Sandbagging, the new normal?

Replies

  • cannonfodder_iv
    962 posts Member
    edited December 2018

    @7AnimalMother I have no doubt you are an end game player. You didn't post a screen shot of a 3.1M GP player and whine about "underdeveloped toons". Nor do I see you complaining about "Sandbagging" players. Clearly anyone that was getting full CMs when TB was launched was rightly fluffing their GP. I would imagine at this point they have taken those "fluffed" toons forward to be part of viable teams, mitigating the impact in GA somewhat. Either way, it doesn't really matter.

    And yes, I understand that for a certain class of player (started playing at a certain time), there was a lull in available characters that enabled resource collection to overtake the ability to spend those resources. My contention is that the OP is not in this class of player at 3.1M GP, and if he IS, then he's got nobody to blame for having such a low GP than himself - I guess I would be inexplicably salty too.

    As far as "Functional GP" goes. Let's say you need to set six defenses plus a fleet. You need six counters plus a fleet - let's call it eight considering you might lose on offense. That's a total of 15 squads (assuming some overlap with pilots), at roughly 100k per squad, that's 1.5M in character GP - anything below that is pretty much meaningless - fluff or not fluff - it's not likely to get used. You either have the counters and the mods to take out your opponent or you don't.

    If you've been playing this game for 2+ years and haven't figured out you need "squads" and not "toons", then you've got a lot in common with Anakin on Mustafar (from Kenobi's perspective anyway)...


    @cannonfodder_iv, in the 2nd paragraph, you claim my GP is too low. In the 3rd paragraph, you claim my GP is too high. You do realize that those points are mutually exclusive?

    @C_Augustus1 End the mystery, post a profile and tell us how long you've been playing.

  • So if you're end game, have several super strong teams for TB, and have so many credits and mats sitting around with your entire roster updated to 85/g8......what kind of mystical opponent are you expecting to face that has 3.1m gp and no fluff? As you yourself pointed out, most players at your point in the game are in the same boat as you. Meaning most of your GA opponents are going to be just as fluffed as you.

    The OP literally posted a screenshot of a person with 3.1 million GP and dozens of level 1/G1 toons.
  • jkray622
    1631 posts Member
    edited December 2018

    The OP literally posted a screenshot of a person with 3.1 million GP and dozens of level 1/G1 toons.

    It's weird referring to yourself in the 3rd person.
    The screenshot had 3.3M GP, not 3.1.
    And dozens of lvl 1/g1 toons is not evidence of "no fluff" - just those toons had no wasted resources.

    Those types of accounts are generally younger accounts - oftentimes spenders - who caught up to longer term players. That's life.
  • @cannonfodder_iv , see my original post. If that isn't sufficient photographic evidence of my GP, I'm not sure how I can clear it up.
  • @cannonfodder_iv , see my original post. If that isn't sufficient photographic evidence of my GP, I'm not sure how I can clear it up.

    So if the screen in the OP is you, then you're sandbagging? I must be missing something.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    This is really simple. If CG added the ability to remove gear (either into inventory, or into trash), and remove levels, would people do it? The answer to Paper Zombie was obviously "yes". The answer here is obviously "yes". That's why they're the same.

    If you let us REMOVE investments from characters, we would do it in a heartbeat. That's dumb, and against one of the primary stated tenets of the game, which is to invest in your roster.
  • @cannonfodder_iv , see my original post. If that isn't sufficient photographic evidence of my GP, I'm not sure how I can clear it up.

    So if the screen in the OP is you, then you're sandbagging? I must be missing something.

    @Trystan_Spyder
    *facepalm*
    That is my opponent. We have the same GP. (That's the point)
  • Calx wrote: »
    This is really simple. If CG added the ability to remove gear (either into inventory, or into trash), and remove levels, would people do it? The answer to Paper Zombie was obviously "yes". The answer here is obviously "yes". That's why they're the same.

