GA missed

Prev1
I was waiting for TW the other day and no official news.
I had big health's problem Yesterday and today i checked in game and saw that i Can partecipe in GA.
Of course no notification in game.
So i Just missed One day of official Forum and that's All...

I think you need to give more time if you make certain changes at the last moment.

Now I would like to know when I can participate again.

Replies

• Jack92 wrote: »
    I had big health's problem Yesterday and today i checked in game and saw that i Can partecipe in GA.

I think you need to give more time if you make certain changes at the last moment.

They said nearly a week ago that TW was going to be delayed, not ‘at the last moment’
  • Halo wrote: »
    Jack92 wrote: »

They said nearly a week ago that TW was going to be delayed, not ‘at the last moment’

And they said also a week ago that GA start 12/12 at their Place with only Little time to partecipate?
    Dont seems so....
    But If you Can find this news 'nearly a week ago' bè my Guess.
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Halo wrote: »

And they said also a week ago that GA start 12/12 at their Place with only Little time to partecipate?
    Dont seems so....

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189524/update-on-grand-arena-issues#latest

3rd paragraph from the end

There’s a full 24hr join period for a reason. If you missed it, tough. They’ve done 3 including two test runs so you should know how it works by now.
  • Rhunne wrote: »
    You had 24 hours to decided whether to participate or not... Hence the join period.

You waited in hopes of a tw? Did you miss the two distinct notifications in game about a GA happening and not one for a TW? Sorry bud, this one is soley on you. Best luck getting in next round.

24 hours where i dont receive a notification at All.
    And where i had health's problem that make me difficult Just stand on my feet ,but thanks anyway for reading with attention my post...
  • Halo wrote: »
    Halo wrote: »

Dont seems so....

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189524/update-on-grand-arena-issues#latest

3rd paragraph from the end

There’s a full 24hr join period for a reason. If you missed it, tough. They’ve done 3 including two test runs so you should know how it works by now.

What you posted was the last One already ended
    Not this one launched Yesterday.
  • I'm not genuinely interested in your posts anyway.
    The thread was to ask for official information.

So Just for mods or devs.

I Lost this one(if you can adjuste ingame's notification would be great, i always received others event notification, but not this one)
    Can i partecipate in the GA that starts,based on your updated calendar, in 12/20?
  • Im sorry you had health issues, hope you feel better now.
    That said, 24h join periode is plenty.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I'm not genuinely interested in your posts anyway.

And this isn't official enough for you? Doesn't Crumb count in your book? Ok. "Interesting" point of view.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189524/update-on-grand-arena-issues
  • Waqui wrote: »

And this isn't official enough for you? Doesn't Crumb count in your book? Ok. "Interesting" point of view.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189524/update-on-grand-arena-issues

It seems you dont understand my answer.
    You're posting an article written for the last GA already ended.
    Im talking about this and the next One incoming this months.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Waqui wrote: »

From your original post:

The official news is in the linked discussion:

The TW was moved.

• Waqui wrote: »

From your original post:

The TW was moved.

Your quote above was different perhaps...

TW wasnt moved, was deleted.
    Its pretty different.

However from post linked "This will result in needing to move next week’s Territory War, and we will update the calendar when we have more info."

They're talking about deleting and submit instantanly with another event?
    Doesnt seem so...

• Honestly though, what are you hoping to achieve here?
    Even if they announced it, you had health issues that day which resulted in you not being able to sign in. I don't see how better communication would have helped? Would you have been able to login if you knew you had to sign up that day?
    a 24h join period is reasonable, not sure what more you could ask for without it becomming an inconvenience for other players..
  • Boov wrote: »
    Im sorry you had health issues, hope you feel better now.

You're missing the OP's point. He is simply asking for an in-game notification (similar to the "Your guild just started a raid" notification we get). Since GA is a week long and the timing of this 2nd one was the best kept secret this month, he has a valid point and request.

I agree with the OP on this. If CG is going to change the calendar at least give some in-game communication. I know asking CG for good communication is a stretch, despite what they give lip service to.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    There's a pop up window on the right side of the screen just like events. Shrug.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    Honestly though, what are you hoping to achieve here?
    Even if they announced it, you had health issues that day which resulted in you not being able to sign in. I don't see how better communication would have helped? Would you have been able to login if you knew you had to sign up that day?
    a 24h join period is reasonable, not sure what more you could ask for without it becomming an inconvenience for other players..

I'm with Boov on this one, if you had health issues and couldn't sign in then there would have been no way to sign up during the preview period and if that's the case then that sucks; but the game schedule doesn't cater to every single individual who plays this game. Sometimes real life doesn't allow you to play a game and you'll catch the next one. It's not like it's a legendary or hero's journey that you may have to wait months until it comes back around.

