How can one person have so much greed(and crystals) to allow such things

Replies

• Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Do race car drivers move over so other drivers can lead the race before the final lap? Does this kid have to move over to let others have 1st before their payout? No.

Imagine if a race car driver lead for 20 laps, then moved to second willingly to let other racers get to lead. That's never going to happen. If he wants to be #1 and stay #1, then he's trying to hold his spot and maintain dominance.

uhm...
    https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11507681/russian-gp-should-valtteri-bottas-have-let-lewis-hamilton-through
  • Options
    NgH wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but I keep seeing mention of "reaching out to" players not in shard chat (whatever that is); how can you contact someone who's not in your guild or chat room?

The game asks you if you want to add arena opponents as allies when you battle them. You can message any ally.
  • NgH
    59 posts Member
    Options
    ^^Thanks
  • Options
    This thread literally proves why shard chats are toxic.

The OP has openly admitted that his shard chat has put a MINOR. Let me repeat that a MINOR on a proverbial "hit list", because he is trying to be competitive and retain dominate position staying at number 1.

REALLY!?! People want to say oh shard chats aren't toxic. Well guess what here is proof other wise right here. If even 1 shard chat is doing this sort of thing then you know there are others doing the same thing. How can ANYONE justify specifically targeting a MINOR just because they feel entitled to hit number 1 at the time of their payout?
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

The OP has openly admitted that his shard chat has put a MINOR. Let me repeat that a MINOR on a proverbial "hit list", because he is trying to be competitive and retain dominate position staying at number 1.

REALLY!?! People want to say oh shard chats aren't toxic. Well guess what here is proof other wise right here. If even 1 shard chat is doing this sort of thing then you know there are others doing the same thing. How can ANYONE justify specifically targeting a MINOR just because they feel entitled to hit number 1 at the time of their payout?

Lol overreact much? Putting MINOR in all caps a few times and saying "hit list"....come on now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

one no one knows this is a minor. He could just not respond.

Two, are you suggesting that a minor shouldn't be allowed to lose?

Three, if it is a minor, are you suggesting it is a good thing that a minor is allowed to camp out on their phone to keep 1st. After all shouldn't they be in school for a large portion of the day?

• Options

Three, if it is a minor, are you suggesting it is a good thing that a minor is allowed to camp out on their phone to keep 1st. After all shouldn't they be in school for a large portion of the day?

I'm arguing that some one who based off their settings as the OP described is most likely a minor and a bunch of other people are colluding to take advantage of said minor via a shard chat. This is due to the fact that they believe they are entitled to something because they think because he plays the way it was designed isn't a valid form of enjoyment or their enjoyment trumps the validity of his method of enjoyment.
  • Options
    He’s doing what the game allows him to do. Do what the game allows you to do. Gang up with your shard to snipe him at his payout.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Options

I'm arguing that some one who based off their settings as the OP described is most likely a minor and a bunch of other people are colluding to take advantage of said minor via a shard chat. This is due to the fact that they believe they are entitled to something because they think because he plays the way it was designed isn't a valid form of enjoyment or their enjoyment trumps the validity of his method of enjoyment.

Not responding is not proof they are a minor. They may just not likebshard chats and choose to ignore messages.

And camping at 1st pretty much guarantees you'll be targeted more often, whether by a shard chat or individuals wanting first. So they should fully expect to be attacked.

Now in my fleet, I'm not in a chat though I have briefly talked to a few people asking when my payout is. But I still don't climb super early because I know that those with payouts before mine will hit me. I sit comfortably in the top 20 and climb to 1st at my payout because I can do it with a couple of attacks. If I wanted first all day, I would expect to be attacked much more frequently.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options

You can switch of chat invites in the settings menu, which is far more likely than it actually being a minor seeying as he's apparantly spending quite a bit to maintain his top rank throughout the day.
    the rest of your comment is just nonsense. i mean, "take advantage of said minor" ? How?! By trying to work to gether to NOT get sniped by some random guy who enjoys screwing up other players' payouts?
    Reality is calling, i hope you'll awnser.

• Options
    Boov wrote: »

You can switch of chat invites in the settings menu, which is far more likely than it actually being a minor seeying as he's apparantly spending quite a bit to maintain his top rank throughout the day.
    the rest of your comment is just nonsense. i mean, "take advantage of said minor" ? How?! By trying to work to gether to NOT get sniped by some random guy who enjoys screwing up other players' payouts?

Oh so you're admitting that these people have to collude as a group to be successful in a 1v1 game mode?
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options

Oh so you're admitting that these people have to collude as a group to be successful in a 1v1 game mode?
    Guess you didn't awnser to call... ;)
  • Options

You keep intentionally ignoring the part where no one HAS to collude to be successful. They all are capable of taking (and retaking) 1st without help. They are just cooperating so they don't have to spend premium currency to fend off someone who's only goal is to screw things up for others.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options

lol I mean I'm just pointing out how much it's against the spirit of the game. You take a group of people come up with an organized hit list and arbitrary rules. Then force people to either join the shard chat and if they don't agree with what the preset rules are they are declared hostile and put on a proverbial list in which people as a collective try and exclude them from climbing.

