice" in sharing that he was coming and that Ewoks would be needed. If we're going to complain that they give us the early information but not the kit, then a natural response from CG would be to not give us the early information. Farm gear/zetas/etc. like you want to get him at 7* no matter what and wait to put it on the Ewoks until you see his kit if you're concerned.

That said, the kit probably should have been released with that promo video they sent out.

One can only surmise the kit will cause many to ignore it. Otherwise it is probably still in testing.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    The moment you've all been waiting for.... C3P0's Kit!!!
    DSC_8061.JPGDSC_8026.JPG

• Please have good synergy with R2D2... please!
  • CiscoKid
    7 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    The moment you've all been waiting for.... C3P0's Kit!!!
    DSC_8061.JPGDSC_8026.JPG
    (Generic impatient post)
    giphy.gif

Haha both made me smile!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    The thing that really amuses me about all of this is that when they have released kits earlier and people have analyzed them for the purpose of deciding what to do before the character is actually in the game, that analysis has often been quite far off the mark.
  • There is now....Thanks to AhnaldT101

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFCVMtrqhEs
    Germi wrote: »
    The event is on Friday so we should have the kit today.
    Bring the droid.

Love

Which 3 zetas? CHirps, Logray and Wicket?

No unfortunately I have affected a drunk zeta on Paploo 6 months ago.
    So I have Chirp / Wicket and Paploo.
    I have one for Logray ready if really needed.
This discussion has been closed.