Another CLS Journey requirements question

I just got my thrawn 7* with my Phoenix team. They were g8 lvl 85 with sabine & not chopper & a few omegas here and there. It took me like a 100 tries & everyone said I should have them geared more but I did it ! Now I know that for the thrawn event, survivability & then speed were the most important things plus the team's specials so chopper would be much more useful (although stacking armor shred on thrawn was priceless)

How does all that connect to the topic? Well in light of this new experience I want to ask you people again about my idea for the CLS event & get a few tips maybe like the ones above about thrawn that I learned while playing his event & not before (fyi this is referring to only unlocking CLS dont tell me to gear x character for y other use)

So, my idea is, since I already have a g12 double zeta r2d2, I only gear farmboy luke to g9 since he is in 5/6 tiers. The rest would be g7& I plan to put omegas on both luke's & leia's specials but that's it. Also, level is not a problem, if I need to I can get everyone to 85

Do you think that would be doable? With the proper mods of course. Do you also think a g7 old ben can survive vader enough for the sacrifice? I already thank you for any replies

Replies

• I'd be more concerned about Han surviving when it's just him and Luke. I did it with him gear VIII but it took a couple of tries.
  • Yes with that r2 the final level shouldnt be a problem, just remember to select him as the target for smoke screen. The earlier levels might be tough in spots but I think I finished them with mostly gear 7s and 8s and only one or two omegas and they were only on Leia and R2.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Don't go beyond Gear 8 on Farmboy. If anything put it on either Leia (G9) or Han (G9 for more protection). They're both useful after CLS is attained.

In the event:
    Leia = cannon
    Han = sponge
    Farmboy = hipster doofus
  • I went G9 on everyone. Farmboy is the only toon I have not used before or since the event so id say that's the sink to avoid. Think I cleared the final stage on my second try, if that's any help.
  • Not really good. As I indicated, the hardest tiers involve both Luke and Han. There's a tier where its just Luke and Han on their own, and then the end where its 4/5 of the members.

Luke is the least useful afterwards so avoid going past G8. They all need a fusion furnace to go to G9 so I'd use it on Leia or Han if needed. It'll serve the most use on Han in the event by granting him way more protection to keep soaking up damage on the final tier.

Or throw it on Leia, but she'll be stealthed pretty much the whole battle.