    If you let us REMOVE investments from characters, we would do it in a heartbeat. That's dumb, and against one of the primary stated tenets of the game, which is to invest in your roster.

    I'm endlessly amazed by the idea that people whittle this game down to one game mode.

    Arena (squad) is everything.

    GA is everything.

    TW is everything.

    The ideal that people would reduce their entire roster down to a handful of g12 zeta toons to try and get some perceived advantage in GA alone is baffling to me.

    I've got an idea - invest in that roster. Sure, some toons are worthless (at the current moment). But those likely aren't the g6 level 50 toons. Finish Phoenix. Finish Rogue One. Develop the roster. Take those half done toons and finish them. Move forwards, not back. Now there isn't any reason to worry about the "sandbaggers" since this leans out the roster while strengthening it, not while weakening it.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • *facepalm*
    That is my opponent. We have the same GP. (That's the point)

    He asked you for a pic of your GP. You referred him to the screen in your OP. Which you admit is of someone else. So how is that proof of your GP?

    I believe you - I have no reason not to. But to use a screen of someone else's GP to prove yours is, well, unlikely to be convincing?
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    I think the op post is misread often. He's not exactly faulting the player but the system and the title question is pretty legit.

    So are we all going to start sandbagging starting from here? I sure am as long as the current matchmaking system stays in place. That will in turn hurt my enjoyment of the game and encourage me to do less than I can easily can with my current resources.

    People are responding to the use of the word sandbagging because it suggests that the player is intentionally trying to get an unfair advantage when that’s obviously false (since the player made the decision not to level these characters long before the game mode existed). If he’s not faulting the player he should have worded his post differently.

    Ok. Will you be sandbagging going from here? Will it be the new normal?

    But why is smart development considered sandbagging?

    If I focus my future development the way I have since TW was introduced, is that sandbagging?

    I focus on useful teams and toons and look for unique combinations. I am happy when a toon or team has multiple uses and look really hard on choices where a toon/team is not going to be useful outside of a particular place.

    What's smart about your development that my development lacks? As you already know there's zero amount of resource reallocation in what I did.

    It's by definition sandbagging, you lower your competetive rating below your capability in order for some advantage or profit.

    But hey I'll be the happy sandbagger too as long as these are the cards we have to play it.

    I suggest you look up sandbagging and get back to us..... It doesn't mean what you think it does.....

    Then our suggestions are mutual. Back at you.

    piwgwumtspci.jpg

    Wouldn't "underperform" mean you throw a match or I guess not spend resources in this game?

    I dont think anyone is advocating not spending, just spending wisely and with intent.

    Actually all you have been saying is don't spend. Again lvling toons to 85 and gear lvl 7 cost nothing that would prevent you from lvling your top toons , so you are saying literally dont spend all your excess creds , mats, and gear. Idk how you can say your not saying that.

    so spending $10 and $20, but leaving my change in a jar is not spending?

    What i have said is spend wisely. Use the limited resources you have in the most effective way possible.

    You are still missing it. Or just choosing not to acknowledge it. The point has nothing to do with wise spending. Keeping a stack of 500 purple mats instead of spending them on lower toons does absolutely nothing to inhibit investment in strong teams.

    Your point is invalid to anyone that has been playing long enough to just naturally have more resources than toons to spend them on.

    I'm not missing anything, you said I have been saying "dont spend". I have and I dont think anyone has said that.

    The advice always given is to manage resources, invest wisely and to not feel "forced" to do anything.

    to invest my mat, i need to gear my toons, to gear my toons i need to level them. that is more of an investment than just the mats. credits are always as close to a premium currency as you can get. keeping those at a good level to be able to level up mods to check for slicing, buy new mods and possible buy stuff in the weekly shipment is all important.

    There are enough credits in the game to level every toon, star every toon, and still buy every decent speed secondary mod in the store. "Management" is invalid after you reach that point. There is nothing inherently wise about hoarding gear, mats, and creds unless your goal is to minimize GP.