Are you saying that doesn't happen because that is the reality?
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options

lol I mean I'm just pointing out how much it's against the spirit of the game. You take a group of people come up with an organized hit list and arbitrary rules. Then force people to either join the shard chat and if they don't agree with what the preset rules are they are declared hostile and put on a proverbial list in which people as a collective try and exclude them from climbing.

What's your point? If that happens it's within the rules of the game, just like camping #1 all day.
  • Options
    I would collaborate and hit him constantly to force him to start paying for refreshes, he'll get tired of it.
  • Admiral_Gibbs
    37 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

What's your point? If that happens it's within the rules of the game, just like camping #1 all day.

Think about if you played fantasy football and are in a 12 man league. 8 of those people get together and they don't like you. So no matter what kind of trade you attempt to set up to improve your team they vote it down. Or every time you go for a free agent on waivers they set it up so that one of them blocks you. Would you say that's fair or right? Absolutely NOT and most likely wouldn't play in that league again because they are taking advantage of a loop hole that can't be fixed due to the rules of how a league is set up.

Same thing here. People in shard chats are basically setting up these groups outside of the game to take advantage of a loop hole the devs don't currently have a method of stopping. This is different from it being within the rules of the game. The rules of the game have it set so its 1 v 1 not 1 v x number of people. That's what territory wars are for if you want to fight as a group. Excluding people based off arbitrary rules or using groups to take advantage of a loop hole is a direct violation of the 1v1 mode. If you disagree you're either lying to yourself or are one of the people benefiting from this collusion and don't actually care about the health of the game and are thus part of the problem.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    If you disagree you're either lying to yourself or are one of the people benefiting from this collusion and don't actually care about the health of the game and are thus part of the problem.
    Look, you're arguing vs the absolute worst shardchats out there. While i'm sure they exist, your average shardchat isn't like that at all.
    Not sure how shardchats are bad for the health of the game either, most people who are affected by shardchats (positively or negatively) are in favour of shard chats. Mainly because the overwhelming majority of players affected by shardchats is affected in a possitive way.
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Boov wrote:

Sure, but Hamilton himself admitted it wasn't his race to win and Bottas deserved the win. He only did it because his boss said so to win the whole championship for the team and Hamilton, but that doesn't make it right though. That's never the driver's choice to move over, the article even shows how not right Hamilton felt about doing it because it's wrong.
  • Options
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Boov wrote:

Sure, but Hamilton himself admitted it wasn't his race to win and Bottas deserved the win. He only did it because his boss said so to win the whole championship for the team and Hamilton, but that doesn't make it right though. That's never the driver's choice to move over, the article even shows how not right Hamilton felt about doing it because it's wrong.

That's also a team as opposed to an individual free for all.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

lol I mean I'm just pointing out how much it's against the spirit of the game.

Against the spirit of the game? I thought, that the spirit of the game was, that anybody could hit whoever they like in the arena. I also thought, tha social interaction was in the spirit of the game, since the game provides guilds and chat options. All players can choose to interact socially or not to.

• Options

Ultra wrote: »
    I had the same person in my ship shard

He would be glued to his phone around his PO and would spend more crystals than he's making just to always be #1

we gave up and rotated the 2/3/4th place and since its fleet its not a big deal

This dude has been adamant since before ships 2.0 and I am just so glad I changed my PO away from him

The main reason I aim for 1st is not the crystals but the ship credits that buy zetas. Maybe his bigger desire is to dominate on zetas. It’s the only way to “buy” zetas.
  • Options
    newbornFL wrote: »
    So I have an player in my ship arena,he has an minor account since I can't message him(i assume that's why),tried searching for him on discord and his guild,but no sucess.

His payout is always at 18h,and he ALWAYS gets 1 or if he gets sniped last minute.

Thing is , he wants to stay 1 all day through the night(unlikely as there are US members attacking at that time), and after he gets demoted he still forces 1 even after his payout.

It's now 19h35 and he is sniping everyone ,me included in the game to get to 1 . He wants to stay there all day through the night till tommorow 18h,and,he usually does it.

But he is an annoyance,how can you deal with this?Because I assume it would be not ok to make an rule so that you can't refresh after x hours after your payout is passed. He seems to have an infinite crystal and doesn't mind spending those **at all**

What a little kitten comment. Arenas aren’t setup for you to trade out who gets the best rewards it’s supposed to be for whoever is best. People like you and all the others coordinating rewards on discord are ruining this game

• Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    JK_47 wrote: »
    So I have an player in my ship arena,he has an minor account since I can't message him(i assume that's why),tried searching for him on discord and his guild,but no sucess.

