I disagree with the way you launch new characters(C3PO)

newbornFL
483 posts Member
edited January 16
He is clearly powercreep based on his kit(5 unique?!,what's next,revan and malak 10 uniques with 3 special attacks and 7 zetas !?)

If he would have been released in the timeline when R2D2 was released,he would be nowhere like he is now.
He would be more in line like r2d2 who is not really that complicated and is a good character.

But c2po is straight up overkill. He is not in line with r2d2 when he should be and i guarantee it if he would be launched at the same time with r2d2 he would be the same as r2d2,not too much ,but not less.
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    I'm sure Darth Revan will have sub-abilities on his abilities
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    It's not really 5 uniques unless your running Ewoks though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Keep in mind, 3 of those 5 uniques are focused on a specific faction. If you plan to use Threepio on a Resistance team, you don’t need to invest in the uniques that benefit Rebels or GR right away, for example.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Keep in mind, 3 of those 5 uniques are focused on a specific faction. If you plan to use Threepio on a Resistance team, you don’t need to invest in the uniques that benefit Rebels or GR right away, for example.

Except when you’re also running R2.
  • This is such a silly comment. Of course there is power creep.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    This is such a silly comment.

On the SWGOH forum? What????
  • Ultra wrote: »

Darth Revan will require a 5 page PDF download to view the abilities text.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Someone in our guild predicted that Darth Revan will give you the ability to control the opposing side's toons for one turn at the start of battle.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    He's a... (wait for it)...Buff Bot lol Why no red arm?
  • It's fine. The unique abilities aren't a mini novel like Revans abilities are and only 2 of them will apply to each faction (unless your the ewoks which means you get to benefit from 4 of them or if your R2 who beneifts from all 5). I'm glad they kept each unique ability relatively straight forward. Ewoks gain the most from them all i think but they kinda needed that. The computer AI probably will be good at using the kit since there is only 1 basic and 1 special ability.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    He's a... (wait for it)...Buff Bot lol

tumblr_lrq9glfZ6N1qbcygao1_r1_250.gif
  • newbornFL wrote: »
    He is clearly powercreep based on his kit(5 unique?!,what's next,revan and malak 10 uniques with 3 special attacks and 7 zetas !?)

If he would have been released in the timeline when R2D2 was released,he would be nowhere like he is now.
    He would be more in line like r2d2 who is not really that complicated and is a good character.

But c2po is straight up overkill. He is not in line with r2d2 when he should be and i guarantee it if he would be launched at the same time with r2d2 he would be the same as r2d2,not too much ,but not less.

I prefer this. In the past, the last three uniques would have been a single ability with a truck dump of text.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Viserys wrote: »
    newbornFL wrote: »

I prefer this. In the past, the last three uniques would have been a single ability with a truck dump of text.

Does it matter?
  • He's a... (wait for it)...Buff Bot lol Why no red arm?

Hah you underestimate CG's power to make another toon out of that
  • TVF wrote: »

Does it matter?

Sure it does. In the past that one ability with a wall of text would only have to be leveled once. Now as 3 separate abilities, you need to level it 3 times!
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    TVF wrote: »

Does it matter?

Sure it does. In the past that one ability with a wall of text would only have to be leveled once. Now as 3 separate abilities, you need to level it 3 times!

Granted.

With that said, I'm at the point where purples are basically meaningless. But I hear you on omegas/zetas.

So actually, the OP of that post has it backwards. This is worse.
  • Yes, there is power creep, but with a game like this, there always will be, especially if they are keeping the game interesting in new and creative ways. I for one think CG has done an excellent job at keeping power creep to a minimum. (See all the complaints when Revan was released about how he could be beat by multiple other factions.) Not to mention that they keep power creep in mind and do period reworks for weaker factions or add new characters to weaker factions that make them viable again. If adding Chewie and 3P0 makes CLS teams viable in Arena again, then they are actually part of the solution, and not part of the problem.
  • TVF wrote: »

Someone in our guild predicted that Darth Revan will give you the ability to control the opposing side's toons for one turn at the start of battle.

I had posted that on one of the theory crafted kits for Snoke, I thought it would be perfect for his story, and also would be such a fun mechanic. You can't avoid damage, but you can use their abilities exactly how you want them used!
  • Ultra wrote: »

Each unique gets it's own contract to fulfill, which then unlocks a new unique. If you unlock both the new unique on Darth Revan and on Darth Malak you fulfill a new contract and they both get a new special ability and if you use that special ability on a Jedi you get a new unique buff, and that new unique buff gives both Darth Revan and Darth Malak a new leader ability with a new contract that unlocks 3 more unique abilities. If you unlock all of these unique abilities you then get to pick one target on the enemy team that then joins your own team (obviously doesn't work on raid bosses). If the target you picked was also a Jedi that unlocks a secret unique that isn't written in the kit write-up and it changes every time a new player around the world unlocks it.
  • He's a... (wait for it)...Buff Bot lol Why no red arm?

because no one would recognize him.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator

single spaced, font size 8, font style Impact, 1-inch margins
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    It's not really 5 uniques unless your running Ewoks though.

Not true. Each unique applies to all allies (the very first sentence of each unique makes that clear) but further benefits are provided to different factions through different uniques. Ewoks just benefit the most from all 5 uniques.

It's not really different than one unique that applies differently to different factions, other than the fact that it also happens to cost more purples and omegas.
  • I'm just waiting for Carbonite Han.

Unique (and only) completely impervious to very single form of attack in the game, except for Jabba's wallet (coming soon, Jabba the Hutt).

It will require every single toon in the game all at G12 to acquire.

The game will close a week later.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
This discussion has been closed.