Canceling TWs for December [MERGE]

Prev134567
SoonerJBD
460 posts Member
edited December 2018
I don’t think you understand how new content is supposed to work. It means you provide something new in addition to what people are already getting. It does not mean you remove many people’s favorite game mode so they can concentrate on whatever shiny new thing you want to introduce. For a lot of competitive players, TW is our favorite aspect of the game. Grand arena seems nice, but the guild aspect of TW and the teamwork required makes it special. Canceling all TWs for the month for no good reason is a slap in the face to those of us who enjoy them. I know it shouldn’t surprise me at this point, but the continual contempt shown for the player base in this game is really stunning.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• ... one win away from Sith Master. Now unnecessarily have to wait an extra month. Thanks! You keep moving events around left and right, folks might think you don’t plan very well.
  • How **** is it to remove TW entirely? Only players at lvl 85 can participate in Grand Arena. TW is great and many guilds focus on it. Removing TW from December is a poor move, CG. I'm very disappointed.
  • So no territory wars this month and the rewards we would have gotten will be based on grand arena rank.

Seriously! And that is supposed to make up for it? I'm in a guild who has only lost 5 territory wars since its inception. We don't have any Revans or Trayas. I don't have revan or Traya but my GO is over 3.5 million because I focus on other characters and am F2P for the most part and not going to spend 100s if not 1000s on revan. I am paired up in this grand arena with all people who have revan and traya. I faced someone last time who had revan and Traya. There is no way for me to win. So how is this supposed to make up for the territory rewards I am losing? Devs? Answer that.
  • Moreover, I need 3 more TW victories for Jedi Master quest.
    Will the rewards added to GA trigger the TW victory count in quests? @CG_SBCrumb
  • Canceling TW is a stupid move. Only players at lvl 85 can participate in the Grand Arena anyways. Many guilds focus on TW, too. It's a fun game mode and now thousands of players lose out on reward and all players lose out on not being able to play this fun game mode.

Shame on you, CG!
  • Eliminating TW for December is not acceptable. Simple. New mode or not, a lot of players focus and enjoy TW. Not to mention, TW is needed to progress several prestigious Quests. Now I am going to have to wait another month or longer to fulful some quests.

You know what, if you want to cancel anything, cancel the boring mode that TB is, not TW.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • I’m in the same boat as you. The devs have messed up big time in this one. I’m going to lose out on rewards as well. It’s just a joke; I’m paired with 5 people that have both revan and traya the others have traya. There’s no chance I can get a single win.
    I would prefer more tw’s and no grand arena
  • Dnoff423 wrote: »
    So no territory wars this month and the rewards we would have gotten will be based on grand arena rank.

Seriously! And that is supposed to make up for it? I'm in a guild who has only lost 5 territory wars since its inception. We don't have any Revans or Trayas. I don't have revan or Traya but my GO is over 3.5 million because I focus on other characters and am F2P for the most part and not going to spend 100s if not 1000s on revan. I am paired up in this grand arena with all people who have revan and traya. I faced someone last time who had revan and Traya. There is no way for me to win. So how is this supposed to make up for the territory rewards I am losing? Devs? Answer that.

If you read it carefully, you should see that most people will be getting more rewards than they normally would have, while the rest will be getting slightly less. It really isn't that big of a deal.

There's also the fact that Revan has some obvious counters while he's on defense (though he'll win basically any offensive battle provided he has all three zetas). Traya will be tough but can definitely still be beaten, I also have neither of them, FTP, am at 2.1 GP, and beat teams with both in my own Arena. You are really losing many rewards at all, and if it's that big of a problem, you may very well push yourself to do better. Don't rely on your guild to carry you.

The only thing that annoys me is that I'm 7 shards from getting Hoda 7* and this throws off my schedule. Not too big of a deal but it'd be nice to have him done so I can move to unlocking Wampa (around 110/145). Other than that, it's really not that big of an inconvenience.
  • TW is why I play this game currently.

Don't get me wrong, I'm optimistic about GA, cool idea, excited to see how it evolves. BUT, CG/EA, you're just not caring about your player base again.

Sure, we want the rewards, thanks, but we want to play TWs with our guilds, it's fun, we do it together. Most of the time you pit us against one another in Raids (silly to make us fight each other over tiered rewards), but you gave us one format where we get to really do something together. Those 4 to 6 days of the month are the ones I look forward to the most.

You can't cancel stuff every time you want to put something new into the game. Screwups or lack of developer resources don't mean--cancel the other stuff so we can make this new thing work.

Can I call in to get a refund for my whole account? Time to call into my itunes account I guess.

Horrible understanding of your playerbase and game yet again.
  • It’s not about the rewards. It’s about taking away the game mode that a lot of people play the game for every month. TW is everything in most competitive guilds.
  • So if we have no interest in GA we now have to join to get TW rewards....

• OK, now I am confused.

Those of us with broad rosters and fleets that do not like the format of GA are told to not play GA if we don't like it, stick with TW. I agree, and have not logged into GA since the first forced log in. Mode is just a hyped up PvP that punishes those who collect or have extra toons leveled for TW. (My opinion. Shared by many, but I am not stating this applies to anyone else.)

Then they cancel TW and roll the rewards into GA, something many of us are not interested in.

There are threads up and down the forums stating if you built your roster 'wrong' not to play GA. There is a thread where people not interested in GA are not setting defense because the are being matched up against people with 'correct' rosters because they do not want to waste their time against rosters they have no chance of beating.

So which is it? I would rather not play GA and keep helping my guild with TW, but now they cancel TW and tell me that if I want the rewards I have to play a mode I do not find interesting. And if forced into the mode I have no desire to play I will set no defense, as I do not want to play GA, and this means that the person I am matched against loses out on their reward.