If what you're saying is that you did sign in but just didn't get a notification that the event was in the preview phase then what does having a medical issue have to do with anything in this case? I didn't see a giant notification pop up and I managed to get into GA all three times (i think there was a giant pop-up before the very first one but hasn't been since then).

You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »
    Im sorry you had health issues, hope you feel better now.

You're missing the OP's point. He is simply asking for an in-game notification (similar to the "Your guild just started a raid" notification we get). Since GA is a week long and the timing of this 2nd one was the best kept secret this month, he has a valid point and request.

I agree with the OP on this. If CG is going to change the calendar at least give some in-game communication. I know asking CG for good communication is a stretch, despite what they give lip service to.

Missing the entire 24h join period because there wasn't a notification is a stretch imo, but sure, a notification wouldn't hurt.
  • I would have signed up and would not have participated until I was
    Less rewards its always better than none.

I'm sorry that I can not explain well with my English.

Of course i know that's impossibile taking part at this One.

Im Just asking for a better notification ingame.

And last thing.
    I want to know if i can partecipate in the one scheduled in 20/12 or December's GA are connected to the first 24 join period already gone.
    Hope the first One of course.
  • Judging by your swgoh.gg profile it seems like you haven't missed a single day of arena. It's kinda hard to miss the quick access button to grand arena on the right hand side in the main screen...
  • Why do we need a join period. Why isnt everyone just in it like arena? I know that i joined 100% yet i have no grand arena
  • Rhunne wrote: »
    You had 24 hours to decided whether to participate or not... Hence the join period.

You waited in hopes of a tw? Did you miss the two distinct notifications in game about a GA happening and not one for a TW? Sorry bud, this one is soley on you. Best luck getting in next round.
    This guy is never in game hence the forum post lol. Don’t even login daily to collect rewards just show up for events lol.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

From your original post:

The TW was moved.

Your quote above was different perhaps...

TW wasnt moved, was deleted.
    Its pretty different.

However from post linked "This will result in needing to move next week’s Territory War, and we will update the calendar when we have more info."

They're talking about deleting and submit instantanly with another event?
    Doesnt seem so...

The original plan and official announcement was to move it. That's what you see here. Later (yesterday — depending on your time zone) it was officially announced, that all TWs planned for december, were canceled, and that everybody would receive rewards anyway. How many more official announcements do you need?

Oh! That was a rethorical question. I'm off again.

Judging by your swgoh.gg profile it seems like you haven't missed a single day of arena. It's kinda hard to miss the quick access button to grand arena on the right hand side in the main screen...

I was lucky, already in High position.
    Otherwise i have to skip a day.

Problem is that i havent Quick access Button on the right, neither notification ingame.
    So without seeing announcement in forum It was difficult find out about GA.
    That was i talking about.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Judging by your swgoh.gg profile it seems like you haven't missed a single day of arena. It's kinda hard to miss the quick access button to grand arena on the right hand side in the main screen...

Problem is that i havent Quick access Button on the right, neither notification ingame.

there was one during the join period/phase, it just disappeared because you didn't join.

there was one during the join period/phase, it just disappeared because you didn't join.

It wasnt on my phone.
    That's the main problem.
    And neither a notification (like TW defense phase beginning or raid)

• TVF
    36577 posts Member

It wasnt on my phone.
    That's the main problem.

I find this unlikely. If it really happened it's a bug and you need to report it.
  • Territory War gets a single line notification in the guild chat. No email, no Push Notification to your phone. I think those would be helpful, but GA was in-line with TW in terms of notifications. You can click on the giant GA table in the cantina, or the shortcut that popped up on the right-hand side.

A helpful guild would also send out notifications or update the banner to let people know about the GA too.

If you don't log in for a day, you're likely to miss events. It stinks that this is a 7 day event that you'll miss out on, but this is a game that requires you to log in daily (or several times per day) for maximum rewards.

Hope you're feeling better!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Territory War gets a single line notification in the guild chat. No email, no Push Notification to your phone. I think those would be helpful, but GA was in-line with TW in terms of notifications.

Not actually true, I get notifications for "A new Territory War has started."
  • Jack92
    179 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    TVF wrote: »

It wasnt on my phone.
    That's the main problem.

I find this unlikely. If it really happened it's a bug and you need to report it.

I reported another problem 9 months ago and still no solution.
    I stopped asking for that.

No notification in right screen happens already in past, i Need to restart app and then they appear in game.
    But this time i dont restart apps cause i dont know about GA(not reading official Forum)

Now that GA are in calendar Its not a problem.
    However i think notification can help(i always receive for other stuff, so i dont think im the only one but i can be wrong).

For the next one in calendar(12/20) i hope i can enter the event and there isnt a lock for all monthly's GA based on yesterday's join period(i dont think so as i already said but nothing sure for now)