GA matchmaking

Not sure if it had been addressed previously, but I had a question about matchmaking.

I know that the dev's indicated that there is some coding involved to try and avoid repeated matchups with players that you have battled before. My question is this; is there anything in place that tries to avoid placing guildmates against each other? I just do not recall anything about this.

Thanks for any responses.

Replies

• Options
    I don’t think they’ve said anything about facing guildmates in GA.
  • Options
    Meaning it is possible....or that it is not possible? Heh.
  • Options
    It's definitely possible....in the exhibition matches, there was a post on Reddit showing a guildmate match-up.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The groups if 8 are random, and they have not indicated the possibility of being match again next event with another player, but have alluded to the fact that there is more to the matching than GP (I am hoping they will state this at some point), which could indicate that repeat matches is extremely unlikely.

In each event they have stated you will not be matched against (or that it is extremely unlikely and they will try not to match against) the same player twice.
  • Options
    It's definitely possible....in the exhibition matches, there was a post on Reddit showing a guildmate match-up.

I did not see that, but if it is possible then so be it. I was just curious.
  • Options
    Just checking in to see if there was any new information or if it still falls in the realm of possibility to be matched with guild members in an 8 person bracket during GAC.