Why you shouldn’t 6* mods.

Replies

• Options
    I generally 6* my arrow (speed mod) to gain the extra 2 points of speed.
  • Options
    I think people are overestimating the difference a 6* mod makes anywhere that isn't arenas....the stat differences in a lot of cases is a handful of points. Enough to differentiate you from the opponent in arena, but unlikely to be make/break in a PvE event.

I'll agree you don't need 6 dot mods in most pve content. I can auto most of it with teams that have no 6 dot mods. But in raids, it can make a difference. Depends on the primary stat. +20% defense rather than +11% makes a difference if you ate trying to get to enrage without having that character killed.
  • Options
    I think people are overestimating the difference a 6* mod makes anywhere that isn't arenas....the stat differences in a lot of cases is a handful of points. Enough to differentiate you from the opponent in arena, but unlikely to be make/break in a PvE event.

I'll agree you don't need 6 dot mods in most pve content. I can auto most of it with teams that have no 6 dot mods. But in raids, it can make a difference. Depends on the primary stat. +20% defense rather than +11% makes a difference if you ate trying to get to enrage without having that character killed.

Sure - but in this case (HSTR, since no one is farming 6* mods for pit/haat), you're lilkely to G12 the toons anyways to maximize output. These aren't some toons that you'll use for one event and shelve.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    The whole point of 6 dots mods aside from making your toons awesome in arena and your fleet faster is the fact that they don’t want people to use certain 3* and 4* toons to make them go crazy without using resources to get there. Example is DS Bastilla, Nest, and even Bossk that can be at low star levels and be great.
  • Options
    Well not leveling to 6 dot mods is your choice isnt it? My arena will stay 5 dot because I like being free to trade around 120-140+ speed mods, however, 6 dot mods are extremely helpful for other aspects of the game like fleet giving thrawn all 6 dot mods gives his ship +3 speed over a thrawn without 6 dot mods so You will always outspeed them unless you attack a tie or reaper. It is also useful for characters with mods that wont be arena worthy or side characters like my bb8 having 280 speed but his mods are worse than my arena ones so might as well 6 dot it. Its a matter of perspective and if you dont want to go for it then by all means it doesnt hinder all of us however.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Boov wrote: »
    theres lots of things you shouldnt do that make no sense now that grand arena is a feature. like i got 330/330 c3p0 but not activating c3p0 because it will inflate my gp.

i call ****

u26g9mmqop2x.png

anything else you want to be wrong about?

c3p0 isnt no revan

grand arena ruins things where if im not going to use the char in grand arena the gp is detrimental. its plain and simple. will there be a day i activate c3p0 i am sure there will but i am just saying that grand arena ruins the game for a good chunk of players and the logic behind the system is illogical. sorry to the original poster. this was meant to be about mods and that was making a comparison to how you cant 6dot mods because it can ruin the fun of an event when you cant use half your good mods.

i cant even enjoy c3p0 because of the effects it would have on grand arena matchups. im just preying grand arena is only around for december and by then the numbers should tell ea/cg to do the same thing as tournaments. chalk it up as a limited time feature and move on. they should start focusing on how they can synergize the game where they dont ruin the fun because of new features that most the community doesnt want.

Um... no.
  • Options
    Im only doing my arena mods to 6*. I dont see a reason to do the others right now.
  • Options

Sure - but in this case (HSTR, since no one is farming 6* mods for pit/haat), you're lilkely to G12 the toons anyways to maximize output. These aren't some toons that you'll use for one event and shelve.

I'm not suggesting putting them on teams you never use. I do atena first, then hstr teams that are also tw and ga teams. Then ga or tw teams. You need 60 toons for ga and 70 if your at a high gp. So once you get all those to 6 dot, the use declines but that is 360-420 mods before you get there.
  • Options
    theres lots of things you shouldnt do that make no sense now that grand arena is a feature. like i got 330/330 c3p0 but not activating c3p0 because it will inflate my gp.

That doesn't make any sense. You're not "inflating" your GP if you're leveling/gearing characters you're actually going to use. You're increasing your GP but it's not really "inflation". The GP is irrelevant until the next GA starts up....the rosters were snapshotted at the start of this GA. By the next GA, I guarantee you there will be a ton of people who will have C3PO leveled and geared enough to use him in that next GA. If you choose not to use him, you're just gimping your roster.

• TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    I've decided I'm going to stop playing completely so I can sandbag GA.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I've decided I'm going to stop playing completely so I can sandbag GA.

Start a new account. Level nothing. Rule GA!

• Options
    I think he has a very good point about not activating characters , yes it maybe 1 character But by the time you have trained, levelled, modded,geared and zetaed him you are looking at a heck of a lot of gp. And being a normal player when I come against a opponent who sandbags it does make you think what’s the point , your just getting better to do worse.

That’s why there should have been a co-op alternative version (option) to grand arena so collectors and cooperative players like my self could progress without being penalised.
  • Options
    Imop, a better strategy is to keep one good set of 5* good mods for events and not.worry about upgrading the others....
  • Options
    Tezza23 wrote: »
    I think he has a very good point about not activating characters , yes it maybe 1 character But by the time you have trained, levelled, modded,geared and zetaed him you are looking at a heck of a lot of gp. And being a normal player when I come against a opponent who sandbags it does make you think what’s the point , your just getting better to do worse.

That’s why there should have been a co-op alternative version (option) to grand arena so collectors and cooperative players like my self could progress without being penalised.

I still can't understand this "sandbagging/penalized" thing.

most maxed toons come in around 20k. That's about 1% of a 2m GP roster. That's NOT a heck of a lot.

And we're not talking about 7* 85 G12 zeta toons. So I don't buy this huge advantage these lean rosters are supposed to have. Or how anyone with a roster of g8 toons is suddenly at a disadvantage.
  • Options
    The only place I've found 6* mods to be useful is in Fleet Arena.