His payout is always at 18h,and he ALWAYS gets 1 or if he gets sniped last minute.

Thing is , he wants to stay 1 all day through the night(unlikely as there are US members attacking at that time), and after he gets demoted he still forces 1 even after his payout.

It's now 19h35 and he is sniping everyone ,me included in the game to get to 1 . He wants to stay there all day through the night till tommorow 18h,and,he usually does it.

But he is an annoyance,how can you deal with this?Because I assume it would be not ok to make an rule so that you can't refresh after x hours after your payout is passed. He seems to have an infinite crystal and doesn't mind spending those **at all**

What a little kitten comment. Arenas aren’t setup for you to trade out who gets the best rewards it’s supposed to be for whoever is best. People like you and all the others coordinating rewards on discord are ruining this game

not that i disagree with your first assesment, this game has never rewarded whoever is the best. At a certain point you're pretty much equal to the rest of the contenders in the top20, so whoever gets #1 at pay-out has always been who has time to play during pay-out/who's better at sniping/locking/who's willing to spend the most crystals on refreshes. Unless that's your definition of being "the best" ofcourse...
  • Options

Think about if you played fantasy football and are in a 12 man league. 8 of those people get together and they don't like you. So no matter what kind of trade you attempt to set up to improve your team they vote it down. Or every time you go for a free agent on waivers they set it up so that one of them blocks you. Would you say that's fair or right? Absolutely NOT and most likely wouldn't play in that league again because they are taking advantage of a loop hole that can't be fixed due to the rules of how a league is set up.

Same thing here. People in shard chats are basically setting up these groups outside of the game to take advantage of a loop hole the devs don't currently have a method of stopping. This is different from it being within the rules of the game. The rules of the game have it set so its 1 v 1 not 1 v x number of people. That's what territory wars are for if you want to fight as a group. Excluding people based off arbitrary rules or using groups to take advantage of a loop hole is a direct violation of the 1v1 mode. If you disagree you're either lying to yourself or are one of the people benefiting from this collusion and don't actually care about the health of the game and are thus part of the problem.

So with hundreds of people in a shard, you think there is nothing that can be done if a hostile shard chat is created.

I mean you could always start a new shard chat to fight against the bad one. Yes one player trying to break through a group that is hostile is hard. But I'm sure in a shard like that it is likely only a handful that are for being that hostile. If a rival grouo starts up that can push them out of the top 20, I'm sure several members of the hostile shard chat would jump ship for a more laid back alternative. Eventually those that want the stupid rules are by themselves and not powerful enough to do much and the shard can become less hostile.

So if you have a hostile shard chat, get in contact with others being excluded and do something about it. Or is that to much collusion to stop collusion?
  • Options

not that i disagree with your first assesment, this game has never rewarded whoever is the best. At a certain point you're pretty much equal to the rest of the contenders in the top20, so whoever gets #1 at pay-out has always been who has time to play during pay-out/who's better at sniping/locking/who's willing to spend the most crystals on refreshes. Unless that's your definition of being "the best" ofcourse...

Arguing with these guys is like arguing with flat earthers or anti-vaxxers. They will NEVER see a different point of view, acknowledge any valid points you have, or admit there might be flaws in their stance.

Best to save your breath (fingers), nod your head, and move on.
  • Options

Arguing with these guys is like arguing with flat earthers or anti-vaxxers. They will NEVER see a different point of view, acknowledge any valid points you have, or admit there might be flaws in their stance.

Best to save your breath (fingers), nod your head, and move on.

To be fair, both sides stick to their own point of view. I do want to keep my own shard chat, but i don't really want to be part of those extreme examples of shardchats that the anti crowd always bring up.
    Every time it's being discussed i do wonder how much their ingame performance has actually suffered from shardchats though.
  • Options

To be fair, both sides stick to their own point of view. I do want to keep my own shard chat, but i don't really want to be part of those extreme examples of shardchats that the anti crowd always bring up.
    Every time it's being discussed i do wonder how much their ingame performance has actually suffered from shardchats though.

That's the point though - to them every single time they fall back in arena, it's some grand conspiracy involving shady figures in the shard chats. And if even one shard chat did that once, then it's all chats all the time.
  • Options

That's the point though - to them every single time they fall back in arena, it's some grand conspiracy involving shady figures in the shard chats. And if even one shard chat did that once, then it's all chats all the time.

I'm not saying that either. I'm saying if there's one "evil" shard chat people are aware of the law of tens states that there's at least 10 more "evil" ones that go unnoticed. So at what point does the problem of evil shard chats outweigh the benefit of the good ones. IF any shard chats could be considered good which I think is also debatable.
  • Options
    JK_47 wrote: »

That has been my point this entire time lol