Galactic Bounties (or the lack there of)

Aside from the one last month (that was only added after non-CG staff pointed out that it was missing), we have not had Galactic Bounties since late September, really for 1 or 2. I know I am likely not the only one that was looking forward to the Galactic Bounties event becoming regular(changes at each person's opinion) at twice a quarter, and looking forward to testing out the true strength of my Bounty Hunters against one of the hardest events in the game for challenge, and being able to get some pretty sweet shards along the way. I would just like to ask if CG has decided that Galactic Bounties are going to be as rare as Hero's Journeys or if there is some other reason that we will only be having one round for the quarter (which seems lack luster if you ask me).

I love the Galactic Bounties event, it was one of the two reasons I decided to pour my resources into my Bounty Hunters for a while until they were strong enough to take on the top tier of the event for the Nest/Wampa shards(and for the Legendary Chewbacca). I was just wondering now that most of the playing base geared up their Bounty Hunters in order to take on Chewbacca, CG has decided to majorly reduce the number of times that the event will take place now that we can earn whoever's shards that we so choose. It seems to me that they wanted us to put as many of our resources into the bounty hunters as possible so that we would feel good about gearing them up (as well as for Chewbacca), and now that they have finished with that source of income, they have decided to move onto greener pastures as leave Galactic Bounties on the chopping block.

I feel that a lot of the player base would agree with me because we put a lot of time into these characters in a large part for this event, and I would like to see the event make a return. Am I the only one who feels this way? (Please keep this a positive discussion about the event, and not a way to berate CG for any reason, though I would not mind hearing Crumb's response to this. I do love a lively debate.)
Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty

Replies

• It's a very rare event and as you may have noticed it's indeed very rare......
  • It's a very rare event and as you may have noticed it's indeed very rare......

Wow! Thanks for your massive contribution to the discussion....

I agree with the OP, the galactic bounty events should at least show up once/month or once every other month. This is one of the few times where I can actually use my BH to their fullest extent and face a true challenge.

I believe the common response on other threads bringing up the same issue was that the shard rewards were too good and the rarity of the event helped balance this out. That being said I think that if you wanted to farm Wampa you've had plenty of time to do so, same goes for Nest.

@CG_SBCrumb Any chance we can get an idea of whether or not the devs intend on decreasing the rarity of this event so that it appears at least 1-2 times/quarter?
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    It's a very rare event and as you may have noticed it's indeed very rare......

I agree with the OP, the galactic bounty events should at least show up once/month or once every other month. This is one of the few times where I can actually use my BH to their fullest extent and face a true challenge.

I believe the common response on other threads bringing up the same issue was that the shard rewards were too good and the rarity of the event helped balance this out. That being said I think that if you wanted to farm Wampa you've had plenty of time to do so, same goes for Nest.

@CG_SBCrumb Any chance we can get an idea of whether or not the devs intend on decreasing the rarity of this event so that it appears at least 1-2 times/quarter?

The contribution was accurate. It's just not what you wanted to hear. Basically the post is wishing for an event to become less rare. Everyone would like all events to be more common, but the powers that be selected this rarity for the event and typically do not change them.

As @Gama_Fox stated above, I love this event because it allows me to try out my bounty hunters against what I consider to be one of the hardest PvE challenges in game (currently). It allows me to try different line-ups, different strategies, and to test out if a squad is truly good enough for other parts of the game.

Personally, I just thought that the event (even though properly labeled as very rare) would come more than once a quarter. I was hoping that maybe they would at least be twice a quarter (1 of each set to make things interesting). And I don't get use them for my main source of shards for Wampa and Nest, but they are always a welcomed gain in my book as there are lots of other shards that could be considered "more important" to farm.

Again, I would like this to remain a positive discussion, and I would like to hear from both sides to get all opinions, so please feel free to disagree with me, as this is just my opinion.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Mstrefe1 wrote: »

Again, I would like this to remain a positive discussion, and I would like to hear from both sides to get all opinions, so please feel free to disagree with me, as this is just my opinion.

No one will disagree... It's basically free crystals and other goodies, who would not want that event to be more common? Except for ea/cg obviously..
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    It's a very rare event and as you may have noticed it's indeed very rare......

The contribution was accurate. It's just not what you wanted to hear. Basically the post is wishing for an event to become less rare. Everyone would like all events to be more common, but the powers that be selected this rarity for the event and typically do not change them.

The contribution was simply stating a fact that the OP had already discussed, hence repeating it contributes nothing to the discussion. Do you personally feel that the rewards from this event are on the same level as those of the mythic legendary events, because as it is the GB are less frequent than the mythic legendary events.

This event has better rewards compared to the average event so it makes sense that it is more rare. But does it really need to be this rare? This seems a bit excessive.