Galactic Power Adjustment

123457Next

Replies

• I would love to see a purely stat based system for calculating GP but honestly it would be extremely difficult to get it right and it would probably not be worth the amount of effort.

GP is a pretty good indicator of power already so I don't see the value in radically reworking it. However currently GP from gear scales linearly with tier which works great for the first 8-10 tiers. However g12 gear is exponentially better (dev's have stated as much and it's pretty obvious). The simplest fix is to make the gear after a certain tier also increase GP exponentially.

It also wouldn't hurt to put in a GP increase for every completed tier since that also gives bonuses. The calculation doesn't have to be perfect just better so the difference is lost in the noise.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    I see... so a few blue/green bottleneck that takes 1 piece a pop or 5 pieces a pop at most is the hill you decided to fall on when our active gearing takes 300-400 pieces a gear tier and counting upwards as you go by tiers.

I have no idea what this means. You need all the pieces at each gear tier to finish the tier. If a gear tier requires 400 things I have a surplus of plus a stun gun, the 400 things I have a surplus of don't in any way make it easy for me to complete that gear tier when I don't have any stun guns (or mk3 blastechs, or whatever the case may be).

Compare the amount of things that goes into a gear tier along with their farmability costs. Discounting what we all have in abundance, the blue/green bottleneck aren't comparable to any other bottlenecks we have. I can either farm a single carbanti slot or g7-8 20 characters. The comparison is beyond scale. So the resource management as in choosing to divert your resources either one way or the other is moot.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the post I responded to. Whether it would take a lot of limited resources to get those ~50 characters to g7 or just a little bit of limited resources is irrelevant - either way it's a reasonable choice not to spend those limited resources on things that don't matter. Why exactly should I spend guild currency or farming energy for something I don't care about instead of something that I do care about? How exactly is it delusional of me to claim that I chose not to do that for resource management reasons and not sandbagging reasons?

You appear to just be angry that there's a side conversation going on in your thread that isn't what you wanted your thread to be about. Welcome to the forums, buddy. You don't get to dictate what happens in your thread just because you started it. If somebody says something preposterous he deserves to be called out on it regardless of whether it fits in the narrow vision you had for your thread.

You made a claim in response to me. Now I'm holding you upto your claim. "I think it aligns reasonably well with what it is intended to align with, which is the amount of investment placed in one's roster."

Ignore the bottlenecks, they are player problems to manage. Just look at the cost of total amount of gear that goes into a tier (with a multiplier on the lowest map nodes they can be farmed from). Since that's not even consistent between toons, one may be able to take an averaging approach over a few toons. Compare any gear tier and show how any of them correlates with the GP they create.

What happened to "I won't add anything in response in the future, since you don't seem to have any intention to honestly look at the topic and contribute to it." I always love when people write an entire essay and then end it with "but I'm not going to talk to you anymore because you aren't worth it."

Heh i cant find the goal post however am i gonna kick this ball
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    I see... so a few blue/green bottleneck that takes 1 piece a pop or 5 pieces a pop at most is the hill you decided to fall on when our active gearing takes 300-400 pieces a gear tier and counting upwards as you go by tiers.

I have no idea what this means. You need all the pieces at each gear tier to finish the tier. If a gear tier requires 400 things I have a surplus of plus a stun gun, the 400 things I have a surplus of don't in any way make it easy for me to complete that gear tier when I don't have any stun guns (or mk3 blastechs, or whatever the case may be).

Compare the amount of things that goes into a gear tier along with their farmability costs. Discounting what we all have in abundance, the blue/green bottleneck aren't comparable to any other bottlenecks we have. I can either farm a single carbanti slot or g7-8 20 characters. The comparison is beyond scale. So the resource management as in choosing to divert your resources either one way or the other is moot.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the post I responded to. Whether it would take a lot of limited resources to get those ~50 characters to g7 or just a little bit of limited resources is irrelevant - either way it's a reasonable choice not to spend those limited resources on things that don't matter. Why exactly should I spend guild currency or farming energy for something I don't care about instead of something that I do care about? How exactly is it delusional of me to claim that I chose not to do that for resource management reasons and not sandbagging reasons?

You appear to just be angry that there's a side conversation going on in your thread that isn't what you wanted your thread to be about. Welcome to the forums, buddy. You don't get to dictate what happens in your thread just because you started it. If somebody says something preposterous he deserves to be called out on it regardless of whether it fits in the narrow vision you had for your thread.

You made a claim in response to me. Now I'm holding you upto your claim. "I think it aligns reasonably well with what it is intended to align with, which is the amount of investment placed in one's roster."

Ignore the bottlenecks, they are player problems to manage. Just look at the cost of total amount of gear that goes into a tier (with a multiplier on the lowest map nodes they can be farmed from). Since that's not even consistent between toons, one may be able to take an averaging approach over a few toons. Compare any gear tier and show how any of them correlates with the GP they create.