By 6*ing my pilots, I can eke out 1 or 2 more points of speed than my opponent with the same g12 pilot can manage. I've done this with my Vader, and now my TIE Advanced always goes first instead of RNG to split the tie. That was the most important toon for me, because it meant that Biggs had Taunt up, which meant that only biggs got target locked, which meant that when the enemy's Slave1 appeared it couldn't use Proton Torpedoes to hit my TIE or TIE Adv behind Biggs' taunt. For a while when RNG went bad I'd get target locked by enemy Vader AND take some serious damage, then Biggs would taunt, then there would be some bashing while I took down the enemy tank (usually also Biggs), then their Slave 1 would show up and finish off my TIE Adv on its first action before I could dispel the buffs. It ****.

Fleet Arena has moved on since that meta, but when I dropped 6* mods on my Vader I started winning every time because of that tiny +1/+2 speed difference. Even today it matters, because some folks still run Vader in their front-line Fleet Arena squadron.

With Grand Arena I'll probably 6-dot KRU so my TIE Silencer will always go first, since I'm using TIE-S on defense. But I don't care too much about 6-dot mods other than getting the most speed possible on Fleet. Strategy, synergy, and zetas matter a heck of a lot more than whether your mod is 5dot or 6dot. Given the inherent lack of flexibility for 6dot mods - which was the point of the OP - I'm not trying to 6dot anything beyond what I need for certain very specific pilots.
  • Options
    Maybe just bad luck but my first mistake upgrade to 6 dot resulted in plus 1 speed and my best speed mod gone until g12. I have regretted it since and won’t be g12 for another few weeks.

I can c doing it if ur not changing mods with teams but not sure if that’s the route I will go in future to make such commitment.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

most maxed toons come in around 20k. That's about 1% of a 2m GP roster. That's NOT a heck of a lot.

And we're not talking about 7* 85 G12 zeta toons. So I don't buy this huge advantage these lean rosters are supposed to have. Or how anyone with a roster of g8 toons is suddenly at a disadvantage.

I'm at 1.9m GP and outside of the teams I've farmed for specific events I don't really have much. I went up against a guy with loads and loads of g8 toons with only a handful of g12s. I cleared his board and he didn't take out a single squad of mine. Keeping your GP down makes a HUGE difference in GA.
    Post edited by FailingCrab on
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    c3p0 isnt no revan

C-3PO is Revan?

• Options

What is their not to get? A G12 squad will most likely wipe the floor with a 100 squads of gear level 8 toons. And If I was to keep my GP low I’m far less likely to get a opponent who could defeat just 1 of my gear 12 squads. But if I was to unlock characters and play the game normally I’m more likely to face a dolphin/whale who can equal my gear 12’s or better them.

Last territory war my reven squad beat 30 teams of opponents who had a higher gp than me before he was taken out, so what chance would a opponent of my size or lower have against it? So it would be more beneficial to me not to increase my Gp cause I know the higher I go the more likely people have teams to take him out.

• Options
    Walling 6 dot mods behind g12 was a nice way to keep people from spending money on 6 dot mods. I very, very slowly and strategically slice a tiny number of mods to 6 since it negatively affects their utility so much. It was a rotten thing for the devs to do, but I'll deal with it. And days like today (unlocking my shiny new droid) make me happy I've avoided 6 dot mods.
  • Options
    2smooth wrote: »
    Maybe just bad luck but my first mistake upgrade to 6 dot resulted in plus 1 speed and my best speed mod gone until g12. I have regretted it since and won’t be g12 for another few weeks.

I can c doing it if ur not changing mods with teams but not sure if that’s the route I will go in future to make such commitment.

The increase in stats is by a set percentage. Speed will always go up by 1 except for primaries.
  • Options
    CG restricted 6 dot mods to Gear 12 characters for a reason... if they are Gear 12 it means you’ve invested a lot into hearing a character up, which is kind of the point. If you don’t want to fully gear up a character why should you be able to put a 6 dot mod on them?
  • Options
    I think you should just get all your characters to G12. Then you will no longer complain about 6 star MODs. You’ll probably complain about something else, but in the mean time work towards that.
  • Options
    CG restricted 6 dot mods to Gear 12 characters for a reason... if they are Gear 12 it means you’ve invested a lot into hearing a character up, which is kind of the point. If you don’t want to fully gear up a character why should you be able to put a 6 dot mod on them?

Why shouldn’t I ?

I invested a lot into my mods too (especially 6 dot, so expensive). Why shouldn’t i be able to use them where i want ?
  • Options
    You can’t use your 6 star MODs with anyone below G12 because they do not have the necessary gear components to use the 6 mod. They aren’t compadible with one another. The higher MODs would cause your lower grade toon to over heat and die immediately when entering the battle. Now you wouldn’t like that at all. So the developers put a block on you from attempting this. You should be thanking them.
  • Options
    6 dot mods can only go on g12 toons. So, develop a few solid sets of 5 dot mods for events such as this. With mod presets it won't be that hard to do.
  • Options

The increase in stats is by a set percentage. Speed will always go up by 1 except for primaries.
    Ok so r u saying u should take primary 30 speed arrow to 6 dot to get to 33 speed which would be increase of 1%? I guess plus 3 speed would be worth it didn’t even look at other stat increase but not sure they would be worth the rare slicing material anyways.
  • Options

Ok so r u saying u should take primary 30 speed arrow to 6 dot to get to 33 speed which would be increase of 1%? I guess plus 3 speed would be worth it didn’t even look at other stat increase but not sure they would be worth the rare slicing material anyways.

3 is 10% of 30 not 1%.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    You all need to read up on how slicing to 6 dot works.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH