Grand arena problems with Auto Deploy [Merge]

noodle_noggin
16 posts Member
edited December 2018
Why are players allowed to join and collect rewards and not set defense? I don't care if auto defense is being implemented, that is just a band aid on a bad idea. If a player joins and doesn't set full defense they shouldn't get rewards.

And to make matters worse, there are quests that are dependent on me relying on someone else doing something in the game - setting those defenses. This has been one poorly thought out idea after the next.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Darthveer
    8 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Can the players who didn’t deploy be penalized??? I mean guys who did deploy are getting penalized by not being able to complete missions for mutual effort zeta mats. I allowing a player to block another players progression through inaction “working as intended”? To me it is tantamount to cheating and should be punished.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I believe they should be penalized...banned from GA, TW AND TB for a couple weeks should stop this nonsense
  • Inactive people does seem to be an issue, but it’s not cheating ;)
  • wow 200 threads already on this.... kokie should that be penalized ???
  • and the fact it's been changed already....... so the people crying foul can go back to mocking others on the forum for being entitled.... because ya know..... the guys who tell everyone they entitled...then beg for their entitlement package...lol..

Posting history is amazing on some of these guys
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    and the fact it's been changed already....... so the people crying foul can go back to mocking others on the forum for being entitled.... because ya know..... the guys who tell everyone they entitled...then beg for their entitlement package...lol..

You know what? Your a funny guy..I kinda like you
  • Let me just say one more thing. It's not that people only want to matched up with similar rosters. We want to be matched up with like minded people, people who want to set defenses and attack each other. Anyone just looking for free rewards by clicking join should be taken out of this game mode somehow, and same with people who don't set defense out of spite.
  • Auto deploying now
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Well maybe....crumb issued a update saying their removing auto deploy for now
  • Auto-deploy only happens if you ever set something in the first place. And ONLY between rounds. So if you've never placed anything in round 1, nothing will be auto-deployed in round 2 and 3. And nothing on the next GA event.

That said, people who don't set defenses should be punished 100%. Either don't let them attack if they didn't place a single toon, don't give them ANY rewards, ban them from the next GA event altogether, or give the opposing player more rewards for not being able to attack/do their missions for achievements. OR, just program the game in a way that it will place random toons for you if you decide not to set anything for defense. Not wanting to participate in a mode for whatever reason is ok, fair enough. But ROBBING the enemy player from the ability to attack at all should not be allowed. Do whatever you want as long as it doesn't harm others
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    3 matches, round 1 dont set defense. Auto deploy and message sent to your in box. Round 2 dont set a defense, auto loss, no ability to attack on offense (so they can't milk any benefit). round 3 dont set defense - removed from event at the start of the attack phase.

seem fair enough.

problem is it doesn't solve the issue. people will just set 1 team or something, and be able tow work around just about anything short of punishing people who dont set full teams. and thats not really fair either.
  • Its a game and people can choose to play how they want. I say shard chats are way worse in terms of fair play. Than someone not setting a defense for you to steamroll. Punishing people for not setting defenses would be the last straw for me. And lots of other collectors as well. After a few events we will have our quests done and wont ever click on the event again. Funny how the losers should just accept the great event, but you cant get extra rewards, so your crying foul. Too bad.
  • I wouldn't say punish people, but if you don't set defense you aren't playing the event. And if you're not playing the event you definitely don't deserve any rewards. And also, not setting any defense is not in the spirit of the game, which is one of CG's big things.
  • I wouldn't say punish people, but if you don't set defense you aren't playing the event. And if you're not playing the event you definitely don't deserve any rewards. And also, not setting any defense is not in the spirit of the game, which is one of CG's big things.

Yeah I don’t think any punishment is necessary but rewards should be out of the question. They’ve literally done nothing.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    I wouldn't say punish people, but if you don't set defense you aren't playing the event. And if you're not playing the event you definitely don't deserve any rewards. And also, not setting any defense is not in the spirit of the game, which is one of CG's big things.

How is it not in the spirit of the game to save what you have for offence instead of putting it down in a fight you know you are 100% guaranteed to lose because of the matchmaking outcome? Nothing in TW punishes or forces players to set defences, there are some people who just can't make it on time for TW defence setting so they use everything they have on attack, should those people be punished?