What happened to "I won't add anything in response in the future, since you don't seem to have any intention to honestly look at the topic and contribute to it." I always love when people write an entire essay and then end it with "but I'm not going to talk to you anymore because you aren't worth it."

Heh i cant find the goal post however am i gonna kick this ball

He's spinning it around, I didn't mean or say he's worthless, I certainly meant his contribution to this thread is worthless and utter rubbish.
  • For those who have been following this thread for a while, I've confirmed that Gear bumps DO add stats all by themselves. If you're new to the conversation, what I'm talking about is not related to adding a new gear item. I've got screenshots of my Zombie going from G6 to G7. I took screenshots of the Zombie AFTER I added the last G6 mod but before I hit the Upgrade button that moves me to G7. I then took screenshots again after I hit the Upgrade button AND before adding any other gear or making ANY changes to the unit at all. The only difference between the before and after pictures is related to hitting the Upgrade button. Keep in mind, this is for a little 3* Zombie at G6/7 so the increase isn't much, but it does confirm that there are stat increases with the bumps and those bumps are currently producing 0 GP. I'm hoping to grab some screenshots of a different unit going from G9/10 soon. Those should be more significant increases, which again currently produce 0 GP.

Before800lnnosvbbt.jpg

After8x17qmmq31c5.jpg

Before4naa3qrx48cq.jpg

Afterx0lon3x7e92f.jpg

Beforeloddvylxcwyu.jpg

Aftervfy3ezbjusdw.jpg
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    GodlikeNay wrote: »
    For those who have been following this thread for a while, I've confirmed that Gear bumps DO add stats all by themselves. If you're new to the conversation, what I'm talking about is not related to adding a new gear item. I've got screenshots of my Zombie going from G6 to G7. I took screenshots of the Zombie AFTER I added the last G6 mod but before I hit the Upgrade button that moves me to G7. I then took screenshots again after I hit the Upgrade button AND before adding any other gear or making ANY changes to the unit at all. The only difference between the before and after pictures is related to hitting the Upgrade button. Keep in mind, this is for a little 3* Zombie at G6/7 so the increase isn't much, but it does confirm that there are stat increases with the bumps and those bumps are currently producing 0 GP. I'm hoping to grab some screenshots of a different unit going from G9/10 soon. Those should be more significant increases, which again currently produce 0 GP.

Before800lnnosvbbt.jpg

After8x17qmmq31c5.jpg

Before4naa3qrx48cq.jpg

Afterx0lon3x7e92f.jpg

Beforeloddvylxcwyu.jpg

Aftervfy3ezbjusdw.jpg

At this gear tier, the bumps is close to 1 level stat bump rounded down.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    For those who have been following this thread for a while, I've confirmed that Gear bumps DO add stats all by themselves. If you're new to the conversation, what I'm talking about is not related to adding a new gear item. I've got screenshots of my Zombie going from G6 to G7. I took screenshots of the Zombie AFTER I added the last G6 mod but before I hit the Upgrade button that moves me to G7. I then took screenshots again after I hit the Upgrade button AND before adding any other gear or making ANY changes to the unit at all. The only difference between the before and after pictures is related to hitting the Upgrade button. Keep in mind, this is for a little 3* Zombie at G6/7 so the increase isn't much, but it does confirm that there are stat increases with the bumps and those bumps are currently producing 0 GP. I'm hoping to grab some screenshots of a different unit going from G9/10 soon. Those should be more significant increases, which again currently produce 0 GP.

Before800lnnosvbbt.jpg

After8x17qmmq31c5.jpg

Before4naa3qrx48cq.jpg

Afterx0lon3x7e92f.jpg

Beforeloddvylxcwyu.jpg

Aftervfy3ezbjusdw.jpg

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Can you explain? 1 level stat bump rounded down?
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member

Before800lnnosvbbt.jpg

After8x17qmmq31c5.jpg

Before4naa3qrx48cq.jpg

Afterx0lon3x7e92f.jpg

Beforeloddvylxcwyu.jpg

Aftervfy3ezbjusdw.jpg

Yea it upgrades the multiplier very slightly, which brings up your health by less than a hundred points. I've already said that tho. The gp bump is already factored, being added with each of the six parts (if they waited till the tier upgrade bump, the single gear pieces wouldn't give any gp, so they put it on gear instead of tier for partial gearing to be factored in..)
    pretty sure it's just part of the star counts influence on multipliers tho, as the same tier upgrade on a 7* makes a slightly higher difference, but still negligible.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Before800lnnosvbbt.jpg

After8x17qmmq31c5.jpg

Before4naa3qrx48cq.jpg

Afterx0lon3x7e92f.jpg

Beforeloddvylxcwyu.jpg

Aftervfy3ezbjusdw.jpg

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Can you explain? 1 level stat bump rounded down?

