Why you shouldn’t 6* mods.

Prev13
Made a post on Reddit but I will reiterate on the forums. This event and all future events are the exact reason why you shouldn’t 6* mods beyond your arena and fleet arena teams. All these mats for 6* mods from quests and GA will rot for me since I don’t want to be afraid of not having quality mods in the future for events such as this. Yes when I moved my traya triumvirate, nest, jtr mods to my Ewoks I got c3po 7* easily and could probably have put it on auto which is why I can’t upgrade their mods.

This game is about constantly upgrading your roster, why make it a hindrance to upgrade mods to 6*? Give me one example of how a 6* mod is broken at any point in the game for anyone below g12? Just make the requirements lvl 85 and 7* characters only and I will gladly spend my resources to 6* mods, until then quit rewarding us with 6* mod materials.

Replies

• Counterpoint: 6* mods are great.

Maybe just don’t 6* ALL your best mods. If you don’t want the 6* mod materials, I’ll take em.
  • .............wut?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I want to upgrade my best characters, I want my entire TW, GA, TB teams to be 6* but this event pinpoints exactly why I can’t do that. I gave my Ewoks leftover mods not long ago after all my important g12 squads and pilots had their mods done first. If they were 6* mods I would not have c3po at 7*. Don’t give us a reason not to progress our characters and be afraid to use resources.
  • Docx wrote: »
    I want to upgrade my best characters, I want my entire TW, GA, TB teams to be 6* but this event pinpoints exactly why I can’t do that. I gave my Ewoks leftover mods not long ago after all my important g12 squads and pilots had their mods done first. If they were 6* mods I would not have c3po at 7*. Don’t give us a reason not to progress our characters and be afraid to use resources.

Honestly it sounds like you just need to do more mod farming.
  • theres lots of things you shouldnt do that make no sense now that grand arena is a feature. like i got 330/330 c3p0 but not activating c3p0 because it will inflate my gp.

theres many dumb concepts that unfortunately because the bad design of grand arena even spending money now is something that can be detrimental. i hope ea/cg realizes the grand mistake they made and after december puts grand arena on the back burner.

then there we be alot less things that progress the account that you cant actually do. grand arena is detrimental to the longevity of the game.

• theres lots of things you shouldnt do that make no sense now that grand arena is a feature. like i got 330/330 c3p0 but not activating c3p0 because it will inflate my gp.

theres many dumb concepts that unfortunately because the bad design of grand arena even spending money now is something that can be detrimental. i hope ea/cg realizes the grand mistake they made and after december puts grand arena on the back burner.

then there we be alot less things that progress the account that you cant actually do. grand arena is detrimental to the longevity of the game.

Hahahahaha you’re not going to activate a legendary because of the GP?

Here’s a tip - some characters are worth the GP increase and 3P0 is one of them.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    theres lots of things you shouldnt do that make no sense now that grand arena is a feature. like i got 330/330 c3p0 but not activating c3p0 because it will inflate my gp.

This issue doesn’t have anything to do with Grand Arena. Restricting 6* mods to g12 means that there are multiple potential areas of the game in which one might want to use those mods and won’t be able to.

What is it about the word "arena" that makes people lose their minds?

Anyone who's played the game long enough knows gp alone isn't a measure of much at all. Why get so hung up on a number? If you want to leave half your roster at 330/330 but not activated in the hopes that it will match you with a guy who's got a roster full of level 30s, be my guest.

But please stop acting like the game is forcing you to make that choice. It isn't.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    theres lots of things you shouldnt do that make no sense now that grand arena is a feature. like i got 330/330 c3p0 but not activating c3p0 because it will inflate my gp.

i call ****

Bruh. A freshly activated 5-star will add, like, 1200 to your GP. Not even sort of enough to matter.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Main takeaway from the OP is, 6 dot mods shouldn’t require G12 (valid point), GA is crap with its matchmaking mechanics and Ewoks iz gud lol
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    There's no reason to leave C3PO at 330/330 because there's no way to get him to 600/330.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • If you can’t see the benefit of having c3po maxed, that’s on you, only you can make that call. With 6* mods I really want to upgrade them all, spend resources doing that but not at the cost of my inability to possibly not get future event characters. There isn’t a point not allowing lvl 85 7* characters the ability to use any mod.
  • Most events I don't move mods around for because it's a hassle. I also upgrade to six stars where it is needed.

The concern that not modding a character with the best mods will make a difference is just overblown. So far we have seen two types of events. Those that have a rush to 7 stars but require low gear and those that have plenty of time to farm but require g11 or g12.

For the first, if you get the stars, you can beat with mediocre mods. If not put a bit of exta gear on and you can.

For the second you're going to have to have part of your team g12 anyway. For chewie I had boba g12 and for 3PO I have elder g12. So no, I can't use all my 6 dot mods but I could use some if needed. For chewie I didn't for 3PO i put arena speed mods on elder and decent mods on the rest. I beat both events 7 star.

So it's not worth doing worse in tw, tb, raids, and ga to maybe use that mod for some event.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »

Hahahahaha you’re not going to activate a legendary because of the GP?

