Grand Arena question

Does anybody know for certain when mods are locked in for your defensive teams? Or is this another one of those things cg did not clarify at all...

Replies

• Options
    Same as TW
  • Options
    No idea what that means?
  • Options
    Dont they lock during setup phase of tw? Where is this info even listed?
  • Options
    All it says is they capture your GP at the "time of matchmaking" so I'm assuming it's when Player Lock occurs and your opponent is revealed, which in my game is 8h 40m from now.
  • Commander_Wolffe
    211 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Dont they lock during setup phase of tw? Where is this info even listed?

At the end of the preview/join phase, there's a 5 minute "match making" phase that happens before the defense/setup phase. Everything needs to be locked before the match making process happens. That means everything is locked at the end of the preview/join phase and the start the match making phase.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    That’s what it’s supposed to be. Some people have said they have evidence it’s not actually happening that way.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    That’s what it’s supposed to be. Some people have said they have evidence it’s not actually happening that way.
    Have they shown you that evidence?

I have evidence that pigs can fly. Honest! ;)
  • Options

My guess is that their evidence is "I didn't like the match I got, so the system is broken"
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Have they shown you that evidence?

I have evidence that pigs can fly. Honest! ;)

There were threads complaining it’s bugged is what I meant. I didn’t look at them that carefully so I am not taking a position on whether they are accurate.

I personally added a mod after it should have been locked and when I looked at my own character in my defense that mod was there. But I don’t know whether that’s just a visual thing with it showing me my own inventory.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    If you long press on your own toon from within TW it shows you the snapshot version you're using in the event. I've tested this and it showed correctly.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    If you long press on your own toon from within TW it shows you the snapshot version you're using in the event. I've tested this and it showed correctly.

That’s exactly what I’m talking about. That’s what I did, and it showed incorrectly (in GA, not TW).
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Maybe GA is bugged. Maybe it's just a visual bug. Maybe it's an actual bug. Maybe they set GA and TW differently for some reason. Maybe they forgot to set it up to be the same as TW.

Who knows? We're always the last to know.
  • Options
    Ok I've had everybody mention a "join" phase. I dont remember a join phase at all. I clearly remember "player lock" and "preview" which one sets the mods!? And when can I safely move them!? I'm getting thrashed in arena without them!
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @Ninjah9

Once it's locked you can move the mods back to your arena team in the game. Your toons in Grand Arena are locked once they match you with someone.

Any changes after matchmaking are not reflected in your GA roster.
  • Options
    Ok well for anyone as confused as I am, I found out today that mods lock in during the "Player Lock" phase, and can be safely removed and used by your other units during the "Setup" Phase. God idk why that was so hard to get a clear answer on. No offense to the people who tried to answer my question, but it was really that simple. Not "matchmaking" or supposed "Join" phase. The mods are simply locked in once the "Player Lock" phase has ended.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Never seemed confusing to me... No different than TW.
  • Options
    @Ninjah9 that's what I had just said above your message. Imagine your GA roster as a "picture" of all your characters when Player Lock occurs. Anything after that picture is taken is not reflected in GA.