Grand Arena rewards are they the same for every player

Are the rewards the same for every player . And if so why . I would think a 4mil gp player would get better rewards because they have to place more defensive teams and have more offense teams. Than a 2 mil. Player . Because in territory wars a higher GP Guild receives better rewards than a lower GP Guild

Replies

• Lio
    1003 posts Member
    I actually see what you mean and thinks it's a valid point.

Ever since Grand Arena started, I've been hesitant to increase my GP needlessly in order to avoid getting matched with players with stronger rosters. I know I'm not the only. If they had better rewards at different GP tiers, it would be a way to combat this approach and motivate players to increase their GP instead of trying to remain where they are.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Other than the opportunity for an extra 100k credits for fighting another team, the rewards appear to be the same.

Why? No idea.
  • Stalbot
    131 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm actually motivated to drop GP to drop in level to set one less to defense and not gear characters or buy gear with this game mode
  • Thinking about rewards, it seems that generally guild events are structured so the higher the gp, the higher the rewards. Or, in the case of raids, the higher the finishing position, the better chances for higher rewards.

In single player events, the rewards are equal, regardless of player GP. Arena will payout an equal reward on the 1st day it's open, same as a day 1 shard. Galactic Wars is the same, The 12 stage clear is the same for a 5 million GP player, as it is the first time you clear. Grand Arena kind of fits into this category. A brand new level 85 player, should be eligible for the same rewards for being #1 in their bracket, as #1 in a top GP bracket.

Individual event prizes shouldn't be tiered to GP, as the sole deciding factor on rewards.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Stalbot wrote: »
    I'm actually motivated to drop GP to drop in level to set one less to defense and not gear characters or buy gear with this game mode

How does one drop their GP?
  • I see your point with that Tony . But in all the game modes that you've mentioned every player has to meet the same requirements. A higher gp player has to but in more time with the way Grand Arena is set up right now for the same rewards
  • Lio wrote: »

By dropping mods off characters that you're not going to be using
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »

By dropping mods off characters that you're not going to be using

Oh, I hadn't considered that. That's a good idea. Thanks, mate!
  • If everyone is getting the same rewards than everyone should have to set the same number of defense
  • Stalbot wrote: »
    If everyone is getting the same rewards than everyone should have to set the same number of defense

I'd be ok with that as well. It would really require strategy for the players who were in the mid GP. 9 defense slots, maybe just 1 fleet, and the rest for offense. Strategy would be more important than just a squad or 2 making the difference.

I wish this were also true in TW.
  • I think an adjunct question to this is, is when they "add TW rewards" will the other rewards also scale? Or is everyone going to have the same rewards? Or will only the usual TW rewards scale and the GA rewards the same across all GP?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    If everyone is getting the same rewards than everyone should have to set the same number of defense

I see where you're coming from, but I feel like that would be a train-wreck.

Players with higher GPs would be able to have fun and strategize and duke it out.

Player with mid/low GPs would field like 1-2 good teams and the rest would be weak teams. It'd be less strategy and more hoping that the other player has weaker teams than you.

I could be wrong, but that's my initial thought as to how that would play out.
  • Lio wrote: »

Players with higher GPs would be able to have fun and strategize and duke it out.

Player with mid/low GPs would field like 1-2 good teams and the rest would be weak teams. It'd be less strategy and more hoping that the other player has weaker teams than you.

The point is not really everyone should set the same number. But the rewards should be different across different tiers

The point is not really everyone should set the same number. But the rewards should be different across different tiers

The more I think about them "including TW rewards with GA" the more this concerns me. I am starting to wonder if the GA rewards in December are going to be the same across all GP tiers or if they will scale at all. Given the history of CG "apology rewards" and "fixes" I fear they will go with a "one size fits all" approach and everyone will see "average" TW rewards in GA this month. Which means far weaker rewards for active/veteran players.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member

Sure, that was the original point (which I agree with). My previous comment was in regards to your second suggestion, letting everybody set the same amount of teams.

The mode is supposed to test the depth of roster which is why the number of defensive teams scales based upon GP. Wouldn't make any sense to have the same number of teams. Smaller GP players wouldn't have enough decent teams or the higher GP players would only be battling with a few of their many teams.
  • JediRobb wrote: »
    I would be fine with scaled rewards. And I'm only a 1.8M GP player. It gives people something to work toward as they build their squads and prevents or discourages sandbagging to get an easier opponent.

Sure, that totally worked out that way in tw.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Why?

Each player has to win 3 battles at the same proportional difficulty. It's not like the a 2.2M GP player has an easier time facing a 2.2M GP player than a 3.9 would facing a 3.9.
  • I think. This is getting a little off topic . The point is why should a higher gp have to put in more effort. To receive the same rewards as someone who is lower gp. Dont get me wrong I like Grand Arena. But I do feel a little put off about the rewards being the same across every gp. Look at this way . At your job would you think it is fair if you did 3 times as much work as someone . And at the end of the week everyone got paid the same . If you do please explain to me why it is fair
  • It's approximately the same amount of effort. You might have to do 1-2 more battles at higher GP, but the overall *difficulty* should be comparable.

A 4M player is expected to have more high-value squads. That's why their zones are larger - because if they put 5 squads on defense and 5 on offense, pretty much every 4M player would clear every zone every time. You need those extra squads to raise the challenge level for the 4M players to approximately the same as the 2M players.
    I think. This is getting a little off topic . The point is why should a higher gp have to put in more effort. To receive the same rewards as someone who is lower gp. Dont get me wrong I like Grand Arena. But I do feel a little put off about the rewards being the same across every gp. Look at this way . At your job would you think it is fair if you did 3 times as much work as someone . And at the end of the week everyone got paid the same . If you do please explain to me why it is fair

At the risk of repeating myself, I'll have a go at this.

This is an individual event, and you receive no outside assistance to complete the task. You complete the mission, and you receive the reward. You are competing against 7, now known, players. Your rewards will be based on how you compete against them.

I'm not competing against the 5 million GP players at the top of the game. I'm at 2.5 million. If I'm lucky enough to finish with the best record, I think my effort is the same as someone who finishes the event with the best record, albeit starting in a higher GP bracket.

The same argument could be for players that set no defense for reasons.....they put absolutely no effort other than the clicking the join button. Why should they get the same rewards as someone who battled ferociously in all 3 rounds until the end, perhaps finishing 1 point behind in 3 very close matches, but they finished 8th.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Why?

Each player has to win 3 battles at the same proportional difficulty. It's not like the a 2.2M GP player has an easier time facing a 2.2M GP player than a 3.9 would facing a 3.9.

That is only true if the matchmaking system finds a way to group TW narrowly focused players away from the broad collectors. Otherwise, the higher your GP goes the bigger the difference in these two rosters becomes and the harder it is to switch and change direction to fall in line with CG's new don't collect them all motto.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kithryn wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Why?

That is only true if the matchmaking system finds a way to group TW narrowly focused players away from the broad collectors. Otherwise, the higher your GP goes the bigger the difference in these two rosters becomes and the harder it is to switch and change direction to fall in line with CG's new don't collect them all motto.

Matchmaking has been pretty tight as far as the spread is concerned.

I'm not sure how the # numerical value of the GP would cause a larger gap to make it harder at the top end. Unless you are suggesting they use a single % as the max difference between matches. It wouldn't seem so from the matches we are seeing.

Collecting them all is fine, TW is a great example where people can use useful high geared odd ball teams to throw a wrench in the works. The bad GP is related to non useful toons being geared up for other less competitive minded game modes. I.e. TB (which still benefits from focused development on teams and toons that are still useful for special or restricted missions, and beyond in TW and now GA.)