HK-47 Changes Incoming?

Was setting up squads for Grand Arena when I saw that HK-47 looked a little different (I use him in an unrefined squad with Boba lead, T3, Mission, and Zaalbar since Carth isn’t farmable yet).

His tags aren’t different, his skills haven’t changed, but his pose has been updated. Instead of a ‘hunched-over’ shooting position, he’s standing up straight and looking around.

I’m not sure if his texture/model has changed though. He’s always looked like his KOTOR II appearance (scratched up), but he looks a little bit more refined, I suppose?

Any thoughts, folks? After looking around on the forums, I’ve neither seen this brought up in discussion nor mentioned in patch notes. We certainly should have something by February, since HK-47 was built/commissioned by Darth Revan, but maybe we’ll have some news on behalf of C-3PO’s upcoming release?

Replies

• Some people noticed in a kit reveal video posted recently that HK had a new posture. Was speculated as the time that a rework was on the way. HK is already pretty powerful so I'd be surprised if this is anything more than a art update. Similar to the clones.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Moldrak wrote: »
    HK is already pretty powerful

What.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

What.

He's not reven but he's about on par with most of the other characters in the arena store. His leadership is godly in a droid group.
  • Moldrak wrote: »
    Some people noticed in a kit reveal video posted recently that HK had a new posture. Was speculated as the time that a rework was on the way. HK is already pretty powerful so I'd be surprised if this is anything more than a art update. Similar to the clones.

Powerful? Not since the beginning of the game. His lead is pretty good but that's about it.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

What.

He's not reven but he's about on par with most of the other characters in the arena store.

What.
    godly

What.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

What.

He's not reven but he's about on par with most of the other characters in the arena store.

What.
    godly

What.

Mace? CUP? These are not great characters.

A droid group with this leadership can auto the mythic ewok slaughter. Not even troopers can do that easily.
  • Zerrith wrote: »

Any thoughts, folks? After looking around on the forums, I’ve neither seen this brought up in discussion nor mentioned in patch notes.

This actually has been talked about a lot in the last few weeks since the dev video for one of the newer KOTOR toons that had HK on the team with a new stance. Grievous got re-sized but no changes. Clones got helmets but no changes. HK may be different though because we'll probably need him along with the 4 newer KOTOR toons to unlock Darth Malak or maybe Darth Revan.
  • Zerrith wrote: »

Any thoughts, folks? After looking around on the forums, I’ve neither seen this brought up in discussion nor mentioned in patch notes.

This actually has been talked about a lot in the last few weeks since the dev video for one of the newer KOTOR toons that had HK on the team with a new stance. Grievous got re-sized but no changes. Clones got helmets but no changes. HK may be different though because we'll probably need him along with the 4 newer KOTOR toons to unlock Darth Malak or maybe Darth Revan.
    Some people noticed in a kit reveal video posted recently that HK had a new posture. Was speculated as the time that a rework was on the way. HK is already pretty powerful so I'd be surprised if this is anything more than a art update. Similar to the clones.

Ah, okay. Must’ve missed that bit. Thought I’d ask just in case, but thanks for the answers.

As to a rework, while HK is one of the better characters (in the arena shop at least), he needs to be tuned up a couple of notches to fulfill that “Jedi Assassin Droid” role. Maybe a concussion grenade that inflicts Stagger and removes buffs, then turn Meatbag Mayhem into a single-target execution with a substantial self-buff. . . or something like that.