I am not asking for free stuff, but why cancel a mode many of us have built for and force us into a mode no one asked for and there are almost many complaints about as the Sith Raid at launch? By doing this they are basically forcing people to join and do nothing, spoiling our opponents fun and ruining any metrics that may be derived from the match.
  • We also love TW in our guild, it's ok to pause during xmas, but please restart on Jan 2nd. GA is nice, but TW is the one thing that keeps us together and in this game cuz it makes such a lot of fun!
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • Yeah this is a bad move @CG_SBCrumb, I am in a higher bracket gp guild and am mad to hear my favorite part of the game will be cancelled and i will lose out on rewards
  • I am in a TW focused guild. We enjoy TW and its challenges and its uniqueness and planning for every opponent. You know what we don't enjoy...

The boring TB's. Cancel your waves of overpowered storm troopers who all of the sudden can actual hit the broad side of a barn. Or your constantly cleansing overtuned Rebel Pilots. You know what a Rebel Pilot is in the movie, cannon fodder. Most of them were digitallly added anyway.

Cancel your raids, that are on farm and are outdated and boring. The Pit? That is 5 minutes of pure auto.. the Tank, bah humbug... put in two teams on auto and call it day... Traya, that was fresh like 6 months ago..... Give those rewards for free when the tickets fill.

But for the love of all things good and right and mostly not bugged in this game, leave me my TW. The mode that is dynamic and fun and engages my guild. It forces you to think and to plan. To communicate and try. To engage other guilds in meme wars on Discord.

It's Christmas. Don't take away my joy. Don't be a TW grinch. Grow your heart 3x today. Leave TW. Dengar needs it. He needs three more wins for his quest. He is hurt like tiny Tim. Don't crush his soul. Bandges are meant for the head, not his heart.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Didn't they say that they were rescheduling the TW? I.E. It will still happen, just at a later date..
  • I'm mad about this as well, cancel my favorite part of the game and then tell me my rewards will not be as good in grand arena this is so stupid
  • Gama_Fox wrote: »
    Didn't they say that they were rescheduling the TW? I.E. It will still happen, just at a later date..

Read the announcements forum. All TWs for December cancelled .
  • So many issues with cancelling TWs and folding their rewards into GA.

1. TW is many people’s favorite aspect of the game. Canceling it for GA is dumb and shows that CG is out of touch with the player base.
    2. Many of us high GP players will inevitably get difficult mismatches in GA, that rarely happens in TW. So you’re telling me that if I get placed against a group of mega whales in GA I am screwed out of the zeta mats and guild rewards I would have gotten from TW? How is that fair? As a whale myself I don’t demand a lot from CG but c’mon you’re killing me Smalls.
    3. Cancelling TW to focus on GA is so obviously an excuse for some shoddy coding that is somehow preventing both game modes from working simultaneously that instead of delaying your new shiny toy till your ducks are all in a row you’ve decided to just cancel everyone’s favorite game mode.

What CG should do is review your guild’s last 3 TWs and if you have a 66% or better win % you get full TW rewards for 2 TWs. If you’re at 33% or worse you get the lesser rewards for 2 TWs.

Pretty simple.

Just do it.
  • I love that my post was merged with this one and then this one was buried somewhere because I can't even find this "merged" thread in general discussion.
  • They're trying to turn their Forums into a ghost town and force us all over to reddit. They always censor criticism, it's pretty absurd.

Time to call google and apple and get money back...
  • EliteR3b3L wrote: »
    9mlq7nlpy3xj.jpg

Check your WOW Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny just got the sword of 1000 truths.
  • As a guildmate of mine pointed out, with the lack of Territory Wars in december, they will beunable to get rewards like everyone else. Grand arena is locked to players level 85 or higher. While everyone higher than level 85 will get their TW rewards during Grand Arena, these players will be seriously hindered during december.
  • That totally sucks...
    What s the problem with having both tw and ga?
  • Really? Canceling TWs for a whole month...

It's not like there are guilds out there whose sole focus is TW. Oh wait....

Without TW a big part of the end game community would already be gone. It is the only part of the game that is constantly evolves and actually requires teamwork and strategizing.

Its already bad enough you took 2 TWs out of the schedule right before the 3P0 event costing people 4-6 zetas and 3-8 Omegas which if not needed for Ewoks will surely be needed for 3PO and his 5 Uniques!

For good chunk of the community TW is what drives us. This move really shows a lack of understanding of what the base actually ENJOYS vs what they just grind through for rewards.

• Can these events not run together?

Bad move. Not a fan of this decision at all.
  • Really? Canceling TWs for a whole month...

It's not like there are guilds out there whose sole focus is TW. Oh wait....

Without TW a big part of the end game community would already be gone. It is the only part of the game that is constantly evolves and actually requires teamwork and strategizing.

Its already bad enough you took 2 TWs out of the schedule right before the 3P0 event costing people 4-6 zetas and 3-8 Omegas which if not needed for Ewoks will surely be needed for 3PO and his 5 Uniques!

For good chunk of the community TW is what drives us. This move really shows a lack of understanding of what the base actually ENJOYS vs what they just grind through for rewards.

100% correct. TW is the thing CG/EA have done the MOST RIGHT in this game. and, uh, ho-hum, we'll just cancel it for an entire month even though our entire end game player base is mostly only playing for that right now...
  • The level 85 issue is a very good point.

Oh and look they moved this post back to the front page of general discussion. Good.
  • Are GA and TW connected somehow? I don’t see why we can’t play both this month.