Not even attacking

I'm not even going to attack my opponent in Grand arena and I sent a DM to them and told them that. The matchup is so uneven it's not even worth my time to attempt and waste my time. Such an uneven matchup I'll just take 8th place and not worry with it.

Replies

• That’ll show em!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    There's nobody in the whole group of 8 that you think you have a chance of beating?
  • I'm not even going to attack my opponent in Grand arena and I sent a DM to them and told them that. The matchup is so uneven it's not even worth my time to attempt and waste my time. Such an uneven matchup I'll just take 8th place and not worry with it.

That's the go get 'em spirit, Tiger!

I guess you are my oponnent because he isn't attacking either. He reserved his gold ring Sith, JTR and BH teams. I hope he attacks.

Also you should attack anyway because it gives you practice against teams. It took me 5 tries but I got to practice against a good FO team. It also allows you to test your roster strength.

Or, you can just give up.
  • While you may think that you don’t stand a chance, refusing to attack guarantees your loss. I just don’t see the point. Not saying you have to be super competitive, but you don’t lose anything by trying. *shrug*
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Does anyone know wth op is talking about??
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Each team you take out is 100K credits. No harm trying to take out as much as you possibly can.
  • if TW is anything to go by this will be very common practice.
  • What GA? Mine says no active events.
  • No trophy for everyone.

Sorry.
  • What GA? Mine says no active events.

Then you missed the signup period. You’ll have to wait for the next grand arena.
  • I'm not even going to attack my opponent in Grand arena and I sent a DM to them and told them that. The matchup is so uneven it's not even worth my time to attempt and waste my time. Such an uneven matchup I'll just take 8th place and not worry with it.

you dont have to do anything if you dont want to. no one cares. its just another game mode for us to enjoy. you dont have to be good in every mode.

Good call, this will definitely get the devs attention and solve the problem. I expect we'll have new matchmaking within an hour or so of your match-up finishing. Thanks for taking one for the team. </sarcasm>

FYI, taking your ball and going home doesn't make you a better basketball player either.
  • Point being that a false GP has been created by activating a bunch of 2* and 3* toons that are useless for anything except getting a Marquee toon that is also too low to be useful. Again and again and again over and over and over.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    On my alt account I was over matched as well. My opponent had 12 more g12 toons than I did. However, for some reason he had forgotten to set defense in his rear territory. I won't complain :-)
  • Here was my matchup, I killed what I could. I got wrecked:

========== Matchup ==========
    Ryche Mykola vs Kell Highwind
    ========== Overview ==========
    GP :: 2.5M vs 2.5M
    Toon GP :: 1.5M vs 1.5M
    Ship GP :: 1.1M vs 1.0M
    Squad rank :: 589 vs 97
    Fleet rank :: 34 vs 17
    Zetas :: 14 vs 26
    G11 :: 16 vs 12
    G12 :: 11 vs 34
    6 dot Mods :: 1 vs 33
    Speed+10 :: 43 vs 60
    Speed+15 :: 4 vs 16
    Speed+20 :: 0 vs 0
    Off+100 :: 9 vs 10
  • Thats actually a pretty fair matchup @Ryche .

Just a matter of priorities on who and how you level. Its up to you to see if tgia experience will change how you plan your upgrades.

If it makes you feel any better there is a guy in my group that has 40 g12s to my 16. And another that has Traya and I don't. My mods are way better than both of them, but good mods won't make up for him having 3 full teams of G12 guys more than me. ;)
  • Waqui wrote: »
    On my alt account I was over matched as well. My opponent had 12 more g12 toons than I did. However, for some reason he had forgotten to set defense in his rear territory. I won't complain :-)

Probably didn't forget. Probably was hoping the front would hold.

I set trash teams in the back but hard teams to clear in front of them.