The thing is with TW is that you need at least one banner to get rewards. If they set no defences AND don't actually take a territory then yes they should get nothing, that I agree on. Because then they are getting rewards for signing up instead of participating. Bascially what people will end up doing is just setting lowest GP defences they can so that they can actually do attacks into people they know they will lose against.

And in the end, it doesn't matter, 2nd round will mean you get your fights and quest progression, and last round too. Why complain about a free guaranteed win in the first round? I just don't understand.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    I wouldn't say punish people, but if you don't set defense you aren't playing the event. And if you're not playing the event you definitely don't deserve any rewards. And also, not setting any defense is not in the spirit of the game, which is one of CG's big things.

How is it not in the spirit of the game to save what you have for offence instead of putting it down in a fight you know you are 100% guaranteed to lose because of the matchmaking outcome? Nothing in TW punishes or forces players to set defences, there are some people who just can't make it on time for TW defence setting so they use everything they have on attack, should those people be punished?

The thing is with TW is that you need at least one banner to get rewards. If they set no defences AND don't actually take a territory then yes they should get nothing, that I agree on. Because then they are getting rewards for signing up instead of participating. Bascially what people will end up doing is just setting lowest GP defences they can so that they can actually do attacks into people they know they will lose against.

And in the end, it doesn't matter, 2nd round will mean you get your fights and quest progression, and last round too. Why complain about a free guaranteed win in the first round? I just don't understand.

This is an individual event, not a guild event. Setting defense is necessary for the event to work as intended. There are no guildmates to make up for the missing spots.

Just set level 1 characters if you want.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »

This is an individual event, not a guild event. Setting defense is necessary for the event to work as intended. There are no guildmates to make up for the missing spots.

Or nothing , its a personal choice
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »

Or nothing , its a personal choice

I’m just shocked at the amount of people fighting for the right to roll over and die.
  • Some people want to send a message of passive resistance to this poorly conceived and wretchedly implemented disaster by refusing to set a defense. Others want to go all offense, and don't care about the score or the lame rewards. In either case, I think they should be allowed to do so. It would provide more meaningful feedback than the bugs caused by the last minute change to autodeploy.
  • Well they fix it, any territory with no defense set has been destroyed awarding max banner to the opponent )
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Kokie wrote: »
    and the fact it's been changed already....... so the people crying foul can go back to mocking others on the forum for being entitled.... because ya know..... the guys who tell everyone they entitled...then beg for their entitlement package...lol..

Whoa whao wait a minute cause maybe im a little messed up here... im funny how ? Like a clown to amuse you??? How am i funny
  • Kyno wrote: »
    problem is it doesn't solve the issue. people will just set 1 team or something, and be able tow work around just about anything short of punishing people who dont set full teams. and thats not really fair either.

There's an easy solution....one I suggested before the auto-fill update was announced. If someone sets 1 or more defensive teams, but leaves slots open, then auto-fill the empty defensive slots from the player's worst characters. There is no work-around there for them.

Even if you want to go all offense, setting garbage teams on defense will yield more banners because the number of banners from setting a defensive squad is more than the number of banners an opponent can earn from beating that squad. So there is no viable strategy involving an empty defensive slot. No harm to the player with the empty slots, they still have their better toons available for offense. More importantly, the other player now has a full set of squads to attack to progress GA quests, get their credits for winning battles, etc. There is no way to "game" that set-up and no way to just spite the other player either.
  • Really the only effective solution is to give out last place rewards for free and remove the incentive for people to join and do nothing. Low rewards is better than no rewards and that's why this is happening.

It sucks for the person that joins and ends up last, but since you get extra stuff just for attacking a single squad successfully it is still technically worth it to participate actively.
  • Thing is my opponent hasn’t even attacked.
  • I would say it's not in the spirit of the game because it's not the intended way to play this mode. And obviously CG agrees because they're trying to fix it by forcing auto deploy for defense. But I agree that the best way to fix it is to remove the incentive for people to join just for free rewards
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »

Whoa whao wait a minute cause maybe im a little messed up here... im funny how ? Like a clown to amuse you??? How am i funny

Your sarcastic sense of humor...I like it. Too many PC people anymore..I find it refreshing.