Time Settings = moving shard?

Sorry if this is not the right place to post this.

I changed my time settings and am convinced i'm in a new shard (unfortunately a more established one) I don't recognize the names around me in the arena.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a bug?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moving times does not change your shard.
  • If you've moved by several hours you'll be seeing different people making the climb as they approach their payout
  • Guess that’s it then. Thanks for reassurance. I suspect I’ll move back my time setting but I’ll give it a couple of weeks to see.
  • Just gone through arena I remain convinced I’ve moved shard.
  • You're not the only person to say this. Whereabouts in your shard do you normally place? if it's in the hundreds then it'll look completely different at different times of day.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Usually between 30 and 60. So different people do move in and out of that range. I got to know certain players/teams that were easy wins or to be avoided though and they are no longer around.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Elland wrote: »
    Usually between 30 and 60. So different people do move in and out of that range. I got to know certain players/teams that were easy wins or to be avoided though and they are no longer around.

Rankings are not static. Some players drop — others climb. Some even change their nick name. Arena ranks and opponents are not static. Your observation is not proof that you were moved to another shard.
  • I can see this isn’t going to get me answers and have emailed EA.

Hopefully people will start screenshooting their arena top 10 and folks around their position before changing time zone.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Elland wrote: »
    I can see this isn’t going to get me answers and have emailed EA.

Hopefully people will start screenshooting their arena top 10 and folks around their position before changing time zone.

You had your answer at post 2 in the thread.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It was worth contacting help.
  • Elland wrote: »
    It was worth contacting help.

This might be the first time anyone has ever said that.

And they told you what Kyno said in the 2nd post.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • It took a couple of goes but I didn’t get the same answer as earlier in the thread,
  • so you never got the same answer as kyno said but its a massive secret to what the answer was then?
  • Elland wrote: »
    It took a couple of goes but I didn’t get the same answer as earlier in the thread,

Then they were either mistaken or misunderstood your question.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*