Mod Drops 4-3-2-1 Dot

Ninjah9
906 posts Member
edited December 2018
Why do 1-4 dot mods still exist? Could the developers maybe consider doing away with these. It's bad enough that mod drops have become dismal, but receiving a grey 3 dot mod after spending 16 energy is just ridiculous. I thought you guys wanted to encourage mod usage, this makes farming mods one of the most horrible farms in the game. And our only other option is the mod store where the price of mods is outrageous, who has 3.7 million ship/regular credits to blow on a mod that might end up sucking? I think mods are a great idea, and bring so much more diversity to the game, but you have made obataining them pure torture; to the point where most players dont even bother with them.

Replies

• completely agree, obtaining 5 dot mods(from the various events) is easy enough that mod levels 1-4 are utterly pointless
  • It exists for younger players.

My guess from a Developers' perspective, is that while you're young you use up your Credits on upgrading them. As your Toon gets stronger, you farm stronger Mods. Just like in other role playing video games, your Level 10 Warrior is fine with a Level 6 Sword. By the time you're Level 80, you should have gotten rid of it, and replaced it with a Level 70+ Sword with a fancier name.

Though it would make sense to not continually get 3-dot Mods in the final tier of the Challenge. Especially when a player has been Level 85 for months. Additionally, there should be some cut-off of when even the 4-dot Mod ceases to show up in the final tier. It's already difficult enough with the RNG determining when you get a good Mod.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Eh, I still have some 4-dot mods in circulation that rolled decent speed secondaries. And I think one 3-dot crit damage triangle with a speed secondary.

Not everyone has been farming mods for 2 years and has the luxury of throwing away anything that's not perfect.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Not everyone has been farming mods for 2 years and has the luxury of throwing away anything that's not perfect.

I've been playing for about 6 months, and I've gotta agree that getting 3* and 4* mods from energy was incredibly frustrating. Anytime I leveled up something that wasn't 5* it felt like a waste so instead I just waited for better 5* mods. Now I spend my energy splicing mods instead of getting random bad grey mods.
  • How about reverse engineering where you can break down mods for slicing components
  • Just sell it and move on. Sure it’s a little frustrating. But let’s be honest, mod farming doesn’t even crack the top ten in the most frustrating things about the game.
  • Fool wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

I've been playing for about 6 months, and I've gotta agree that getting 3* and 4* mods from energy was incredibly frustrating. Anytime I leveled up something that wasn't 5* it felt like a waste so instead I just waited for better 5* mods. Now I spend my energy splicing mods instead of getting random bad grey mods.

I mean, I sell 99.9% of them too. But if I happen to get a purple or gold 4-dot with speed on it, that's plenty usable for a character that isn't out on the front lines all the time. Plus, they're way cheaper to max out, which is nice.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• teir 1: 1, 2, and 3 dots
    teir 2: 2, 3, and 4 dots
    teir 3: 3, 4 and 5 dots
    New teirs
    teir 4: 5 dot mods only. factions required at 5*
    teir 5: 5 dot mods only, no gray, higher chances of higher rarities Factions required at 7*
    Just an idea coming from someone who didn’t gear jawas.
  • Credits for mod energy is a **** trade off. Bottom line 3-4 dot mods shouldn't be in the FINAL tier its ridiculous. I've seriously gone months without obtaining the mods I needed. And that's months farming them every day, including paying Crystal's. So "They're good for credits. End of story." Doesnt cut it.