Here’s a tip - some characters are worth the GP increase and 3P0 is one of them.
    no kidding and agree with ya, this is like saying I got Revan or Traya at 330/330 but I'm not activating them because I don't want to inflate my GP.
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited December 2018

You do know that 3PO can fit in your rebel, resistance, or ewok squads to make a good ga or tw team. It's not inflating your gp to activate and gear toons that work well on ga teams.
    Post edited by DarkHelmet1138 on
  • StarWarsWantsTooMuch
    127 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Boov wrote: »

i call ****

u26g9mmqop2x.png

anything else you want to be wrong about?

c3p0 isnt no revan

grand arena ruins things where if im not going to use the char in grand arena the gp is detrimental. its plain and simple. will there be a day i activate c3p0 i am sure there will but i am just saying that grand arena ruins the game for a good chunk of players and the logic behind the system is illogical. sorry to the original poster. this was meant to be about mods and that was making a comparison to how you cant 6dot mods because it can ruin the fun of an event when you cant use half your good mods.

i cant even enjoy c3p0 because of the effects it would have on grand arena matchups. im just preying grand arena is only around for december and by then the numbers should tell ea/cg to do the same thing as tournaments. chalk it up as a limited time feature and move on. they should start focusing on how they can synergize the game where they dont ruin the fun because of new features that most the community doesnt want.
  • long-term this isn't going to be an issue. You'll have way more G12 toons, but to the point I think you're trying to make...

yes, as more legendary formats are geared towards G12,6* mods, it will become increasingly unlikely that you can RNG your way into victory if the required faction isn't at G12 already, since your best mods have been upgraded and now you only have 5* mid-tier speed secondary mods to equip. Will be interesting to see how the game evolves past this inflection point...
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Docx wrote: »
    I want to upgrade my best characters, I want my entire TW, GA, TB teams to be 6* but this event pinpoints exactly why I can’t do that. I gave my Ewoks leftover mods not long ago after all my important g12 squads and pilots had their mods done first. If they were 6* mods I would not have c3po at 7*. Don’t give us a reason not to progress our characters and be afraid to use resources.

Honestly it sounds like you just need to do more mod farming.

given the rarity of 15+ speed secondaries, it's not really about mod farming. You're taking a restricted number of top tier mods and restricting it even further because only G12 can use the one's you've upgraded. So you battle these kind of events with second-tier mods.

I think the "problem" is overblown, but they have a point about not getting carried away with 6* until G12 becomes the norm on your roster.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Boov wrote: »

i call ****

u26g9mmqop2x.png

anything else you want to be wrong about?

c3p0 isnt no revan

grand arena ruins things where if im not going to use the char in grand arena the gp is detrimental. its plain and simple. will there be a day i activate c3p0 i am sure there will but i am just saying that grand arena ruins the game for a good chunk of players and the logic behind the system is illogical.

i cant even enjoy c3p0 because of the effects it would have on grand arena matchups. im just preying grand arena is only around for december and by then the numbers should tell ea/cg to do the same thing as tournaments. chalk it up as a limited time feature and move on.

Well, if you think a toon like 3po isn't worth the extra GP you've got bigger problems than GA matchmaking.
    I'm also curious to how a gamemode you don't have to participate in can ruin the game. The rest of the game will be exactly the same. Well, others that do participate in GA progress slighty faster due to the rewards. Giving your opinion about 3po's GP being detrimental, you may also think the others progressing slightly faster ruins the entire game.
  • I don’t see any good reason in the OP to not upgrade to 6*. Am I missing something?
  • Maybe just don't 6* good mods that have protection primaries. They don't upgrade much anyway and you have them left over for events.
  • An activated C3PO is detrimental to GA matchups.
    Hah. activated at 5* is what, 1500 points? Even at 7* it's 4500 points? Even maxed is like 20,000.

At 4.1m GP, that's 0.03%/0.1%/0.5% of your total GP. A maxed 3PO (assuming about 20k GP) is one half of one percent of your total GP.

He makes absolutely ZERO difference in your GA matchups.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    I don’t see any good reason in the OP to not upgrade to 6*. Am I missing something?

The issue is that if you want to try to do events like C3PO at the minimum possible gear level, you want to compensate for the lack of gear by moving your best mods to the team, but the team won’t be able to use 6* mods because they aren’t g12.
  • Liath wrote: »
    I don’t see any good reason in the OP to not upgrade to 6*. Am I missing something?

The issue is that if you want to try to do events like C3PO at the minimum possible gear level, you want to compensate for the lack of gear by moving your best mods to the team, but the team won’t be able to use 6* mods because they aren’t g12.

I still don't see that as much of an issue. If the event is of the easy type, the gear os easy to get. If it's of the hard type, the team is usually good enough that putting h12 on one or more toons isn't wasted gear.