See the growth additions no's by level there. Stat bump you got is close to that number, somewhat lower than it. Probably increases on other tiers. Strength/Agility/Tactics is what drives other stats.
  • Gannon wrote: »

Before800lnnosvbbt.jpg

After8x17qmmq31c5.jpg

Before4naa3qrx48cq.jpg

Afterx0lon3x7e92f.jpg

Beforeloddvylxcwyu.jpg

Aftervfy3ezbjusdw.jpg

Yea it upgrades the multiplier very slightly, which brings up your health by less than a hundred points. I've already said that tho. The gp bump is already factored, being added with each of the six parts (if they waited till the tier upgrade bump, the single gear pieces wouldn't give any gp, so they put it on gear instead of tier for partial gearing to be factored in..)
    pretty sure it's just part of the star counts influence on multipliers tho, as the same tier upgrade on a 7* makes a slightly higher difference, but still negligible.

I guess someone needs to submit similar screenshots of a unit moving from G10 to G11 or G11 to G12, because I do not think the bump is "negligible" at those levels. I think it is a major shortcoming of the GP calculation, but there is no point in getting into a heavy debate about that now with such a low gear change that does produce mostly negligible changes. However, we have confirmed that gear bumps produce stats and those stats are not reflected in GP. I promise you that for newer players at G6, facing a newly geared G7 unit with an additional 3000 protection isn't going to seem negligible though. At that level, it is producing a noticable change in the unit with no change in GP. I believe there is similar impact at higher levels as well, but we should look at actual numbers rather than discuss what is perceived. Let's continue this conversation once we have screenshots of higher gear levels where more veteran players will care more about the stat changes.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »

Before800lnnosvbbt.jpg

After8x17qmmq31c5.jpg

Before4naa3qrx48cq.jpg

Afterx0lon3x7e92f.jpg

Beforeloddvylxcwyu.jpg

Aftervfy3ezbjusdw.jpg

I guess someone needs to submit similar screenshots of a unit moving from G10 to G11 or G11 to G12, because I do not think the bump is "negligible" at those levels. I think it is a major shortcoming of the GP calculation, but there is no point in getting into a heavy debate about that now with such a low gear change that does produce mostly negligible changes. However, we have confirmed that gear bumps produce stats and those stats are not reflected in GP. I promise you that for newer players at G6, facing a newly geared G7 unit with an additional 3000 protection isn't going to seem negligible though. At that level, it is producing a noticable change in the unit with no change in GP. I believe there is similar impact at higher levels as well, but we should look at actual numbers rather than discuss what is perceived. Let's continue this conversation once we have screenshots of higher gear levels where more veteran players will care more about the stat changes.

I recorded a video of a 7* g7 recently just to send you, but I can't upload it here sadly. I could send it in LINE if you want tho. Gannon009 is my line Id.
    But yea, as far as the protection I assume (based on stat increases after that point) that protectin is just locked until that tier, cuz it upgrades like the other stats after that.
    But since gp is added per piece, and nothing more at the tier upgrade, they could prolly add those minor changes to multipliers per piece when the gp is added to avoid confusion like that
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Resources vs. GP

- The aim here is to see whether a correlation between resource usage and GP gain from it exists.
    - I'm going by 1 toon only which comes as the 1st toon on swgoh.gg for the sake of simplicity. And I'm only gonna consider g7-g8 and g11. I'll consider g7 as the baseline with value 1 to not get boggled in high numbers
    - Disclaimer: obviously amount of gear pieces and each pieces value differ in between toons. One can base gear GP and it's progression using averages across all toons, or any single toon can have it's own GP gear progression tree for a perfection in the correlation.
    - All will converge to an energy cost. Remember we are not looking into our piles of 10k gears, gear bottlenecks or consider challenges. Ignoring multiple gear types/pieces on nodes. The point is to make GP calculation fair regardless of them. One can simply not consider people's various shop purchases and that's not neccessary for a fair GP calculation either.
    - White: 6, Green: 6, Blue: 6, Purple: 8, Yellow: 10 energy
    - To make the calculation easier for myself I'm gonna use gear type (color) values already provided on swgoh.gg and assume their lowliest farmable energy node. This is introduces an approximation as gear tiers can have pieces where the lowliest nodes that they can be farmed in differs.
    - Ignoring credit cost of gearing since it's rather miniscule and I chose energy as the primary metric.
    - I'll consider a reasonable correlation to be %+-20
    - If you reject the outcomes based on the method, please do your own calculation and share with us.

u6nra6ivodyj.png

Conclusion: A correlation between gear farming costs based on energy (approx. "resourced used") and gear GP does not exist.

Used info:

vcrxrxjbprcs.png
    5uu1clq94d03.png
    xdq9wza5vbda.png
    qi00q19kxs1f.png
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Power per gear tier is off, values are different now. If anyone can provide a recording of adding a gear piece on the missing tiers below (only if 7* lvl85) that would be really helpful!
    G1= ?
    G2= ?
    g3 = ?
    G4= ?
    G5= ?
    G6= 84
    G7= 112
    G8= 122
    G9= ?
    G10= ?
    G11= 198
    G12= 210