Raid mechanism fail

I am puzzled by the mechanisms of raids.
As it turns out these mechanisms don't match with the way guilds function:

- Rancor heroic: It is impossible to have all eligible guild members have a go at Rancor without imposing damage limits.
- Damage limits are almost impossible to track because there is no damage output log. Consequence is that players often go over agreed limits which leads to strife within guilds.
- Escape button. Supposedly there's a 40% chance to escape battle when you use this. My experience is it's more like 0%.
- Too big of a gap between difficulty levels of the raids. If we take the Sith Triumvirate as example, 5* is too easy and we are forced to use a damage limit. Heroic is too difficult and takes a week to finish.

Basically these game features are developed in such a way that it forces players to bend over backwards to keep it fair to all guild members.

I would very much like to hear from the game developers:

- Why have you designed the game this way?
- Are you planning improvements regarding these issues?

I sincerely hope this will be addressed soon as it is a black mark on an otherwise awesome game!

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    It’s not impossible, everybody just has to start at the same time/before anybody posts.

Sith Raid... if 5* is too easy and heroic is too hard... maybe try 6*?
  • Rancor is just outdated. When that raid came out, I think max level was 70, mods didn't exist, and Qui-Gon was a top tier character.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• For Rancor, pick a start time, and then say that no one can post any damage until 15 minutes later, or something. That works great for our guild. Many people (10-15) who choose to are able to solo the rancor.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    -rancor - not impossible. Try a submission time, not a damage limit. Raid opens at X time, dont submit damage for 15 mins. Also have a join period so everyone gets something, then those that care enough to try for better position have 15 mins to get in and then make a run. This worked for us.

- there is no need to track damage limits, try using other means to achieve your previous goal.

- it is not 40% per raid run. Track your data over several raids and the data will fill out to a reasonable rate.

- they did update for this reason, it's meant to be a steep climb, but once you are over the hump it's a much better feeling.

They have stated they are always looking at game modes and raids and looking at the data they have to make improvements. Older raids do not get much attention and will likely not change.

They have update the raid rewards and we may see another round of improvements but your requests may not be addressed.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    There's many ways to organise your rancor raids. F.ex. you could make a rule that if you solo more than 1 phase, you don't register your damage until 10 minutes after start. If you solo more than 2 phases make it 15 minutes, and tgen 20 minutes for more than 3 phases. Everybody else attacks at will. Just one example/idea. (Yes, tracking your damage seems like Mission Impossible).

Heroic STR has a 48 hours time limit. Do you mean tier 6? All non-heroic tiers of STR recently had their boss health significantly reduced. It's actually far easier moving up through the tiers now, than earlier (with heroic as the only exception).

How many escape attempts did you track?
  • Our guild runs pit with a 24hr join than your have to wait 15 minutes to post damage or wait 25 minutes if you're soloing it.