    CG made it clear with paper zombie that not gearing toons should not be a goal.

    I have played for 3 years and i still do not have enough credits to mod and level every toon.

    Your point is invalid. Or rather, your whining is invalid.

    Sounds more like a failure on your part then if I could somehow max everything in less time then. Are you doubting whether I could have everything maxed? Lots of veteran players do, it's not uncommon.

    The only valid argument I've heard in this thread against spending excess materials on toons is that credits can be spent on mods. That wasn't always the case, but now yes mods are the reason I don't have a standing pile of credits.

    Pre-GA the tradeoff was a guaranteed GP boost from leveling a toon vs the 1/256 chance of getting a maxed speed mod from a good gold mod. It was still a tradeoff though and it's valid to say that rosters can be aided more by 100M credits invested in the mod lottery rather than leveling weak toons.

    The point is that the previous tradeoff has changed and there is no way to go back. Matchmaking shouldn't be on GP alone. They claim to have a more complex system in place for TW, but didn't make an attempt here.
  • *facepalm*
    That is my opponent. We have the same GP. (That's the point)

    He asked you for a pic of your GP. You referred him to the screen in your OP. Which you admit is of someone else. So how is that proof of your GP?

    I believe you - I have no reason not to. But to use a screen of someone else's GP to prove yours is, well, unlikely to be convincing?

    @Trystan_Spyder its basic transitive logic. My opponent has 3.3 million GP so he is in a 3.3 million GP group. If I'm in the same 3.3 million GP group, it means that my GP is also 3.3 million. A=B=C. A=C
  • Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited December 2018

    @Trystan_Spyder its basic transitive logic. My opponent has 3.3 million GP so he is in a 3.3 million GP group. If I'm in the same 3.3 million GP group, it means that my GP is also 3.3 million. A=B=C. A=C

    It's still not proof of anything. If you had included a screen of GA showing you vs him, then a screen of his GP, then sure you have a claim (though you could still save a screenshot and just show your GP). But JUST a screen of someone else's GP is not proof of anything but his GP.

    *edit* but this isn't a thread about your GP, so I won't keep dragging this one out.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Calx wrote: »
    This is really simple. If CG added the ability to remove gear (either into inventory, or into trash), and remove levels, would people do it? The answer to Paper Zombie was obviously "yes". The answer here is obviously "yes". That's why they're the same.

    If you let us REMOVE investments from characters, we would do it in a heartbeat. That's dumb, and against one of the primary stated tenets of the game, which is to invest in your roster.

    I'm endlessly amazed by the idea that people whittle this game down to one game mode.

    Arena (squad) is everything.

    GA is everything.

    TW is everything.

    The ideal that people would reduce their entire roster down to a handful of g12 zeta toons to try and get some perceived advantage in GA alone is baffling to me.

    I've got an idea - invest in that roster. Sure, some toons are worthless (at the current moment). But those likely aren't the g6 level 50 toons. Finish Phoenix. Finish Rogue One. Develop the roster. Take those half done toons and finish them. Move forwards, not back. Now there isn't any reason to worry about the "sandbaggers" since this leans out the roster while strengthening it, not while weakening it.

    A million times this.
  • Many of us who have been playing for 3 years have been at the end game for a long time. I was clearing all combat waves more or less from day one of TB. Fluffing was not done at the expense of any combat squads, or arena or anything else. Fluffing was done specifically for deployment and platoons, and that fluff is not Insignificant. I have 500kgp in fluffed trash toons that are level 85/g8.. If my whole guild had fluffed (which many did) ...

    So if you're end game, have several super strong teams for TB, and have so many credits and mats sitting around with your entire roster updated to 85/g8......what kind of mystical opponent are you expecting to face that has 3.1m gp and no fluff? As you yourself pointed out, most players at your point in the game are in the same boat as you. Meaning most of your GA opponents are going to be just as fluffed as you.