And for the hard type I don't like pulling my arena mods unless absolutely necessary. It's a pain to have to move them around and you fall too far if the event takes more than a few hours. Better to just farm more good mods and only use arena mods if absolutely needed. Even if it means gearing more than needed.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

I still don't see that as much of an issue. If the event is of the easy type, the gear os easy to get. If it's of the hard type, the team is usually good enough that putting h12 on one or more toons isn't wasted gear.

And for the hard type I don't like pulling my arena mods unless absolutely necessary. It's a pain to have to move them around and you fall too far if the event takes more than a few hours. Better to just farm more good mods and only use arena mods if absolutely needed. Even if it means gearing more than needed.

This is a matter of play style, in part, and what teams you like and want to work on at the time. Gearing Ewoks or BH isn’t wasted, I agree, but some people might not want to do it at the time they are completing the events if they don’t have to because they simply have other priorities.

The claim that if the event is of the easy type the gear is easy to get isn’t necessarily true either. Thrawn event is a lot easier than these two legendaries but Phoenix gear is miserable. They require a boat load of stun guns to get past g8, so running the event at g8 with good mods was far preferable to me at the time I did it than gearing them up more.

This is a matter of play style, in part, and what teams you like and want to work on at the time. Gearing Ewoks or BH isn’t wasted, I agree, but some people might not want to do it at the time they are completing the events if they don’t have to because they simply have other priorities.

The claim that if the event is of the easy type the gear is easy to get isn’t necessarily true either. Thrawn event is a lot easier than these two legendaries but Phoenix gear is miserable. They require a boat load of stun guns to get past g8, so running the event at g8 with good mods was far preferable to me at the time I did it than gearing them up more.

I was thinking more of the revan event. I don't have revan because of stars but gearing a toon fron g1 to g9 is really quick.

Part of it is also that the low level gear is easier to get now then it was two years ago. Part of it is being end game I'm sure but not all of it. I did Pheonix when we didn't have a guild events store.

I also only had limited mods at the time. Now I can get decent mods on a team without pulling them from other teams rather easily. I have probably 50 speed arrows and dozens if mods with +10 or more speed secondaies. My arena mods have +18 or +19 but if you put +10 or more on a team for events with speed arrows, then you'll do fine in most cases.

It does vary depending on what part of the game you're in. If you're a new player and only have a handful of mods, you'll probably need to move them. But by the time you have g12 characters to put 6 dit mods on, you should be able to get +10 or +15 speed mods quickly enough from events that you'll always have some that still need slicing. So by the time you have a handful of g12 characters, you have plenty of mods that slicing them isn't detrimental.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

I was thinking more of the revan event. I don't have revan because of stars but gearing a toon fron g1 to g9 is really quick.

Part of it is also that the low level gear is easier to get now then it was two years ago. Part of it is being end game I'm sure but not all of it. I did Pheonix when we didn't have a guild events store.

I also only had limited mods at the time. Now I can get decent mods on a team without pulling them from other teams rather easily. I have probably 50 speed arrows and dozens if mods with +10 or more speed secondaies. My arena mods have +18 or +19 but if you put +10 or more on a team for events with speed arrows, then you'll do fine in most cases.

It does vary depending on what part of the game you're in. If you're a new player and only have a handful of mods, you'll probably need to move them. But by the time you have g12 characters to put 6 dit mods on, you should be able to get +10 or +15 speed mods quickly enough from events that you'll always have some that still need slicing. So by the time you have a handful of g12 characters, you have plenty of mods that slicing them isn't detrimental.

Sure, it’s a matter of what you have, how close you are cutting it to the minimum possible, and all of that. Maybe at an even lower gear level you can do it with the +20 mods when you can’t do it with the +10. It’s always going to be marginal. I am not the OP and wouldn’t have phrased the topic as “why you shouldn’t” so much as “why you should think carefully.” Not everybody finds +15 mods easy to come by.

The other concern, aside from events, is the occasional marquee character that is really useful, even for arena, at lower stars. For somebody who isn’t going to pay for such a character but might still want to use it in arena, making sure to have some good mods available for such an occurrence could also be important.

Sure, it’s a matter of what you have, how close you are cutting it to the minimum possible, and all of that. Maybe at an even lower gear level you can do it with the +20 mods when you can’t do it with the +10. It’s always going to be marginal. I am not the OP and wouldn’t have phrased the topic as “why you shouldn’t” so much as “why you should think carefully.” Not everybody finds +15 mods easy to come by.

The other concern, aside from events, is the occasional marquee character that is really useful, even for arena, at lower stars. For somebody who isn’t going to pay for such a character but might still want to use it in arena, making sure to have some good mods available for such an occurrence could also be important.

That is a true statement. So keeping a set or two of non 6 dot mods may be of benefit. But the OP is suggesting not slicing any beyond arena mods.

I slice them as fast as I get materials and still have plenty of 5 dot high speed mods. Not +20 but more like +16-+18. And I also slice my lower tier mods so you can get a lot of the +10s to +14 or +15.
  • I think people are overestimating the difference a 6* mod makes anywhere that isn't arenas....the stat differences in a lot of cases is a handful of points. Enough to differentiate you from the opponent in arena, but unlikely to be make/break in a PvE event.