Thank you for GA

Dear Developers,

I just want to say thank you for this awesome game mode Grand Arena.
I really love this new challenge.
1 vs 1
3 vs 3
Fleet battles
Awesome possibilities with further match ups (resistance only or sith)
This is absolutely amazing. And many players waited for just this cool game mode.

But, the actual GA is messed up.
Really, why only a few of my opponents have Revan, Wampa etc etc?
It's ridiculous, because I have no Revan, Traya, Wampa, Bastila. What the heck. I have Zaalbar and T3 on 0/25 shards.
Yes, I've had a 6 months break. My fault.

Isn't it that hard to check for the following things in your match making algorithm?:
Major toons
Zeta
GM of Top 70 toons (35 for offense and defense (4kk GP+))
Etc etc

I really like the idea of GA.
But I can't enjoy the matches atm.

So dear opponents, if you read my name in GA.
I'll set my defense troops. But I apologize for not beeing compatitve.

With kind regards,
Alteisen76

Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Enjoy your 10 cuffs
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Enjoy your 10 cuffs

Of course I will. Free (B)Gear is always appreciated :D
  • I second OP. Will definitely be fun with different requirements (3v3, fleet, etc.) Actually stoked we get to play a full GA. Let the games begin!
  • I'm sure they were more concerned with getting a working, functioning game mode up and running than compiling a complex matchmaking formula. Obviously the formula will get tweaked and that's something that's easy to do once the game mode structure is in place and functioning.
  • I'm sure they were more concerned with getting a working, functioning game mode up and running than compiling a complex matchmaking formula. Obviously the formula will get tweaked and that's something that's easy to do once the game mode structure is in place and functioning.

Your words in Yodas Ears (Doofe Anspielung auf dein Wort in Gottes Gehörgang (German))
  • Because it’s a stupid game mode
  • Seku wrote: »
    Because it’s a stupid game mode

Did you enter?
  • Seku wrote: »
    Because it’s a stupid game mode

It's not a stupid game mode.
    The idea is really nice.
    Maybe some oldscoolers remember the time before we have guildes.
    Warriors who fight against everyone....
    No communication, just combat.
    3 years ago .....
    And now these folks can do just fight ...
    This is awesome. This is good.
  • Strongly disagree.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Well, if you lose 2 rounds, in the final losers bracket it should be easier. If an opponent has a better PvP roster, of course they will win.
  • What i love is everything is calculated, and all teams are visible, so say someone is cheating, they have deployed all best defence, and they wiped you out with what they had left, the stat calculators will make it easier to prove they cheated.
    If it works, i hope it becomes code in the arena and TW too, even if its non displayed, just a deterrent for people thinking about cheating.
  • Well, if you lose 2 rounds, in the final losers bracket it should be easier. If an opponent has a better PvP roster, of course they will win.
    Nope, it should be a tough, a **** hard fight for everybody.
    One false move and you should failed.
    But it should be a fight on the same level.
    GA is the game I allways wanted.
    Let's fight!
    All Warriors stay together and fight for an compatitve GA.
    You are awesome!
    Let's make GA the battle arena it should be!
  • Arena is basically your 5 of your top toons. I think grand arena should basically be your whole roster. Increase the number squad defenses. Cap the max GP per squad, so there are no OP squads that are like walls on defense. This would force people to actually want to broaden the whole roster rather than just a few toons.
  • I for one don't get all the complaining. It's like everyone is at the starting line at an iron man triathlon or every MMA fighter is gathered in an arena for a big competition. We are all starting at zero wins. Yes some of us are up against people with Revan and traya. I don't have either. I'm okay with it. I expect to run into teams like that for a bit.

But assuming they take your win loss record and start matching you up with people who have similar records, you will face more opponents suited to your roster.

My firsts opponent had a Fin resistance lead team with bb8. Everyone was at gear 8. No zeta on fin, no zeta on bb8 but there's a zeta gear 12 smuggler Han there. Looking at the rest of his roster, he made some really strange character and gear choices. Maybe he is just leveling up characters he likes I dunno but hes probably on here or Reddit crying about it being unfair.

There are so many tools and people out there to help guide and build arena worth teams. Use them. If you can't be bothered, don't expect to do well right out of the gate.

I enjoy the grand arena. I'll be struggling to find six solid defence team's along with 6 solid offensive team's myself but that's what makes it fun. If I lose, I still get more gear.
  • I like it a lot. My only wish isthat they use this format to allow chilies to challenge each other. Don't need rewards, just tracked results.
  • Just to chime in, I like the idea too but the matchmaking algorithm could use some work. While my opponent and I have very similar GPs, he’s got 54 G12 and 36 zetas against my 24 G12s and 24 zetas. I get it, choices are choices but when there are conflicting game modes (and recurring events) that make you pick and choose which characters to level and how far, people who spread their resources to excel at multiple facets of the game are put at an inherent disadvantage when matchmaking is done like this. These matches are predetermined for most players and no one likes going into a fight knowing they’re about to get their **** kicked.

To everyone putting down other people on the forums for complaining about this game mode, take a step back and look at it with a little perspective. Mod challenges used to require certain toons and TB was released way before TW. There was encouragement to spread your resources and power up all your factions. Then they drop the highly competitive game modes. We can’t take those choices to 7 star G9 all the Jawas back. We can’t pull back all the stockpiles of gear we used to move our trash up to G8 or level down from 85 just for some more TB fluff. Point is, the main argument I’ve seen against changing the matchmaking algorithm is “don’t fluff your roster”. Well, when those decisions were being made they weren’t intended to be fluff at the time. We wanted those coveted crit damage mods and we wanted that next star in TB. And now a lot of us are being punished (likely unintentially) for wanting to spread the wealth.