    Earlier in the topic I illustrated the amount of fluff I have is 1.28M which means without it I'd be matched and would be able roflstomp far easier opponents. This fluff calculation only considers the tb kind of upgrading/starring/leveling/gearing/ability upping all btw.

    Your assumption on whom I would get matched given the case is wrong. All my opponents were less fluffed than me in this GA as I'm at the highest possible end of it. I would get matched against anyone that started after me, didn't generate fluff but spent up to catch the GP difference.

    Anyway, the solution as I see it is not to apply a cutoff, but just change how GP is calculated reducing the amount of fluff one can even generate without taking the toons to what everyone considers usable state.
  • The match up process should better represent the depth and breadth of someone's toons. Squad Arena is much easier for those with more high gear, high level toons then those with the same GP spread out over more toons. In the sample size of 3..not many I admit..ive been matched up against opponents with 3 times the gear 12 toons and twice the Zetas so my squads are not competitive in comparison.
  • yohann269
    375 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Now all those people complaining about the fluff will be rewarded by needing more leaders for more squads.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Sandbagging mastery

    2wyw758z9zvy.png

    Wut I do now and will keep doing going from here.

    lmeqj3cnv0ry.png

  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    Anyway, the solution as I see it is not to apply a cutoff, but just change how GP is calculated reducing the amount of fluff one can even generate without taking the toons to what everyone considers usable state.

    But there is no one point that "everyone" considers usable. It depends on where you are in the game and what you're trying to use the characters for. If you have 100 g12 characters, then sure, anything below g12 is probably irrelevant for you in GA and everywhere else. But at lower GP brackets, people are using g7 and g8 characters in GA.
  • Liath wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Anyway, the solution as I see it is not to apply a cutoff, but just change how GP is calculated reducing the amount of fluff one can even generate without taking the toons to what everyone considers usable state.

    But there is no one point that "everyone" considers usable. It depends on where you are in the game and what you're trying to use the characters for. If you have 100 g12 characters, then sure, anything below g12 is probably irrelevant for you in GA and everywhere else. But at lower GP brackets, people are using g7 and g8 characters in GA.

    It's ok, the solution needs to be impartial to players. If you are early in the game where g7-8 is useful for you, it's the same for your opponents as well.

    What I'm underlining is the lopsidedness in the current weighting of GP calculations. It assigns very little value to gear grades and assigns a crazy value to stars for one. There's more.

    See the current calculations pls.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/6k4vzn/the_new_power_calc_formula_for_characters/
  • Many of us who have been playing for 3 years have been at the end game for a long time. I was clearing all combat waves more or less from day one of TB. Fluffing was not done at the expense of any combat squads, or arena or anything else. Fluffing was done specifically for deployment and platoons, and that fluff is not Insignificant. I have 500kgp in fluffed trash toons that are level 85/g8.. If my whole guild had fluffed (which many did) ...

    So if you're end game, have several super strong teams for TB, and have so many credits and mats sitting around with your entire roster updated to 85/g8......what kind of mystical opponent are you expecting to face that has 3.1m gp and no fluff? As you yourself pointed out, most players at your point in the game are in the same boat as you. Meaning most of your GA opponents are going to be just as fluffed as you.

    Well I wouldn't be facing someone with 3.1m gp since I'm currently at 4.4. The problem is I get to face new krakens who have 0 fluff and 30-40 more g12 than me.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    I think the op post is misread often. He's not exactly faulting the player but the system and the title question is pretty legit.

    So are we all going to start sandbagging starting from here? I sure am as long as the current matchmaking system stays in place. That will in turn hurt my enjoyment of the game and encourage me to do less than I can easily can with my current resources.

    People are responding to the use of the word sandbagging because it suggests that the player is intentionally trying to get an unfair advantage when that’s obviously false (since the player made the decision not to level these characters long before the game mode existed). If he’s not faulting the player he should have worded his post differently.

    Ok. Will you be sandbagging going from here? Will it be the new normal?

    But why is smart development considered sandbagging?

