only way to make GA fair for big roster GP is to increase squad number

Charvo
13 posts Member
edited December 2018
Make it 10 squads that you have to field. That means I can put my 7 star clone troopers out there at least. The current GA is too top heavy and reliant on the best 5 squads. Make it 10 squads, and you'll start to see Jedi Consular and Clone Wars Chewbacca in lineups.

Also, only allow teams under 80k gp in total to be on defense. This will prevent one freaking Revan squad from basically preventing a zone from being taken. This will mean you will have to broaden your roster out way more because you can only use your OP teams once on offense. On defense, one OP team can totally win it.

Replies

• Options
    10 squads means 50 toons on defense... also means 50 toons on offense if you clear them all with 1 team.... I don't agree with that... also 80k per team is so very low.... No all g12 team would be under 80k and there would literally be no point in GA for players with developed rosters...

Just spend the time and build up your characters... once you are over 4mil gp then you field 7 defense teams.... that is more than enough...
  • Options
    The original post feels more like a personal plea to improve an individuals chances. I am not a fan of GA and think there are much bigger issues. But this is not one I agree with.

The bigger issue is the inclusion of ships when ships are still so underdeveloped. There is currently an unbeatable meta team out there, so any whale can guarantee beating anyone who isn’t willing to buy the specific ships needed. So there is not only no reward for years of play, but actually people who have played longer are disadvantaged specifically against lower GP whales who joined late and credit carded literally only three ships to become invincible against anyone who hasn’t.

Ships were neglected by CG for a longtime, the solution was to make them more RNG dependent, and then throw in a lot of new ships pay to win. That’s fine, as they need to make money, but it basically sabotages GA for the next few months and not only in the 4 mil plus group. Literally guys three ships. My roster is pretty strong at 4.4 mil but I worked out that any whale of 3 mil could easily guarantee a win against me atleast until i get the magic set in several months time.

Has anyone worked out why I stopped making YouTube videos lol

• Options
    I think they should scrap the whole thing
  • Options
    10 squads means 50 toons on defense... also means 50 toons on offense if you clear them all with 1 team.... I don't agree with that... also 80k per team is so very low.... No all g12 team would be under 80k and there would literally be no point in GA for players with developed rosters...

Just spend the time and build up your characters... once you are over 4mil gp then you field 7 defense teams.... that is more than enough...

Having a bunch of defense squad slots doesn't mean that you have to fill them. It's up to you as the person setting up the defense. In TW, it's basically 30k per GP minimum per squad. You can't just stick level 1 toons in. The fact is top heavy rosters now have a distinct advantage vs rosters that are more balanced.
  • Options
    Just because ur GP holds less meaning than others hence the GA losses doesn’t mean it’s not fair. I’m not understanding how u have the same gp but lose and that’s not fair. Seems like u need a advantage maybe lower gp to feel as though it’s fair?
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    I think they should scrap the whole thing

Don't join then.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Introducing tiered rewards like we have in TW would imo be a better idea, players with lean rosters still get to feel smug and those with fluffy one don't lose out so much.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    players with lean rosters still get to feel smug and those with fluffy one don't lose out so much.

Lol let me guess which roster you have.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I have what I guess is a "top heavy" roster, but it's just because I'm always starved for resources and can't afford to level and gear characters I'm not using. It's not like I knew how Grand Arena was gonna work and specifically planned for it.

If you're one of the guys with dozens of characters sitting at G7-G8, just pick a few squads' worth of them and focus on gearing them up. You've already got a head start, so it shouldn't take too long, and in the meantime you still get some rewards even if you come in dead last.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    As I've mentioned in another post requiring more defenses won't help those with a bad roster.

A 50k team can't hold up to one or 2 g12 characters so all the person with better roster would have to do is set at least one high level team in each front territory to probably stop a clear and set trash the rest of them. Sure their trash is weaker than the broad rosters trash but they likely can't get past the 3 or 4 good teams.

Then the person with more good characters can clear the trash with pne or two man teams and wipe the floor with them.

And setting a max 80k limit would result in much of the same since if I have more 20k or 25k chatacters I can make higher quality 80k teams. Or just put a 3 or 4 man g12 on defense. Probably hard to beat that with a weaker team.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Introducing tiered rewards like we have in TW would imo be a better idea, players with lean rosters still get to feel smug and those with fluffy one don't lose out so much.

There is another thread about rewards being tiered. I posted there, but I'll reply with a summary here.
    Guild event rewards are tiered. Individual event rewards are static.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    The original post feels more like a personal plea to improve an individuals chances. I am not a fan of GA and think there are much bigger issues. But this is not one I agree with.

The bigger issue is the inclusion of ships when ships are still so underdeveloped. There is currently an unbeatable meta team out there, so any whale can guarantee beating anyone who isn’t willing to buy the specific ships needed. So there is not only no reward for years of play, but actually people who have played longer are disadvantaged specifically against lower GP whales who joined late and credit carded literally only three ships to become invincible against anyone who hasn’t.

Ships were neglected by CG for a longtime, the solution was to make them more RNG dependent, and then throw in a lot of new ships pay to win. That’s fine, as they need to make money, but it basically sabotages GA for the next few months and not only in the 4 mil plus group. Literally guys three ships. My roster is pretty strong at 4.4 mil but I worked out that any whale of 3 mil could easily guarantee a win against me atleast until i get the magic set in several months time.

Has anyone worked out why I stopped making YouTube videos lol

If you have to ask, the answer is no.