Phoenix in Phase 2 (and elsewhere e.g. TB/TW)

Shadowscream
970 posts Member
edited December 2018
Phase 2 Sith - Phoenix with Sabine can do an ok job from the looks of recommended teams and videos. They are also useful in TW/TB
Which Zetas are critical for maximising performance? I already have Flourish done....
Obviously all 5 would be nice....but let’s go with TWO other than Flourish 🙂🤞

(I use Ghost and Phantom - so I’m guessing my fleet would also get a small nudge)

Replies

• BrakirKY
    145 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Zeta order for your remaining Phoenix should be kanan, sabine, zeb, Hera. For tb, the best Phoenix squad is actually hera/sabine/kanan/chopper/zeb, provided that both Kanan and Sabine at least are zetad. You're better off using Ezra with Jedi or other rebels once you commit to zetaing the whole or majority of Phoenix. The two biggies are definitely Kanan and Sabine though. Kanan's gives you tons of. TM gain and a mass cleanse. Sabine's will drastically increases teamwide damage, and it also has a less obvious benefit of providing a lot of extra stuns from zeb. Her exposes allow him to stun on counters and his basic far more often, and the buffs from demolish will help his very low base CC.

For Hera and Zeb's zetas, you will want to target Zeb with her assist special, because it will let him use his staggering sweep every other turn because of cd reduction, while also increasing his chance to stun or daze with his basic during the assist itself. If chopper happened to assist the initial staggering sweep and then Hera calls him with her special, you will sometimes have it available in back to back turns.

Ezra's zeta is great, but it doesn't add any team-wide mechanics like the other Phoenix zetas, and having both tanks in place keeps Hera, zeb, and Sabine safe from all the counterattacks in LSTB. Chopper also provides an extra source of CD reduction and TM removal ( using his 2nd special on a buffed up snowtrooper or probe droid can delay the enemy's turns long enough for you to get another full round of turns from your squad)

The unique sharing feature from Hera's lead also benefits them the most when Ezra is left out, as Kanan, chopper, and zeb all have healing mechanics that keep your squad in the fight, and Sabine's adds much needed CC and CD to everyone. You'll already get offense up from Sabine's zeta, so the stacking offense from Ezra won't help as much as the extra crit damage and more reliable crit chance from Sabine's.

If you do at least add Kanan and Sabine's zetas and gear them to g11+, they actually do great even in p6 of LSTB. I use them every time on the p6 Rebels only mission to free up cls/zolo/chewie for the SM, and they are the easiest 6/6 even if platoons weren't fully filled. They also have two of the most versatile ships in the game, so they give an extra boost there as well.

• Options
    @BrakirKY excellent writeup! I was debating investing in Phoenix to G9+ after I'm done my Troopers and you've sold me.
  • Options
    This is great....Zeb is my weak link, he’s still using trash mods and G8 (from when I got Thrawn). I’ll need to get him 2 stun guns and get him leveled!

Can I ask how you mod Zeb? The usual online recommends 2 sets of health, 1 set Potency. CD triangle, Health circle and Health Cross presumably to maximise his +protection unique. Is that the best option?
  • Options
    I know you're asking @BrakirKY, but I did Crit Damage x4 and potency x2 with a potency cross. He hits harder but still lands daze/stun @ 55ish % potency. I don't have a CD triangle lying around for him so I've got a +offense triangle with 9 speed. Once I manage to find one he'll get it.
  • Options
    Modding Zeb can be kind of tricky, because it depends on what zetas you have to a large extent. Once you have Kanan and Sabine's zetas ( the two most important ones ) but before his own zeta, Zeb will primarily be used for controlling the enemy with daze, stuns, and stagger. A good chunk of his TM and attacks will be from kanan's zeta and counters, so you don't need super high speed. In general, you will want an offense set or CD set, preferably offense now, and a potency set. For the primaries, an offense or CD triangle, potency cross, and protection circle.
    After you add Zeb and Hera's zetas, he will be dealing a ton more damage on his special, and much more often, so it's better to maximize his offense. Ideally you would have offense and potency sets, СD triangle, offense cross, and protection circle.
    For secondaries no matter which zetas you have, potency and flat offense are best, along with speed.

Before you add Sabine's zeta, or if you are running Ezra instead of Sabine, the mods will be a little different. You'll want an offense or CD set still with potency cross, but you will probably need to use a CC triangle and CC set instead of a potency set ( especially if you use a CD set with him), because he has pretty low base CC no matter the gear level. You will also need more speed if Kanan isn't zetad, because you wont get that 50% TM every time a foresight pops.