Is c3po the best stand alone toon?

I think C3PO has taken over best stand alone toon form enfys/thrawn/whoever.

I think he belongs in the following squads for arena and makes them all viable at top end.

Revan
Ewoks
CLS
Droids
RJT

I think he may prove the following as viable as well

Rex Mix
GK Zarris
AA

Replies

• Options
    I could see Gk lead Zarris Revan Hoda and C3po as particularly annoying vs anything not traya. Traya lead would punish all the group hugs. I literally don't think you would ever use anything but a group hug with how fast the cooldowns will reset and then loop.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I could see Gk lead Zarris Revan Hoda and C3po as particularly annoying vs anything not traya. Traya lead would punish all the group hugs. I literally don't think you would ever use anything but a group hug with how fast the cooldowns will reset and then loop.

JTR would rip this team apart. Revan needs to be in the leader slot.
  • Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

I dont think you understand C3po well enough yet. GK Zarris Hoda and Revan will only use specials the whole match. That means GMT on everybody lighting quick, marked on every turn from revan. I really think traya's bonus damage/DN is the only thing that could kill a toon before they hit that hug loop with translation.
  • Options

I dont think you understand C3po well enough yet. GK Zarris Hoda and Revan will only use specials the whole match. That means GMT on everybody lighting quick, marked on every turn from revan. I really think traya's bonus damage/DN is the only thing that could kill a toon before they hit that hug loop with translation.

The thing is, on the team you mentioned you’ve got no real damage dealers. The group hugs would be basics from GK, barriss and Revan. They don’t do much damage at all. Any team with dps would still walk right through them. CLS, JTR, etc.
  • Options

Rey and Co. would go first, inflict a couple exposes and the game's over. You might be forgetting that RJT works well with 3PO too. They'd also only use specials the whole match and GK/Zarris is easy pickings for Resistance.
  • Options
    We’ll have to see how resilient he is. Thrawn can take a lot of damage, and once he fractures his tenacity goes through the roof, so he’s not particularly easy to kill. If 3PO can get ohko’d by solo/chewie or GMY then he won’t be particularly useful, since the other main teams (NS and Sith) will either cleanse or dispel him into uselessness.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    I love grand proclamations, good or bad, about toons that have been out less than 24 hours.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I'm sure he's good enough to level for tw or ga and probably raids. Though I'm skeptical he'll be good in arena. The high tenacity of jedi and the self cleansing of traya teams would make 3PO less effective against those teams.

Even if it beats everything else, so what. If you can't beat revan or traya, the team isn't arena viable at this point.
  • Options
    I foresee a "called it" somewhere in your future
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Boov wrote: »

Which would completely miss the point.
  • Options
    Ive seen c3po in a rank4 arena team today. Looks convincing to me.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    I see a Jolee at rank 4. Doesn't make him the best standalone character.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »

Which would completely miss the point.

help me out here, what point?
    I would definately copy/past a link to this thread if it turns out my super early assessment of a toon is later on widely considered to be correct. That is if i were the OP.
  • Options
    How and why would they make C3PO so important? The only awesome thing about C3PO in canon was its persistence and helpfulness.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    There's a difference between knowing and guessing.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I'm sure he's good enough to level for tw or ga and probably raids. Though I'm skeptical he'll be good in arena. The high tenacity of jedi and the self cleansing of traya teams would make 3PO less effective against those teams.

Even if it beats everything else, so what. If you can't beat revan or traya, the team isn't arena viable at this point.

The rebel team I’ve been running lately in arena (CLS (L), Han, Chewie, R2 & STHan) struggled hard vs Revan...

Now with 3PO in STHan’s place (don’t judge how awesome STHan was in that team with his zeta until you’ve tried it) I can easily beat Revan teams...

I moved up to #1 today with little effort (although I was sniped right before payout 😢)

Traya is now an easy auto win with 3PO in that team...
  • Options
    Smapty wrote: »

The rebel team I’ve been running lately in arena (CLS (L), Han, Chewie, R2 & STHan) struggled hard vs Revan...

Now with 3PO in STHan’s place (don’t judge how awesome STHan was in that team with his zeta until you’ve tried it) I can easily beat Revan teams...

I moved up to #1 today with little effort (although I was sniped right before payout 😢)

Traya is now an easy auto win with 3PO in that team...

We'll see obviously. But it really depends on mods. I run ep lead with traya and beat other traya teams and can beat most revan teams just by putting in tarkin lead to make my thrawn faster. It really comes down to mods.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Mods play a role always... mine are pretty solid but when I see people posting pics of +160 speed I realize maybe I’m not so awesome :(

Best stand alone character?

No way...

His skill set is somewhat restricted to gain the most benefit from his abilities... you need to utilize him with other characters that gain from his benefits

Best in a particular setup?

It’s looking that way...

A lot of experimentation still needs to be done to find the “optimal” use for him...

It will be fun to try out some new crazy ideas :)