    If I focus my future development the way I have since TW was introduced, is that sandbagging?

    I focus on useful teams and toons and look for unique combinations. I am happy when a toon or team has multiple uses and look really hard on choices where a toon/team is not going to be useful outside of a particular place.

    What's smart about your development that my development lacks? As you already know there's zero amount of resource reallocation in what I did.

    It's by definition sandbagging, you lower your competetive rating below your capability in order for some advantage or profit.

    But hey I'll be the happy sandbagger too as long as these are the cards we have to play it.

    I suggest you look up sandbagging and get back to us..... It doesn't mean what you think it does.....

    Then our suggestions are mutual. Back at you.

    piwgwumtspci.jpg

    Wouldn't "underperform" mean you throw a match or I guess not spend resources in this game?

    I dont think anyone is advocating not spending, just spending wisely and with intent.

    Actually all you have been saying is don't spend. Again lvling toons to 85 and gear lvl 7 cost nothing that would prevent you from lvling your top toons , so you are saying literally dont spend all your excess creds , mats, and gear. Idk how you can say your not saying that.

    so spending $10 and $20, but leaving my change in a jar is not spending?

    What i have said is spend wisely. Use the limited resources you have in the most effective way possible.

    You are still missing it. Or just choosing not to acknowledge it. The point has nothing to do with wise spending. Keeping a stack of 500 purple mats instead of spending them on lower toons does absolutely nothing to inhibit investment in strong teams.

    Your point is invalid to anyone that has been playing long enough to just naturally have more resources than toons to spend them on.

    I'm not missing anything, you said I have been saying "dont spend". I have and I dont think anyone has said that.

    The advice always given is to manage resources, invest wisely and to not feel "forced" to do anything.

    to invest my mat, i need to gear my toons, to gear my toons i need to level them. that is more of an investment than just the mats. credits are always as close to a premium currency as you can get. keeping those at a good level to be able to level up mods to check for slicing, buy new mods and possible buy stuff in the weekly shipment is all important.

    There are enough credits in the game to level every toon, star every toon, and still buy every decent speed secondary mod in the store. "Management" is invalid after you reach that point. There is nothing inherently wise about hoarding gear, mats, and creds unless your goal is to minimize GP.

    CG made it clear with paper zombie that not gearing toons should not be a goal.

    I have played for 3 years and i still do not have enough credits to mod and level every toon.

    Your point is invalid. Or rather, your whining is invalid.

    This. So much this. I've been playing since December 2015. I get perfect combats in both TB. I have over 50 g12. I currently have 40M credits, but a few dozen characters are still not 85, and I can't buy "every speed secondary" in the shop, because I need to keep credits at the ready for new stuff.

    You can't buy every speed secondary in the shop now (and nor should you), but prior to the mod store change that came with the sith raid, good mods with speed secondaries showing were very rare and easily purchased without causing any issues with your credit management.
  • @cannonfodder_iv I think you missed the point. Maybe the relevant time period is closer to 3 years but so what. Eventually you get to the point where you have all the purple mats, or credits that you will ever need. My Ugnaught is level 85 not because of bad resource management. He is level 85 because I had over 100million credits. I'm salty because now I'm matched up with a player with 71 level 1, G1 toons. While we both have the same overall GP, his active GP is a good 300k higher than mine. A 300k difference is roughly a 25% advantage.

    Question: how many +15 speed mods do u have? How many +100 offense mods do u have? What about 7% potency/tenacity mods? Are you able to switch to an entirely different god tier mod set to beat the new meta whenever it arises? Are you able to mod 15 synergistic teams with full decent mod sets that give at least +100 speed overall?

    If you have 100m credits sitting around and u have been leveling all your toons to lvl85, i'd think you answer to the above would be <10 and no.

    ~90. ~40. Who cares. Yes. Yes. Yes.

    All toons 85. You are sooo wrong.

  • 7AnimalMother
    2004 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Liath wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Anyway, the solution as I see it is not to apply a cutoff, but just change how GP is calculated reducing the amount of fluff one can even generate without taking the toons to what everyone considers usable state.

    But there is no one point that "everyone" considers usable. It depends on where you are in the game and what you're trying to use the characters for. If you have 100 g12 characters, then sure, anything below g12 is probably irrelevant for you in GA and everywhere else. But at lower GP brackets, people are using g7 and g8 characters in GA.

    This is true. I think the main problem isn't using GP for calculations, but rather how GP is calculated.

    1. Much more weight needs to be given to higher gear levels.
    2. Ship GP needs to be toned down and made in line with character GP.

    Those are the two biggies.
  • Hiya
    I am far from sandbagging, in fact i level the toons i like the most, youst for the fun (Hell, i even have a zetaed Dooku). I was placed against 3 very focused players, most of the even had only 10 Level 12 Toons. But boy, these where tough stuff. Still i ended in the first place. Was i the better player? Certanly not. Where my toons better? No way! Did i had the better strategy? Most unlikely?

    In the end all my matches ended in a full sweep on both sides with me winning, because the sandbaggers had to throw their trashtoons again my last so-so-decenttoons team.
    GA may not reward a broad rooster to the full extend, but still......

    Long story short: These guys also only cook with water, use your situation to your advantage.....
  • As far as "Functional GP" goes. Let's say you need to set six defenses plus a fleet. You need six counters plus a fleet - let's call it eight considering you might lose on offense. That's a total of 15 squads (assuming some overlap with pilots), at roughly 100k per squad, that's 1.5M in character GP - anything below that is pretty much meaningless - fluff or not fluff - it's not likely to get used. You either have the counters and the mods to take out your opponent or you don't.

    If you've been playing this game for 2+ years and haven't figured out you need "squads" and not "toons", then you've got a lot in common with Anakin on Mustafar (from Kenobi's perspective anyway)...

    I wouldn't necessarily agree with that assumption. In my bracket you need 14 squads (not counting ships) between defense and offense. That's 70 toons off the bat. Stating everything outside of that is meaningless assumes that everyone is just doing the 7 battles and that's it. However, people are not winning every battle. They may likely have to throw additional bench in to do cleanup. That's really where someones fluff comes back to bite them. The guy with 100 G12 and no fluff who is playing the guy with 70 G12 and fluff has a distinct advantage. He has a bench of 30 he can throw in if he suffers a loss. The guy with 70 doesn't have that margin.
  • @cannonfodder_iv I think you missed the point. Maybe the relevant time period is closer to 3 years but so what. Eventually you get to the point where you have all the purple mats, or credits that you will ever need. My Ugnaught is level 85 not because of bad resource management. He is level 85 because I had over 100million credits. I'm salty because now I'm matched up with a player with 71 level 1, G1 toons. While we both have the same overall GP, his active GP is a good 300k higher than mine. A 300k difference is roughly a 25% advantage.

    Question: how many +15 speed mods do u have? How many +100 offense mods do u have? What about 7% potency/tenacity mods? Are you able to switch to an entirely different god tier mod set to beat the new meta whenever it arises? Are you able to mod 15 synergistic teams with full decent mod sets that give at least +100 speed overall?

    If you have 100m credits sitting around and u have been leveling all your toons to lvl85, i'd think you answer to the above would be <10 and no.

    You do realize that slicing mats and credits are different things right?

    U do realise that levelling mods to 15 require credits? U do realise that leveling mods before 2.0 required almost $500k per mod?

    Even at mods 2.0, u do realise that u need credits to slice? U also need 80k credits per mod to get it up to lvl12 before u decide whether it is worth it?

    Oh, guess u dont. U think it's free and only requires slicing mats.
  • U do realise that leveling mods before 2.0 required almost $500k per mod?

    Not on free mod leveling day they didn't!


  • @7AnimalMother I have no doubt you are an end game player. You didn't post a screen shot of a 3.1M GP player and whine about "underdeveloped toons". Nor do I see you complaining about "Sandbagging" players. Clearly anyone that was getting full CMs when TB was launched was rightly fluffing their GP. I would imagine at this point they have taken those "fluffed" toons forward to be part of viable teams, mitigating the impact in GA somewhat. Either way, it doesn't really matter.

    And yes, I understand that for a certain class of player (started playing at a certain time), there was a lull in available characters that enabled resource collection to overtake the ability to spend those resources. My contention is that the OP is not in this class of player at 3.1M GP, and if he IS, then he's got nobody to blame for having such a low GP than himself - I guess I would be inexplicably salty too.

    As far as "Functional GP" goes. Let's say you need to set six defenses plus a fleet. You need six counters plus a fleet - let's call it eight considering you might lose on offense. That's a total of 15 squads (assuming some overlap with pilots), at roughly 100k per squad, that's 1.5M in character GP - anything below that is pretty much meaningless - fluff or not fluff - it's not likely to get used. You either have the counters and the mods to take out your opponent or you don't.

    If you've been playing this game for 2+ years and haven't figured out you need "squads" and not "toons", then you've got a lot in common with Anakin on Mustafar (from Kenobi's perspective anyway)...


    @cannonfodder_iv, in the 2nd paragraph, you claim my GP is too low. In the 3rd paragraph, you claim my GP is too high. You do realize that those points are mutually exclusive?

    Lol i find your weak argument laughable. Where did he say that your GP is too high in the third paragraph? All he meant is that anything other than the cumulative GP of all the squads and fleets u will need to use in one GA is supposedly irrelevant becauee u are unlikely to use them. If you are in the 4m bracket and have 14 fully functional squads and 2 fully functional fleets, u are not exactly disadvantaged against another player with 20 fully functional squads and 4 fully functional fleets, simply because he wouldnt use all of them.
  • this convo really escalated. So, I get people saying people who pay should have an advantage. I agree with this. The crux of the issue is that newer players that spend are doing so with the answers to the test, whereas longer players were doing more trial and error. The solution is to simply have a modified GP used to group players together in GA. This solution has nothing to do with premier toons or ranking "useful" toons. It just levels the playing field.

    Stars and mods are the two largest drivers of "fluff" that aren't a resource management consideration. You gain shards by playing, starring up a toon shouldn't be penalized in match making. Mods, for longer term players, are plentiful. You remove a mod from a premier toon when you have a better one to equip and move it to a lower use toon. Both these inflate GP artificially.

    So how do you create a format that rewards spending, rewards resource allocation (gear), and doesn't alienate longer tenured players? Measure GP by weighted gear and ability levels. This methodology will still favor younger spenders, super strict resource allocate-rs, etc, but will narrow the competitive gap between someone that has a high concentration of G12 toons and those with lower gear, greater breadth rosters.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    @cannonfodder_iv I think you missed the point. Maybe the relevant time period is closer to 3 years but so what. Eventually you get to the point where you have all the purple mats, or credits that you will ever need. My Ugnaught is level 85 not because of bad resource management. He is level 85 because I had over 100million credits. I'm salty because now I'm matched up with a player with 71 level 1, G1 toons. While we both have the same overall GP, his active GP is a good 300k higher than mine. A 300k difference is roughly a 25% advantage.

    Question: how many +15 speed mods do u have? How many +100 offense mods do u have? What about 7% potency/tenacity mods? Are you able to switch to an entirely different god tier mod set to beat the new meta whenever it arises? Are you able to mod 15 synergistic teams with full decent mod sets that give at least +100 speed overall?

    If you have 100m credits sitting around and u have been leveling all your toons to lvl85, i'd think you answer to the above would be <10 and no.

    +100 speed takes +14 on each mods besides arrow. Do you have 75 such mods?

    I now have 170M credits that I'm unable to spend no matter what I do which only goes up btw. This is after extreme fluffing (lvl,abilities,mods for all etc)
Sign In or Register to comment.