Best Legendary event to date! C-3PO

While being able to auto Tiers 1-6, Tier 7 proved to be a true challenge. Takes RNG out quite a bit and forces you to use more tactics using well timed revives. Not nearly as difficult as the Chewbacca event... this has been my most favorite Legendary so far! Well done @CG_SBCrumb and team! Please pass on to the rest of the developers that this is a win!

Replies

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I was only able to beat the first 3 tiers with my junk ewoks, but I am glad to see that it doesn't look like the event is as brutally difficult as Chewie's is at the higher tiers. Looking forward to locking up a 7* 3P0 on the second run, whenever that is.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I was only able to beat the first 3 tiers with my junk ewoks, but I am glad to see that it doesn't look like the event is as brutally difficult as Chewie's is at the higher tiers. Looking forward to locking up a 7* 3P0 on the second run, whenever that is.

Stay tuned for T5, you load in, they attack, 90% of your team is dead. You need strong gearing 5 and up.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Stay tuned for T5, you load in, they attack, 90% of your team is dead. You need strong gearing 5 and up.

Yeah, I didn't mean it looked easy. Just that it doesn't appear to be like Chewie where even at G12 you basically need to keep restarting until Dengar stealths or it's borderline impossible.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    There of course is a small measure of RNG, but the key is keeping Elder alive for all the revives. Call him for assists for lots of TM gain. There's also plenty of videos showing even Tier 7 possible with G8 and up with the right mods.
  • Options
    It was a fun, albeit a little frustrating, event. I also really like the impressive gold shader they used on threepio. Shiny!
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    SandurzGoH wrote: »
    There of course is a small measure of RNG, but the key is keeping Elder alive for all the revives. Call him for assists for lots of TM gain. There's also plenty of videos showing even Tier 7 possible with G8 and up with the right mods.

Oh? Do you have a link to this, please? I fully intend to get them all to g12 soon, but if I can get C3-P0 to 7* now, that’d sure help.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Oh? Do you have a link to this, please? I fully intend to get them all to g12 soon, but if I can get C3-P0 to 7* now, that’d sure help.

Please inform me on how to get ANY toon to G12”soon”. Please, and thanks in advance
  • Options

Second run?

If your Ewoks are as junk as mine...then it's probably going to be 3rd, or more likely 4th!

But that's fine with me. I got to Tier 3, and enjoyed it, and got some C3P0 shards.

So...all good :)

Now, do I invest hard into Ewoks? Maybe...still undecided. Never much fun playing catch-up if you're f2p...but I'll see how he pans out and give it some thought :)
  • Options

Check out Nukin's video here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8OeAGAbaRHc

Or MobileGamer's video here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=NkcUIOQtDeY
  • Options

Check out Nukin's video here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8OeAGAbaRHc

Or MobileGamer's video here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=NkcUIOQtDeY

Thanks, will do once I’m off work!
    RoBane1738 wrote: »
    Please inform me on how to get ANY toon to G12”soon”. Please, and thanks in advance

All guild, guild event, and shard shop currrencies get used for g8-11 gear. Tag each character as a favorite so you know what you need to reach the next level, then buy it. Save crystals to pick up raid gear since that can be a real bottleneck, but just keep plugging away.

It actually helps a little to do a bunch of characters at once so you can stockpile the mk6 droid callers and mk4 bacta gels and what not.
  • Krazyy57
    15 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Best event What the hell ewoks SUCK and hit like a limp noodle 3 at g10 2 at g11

Ewok Crits for 2500 woooo han hits for 33000 annnnnd The ewok is dead

Turn off guard for the love of god ewoks event is waaaay to hard
  • Options
    Event was excellent. Not as difficult as Chewie. I found it exactly right
  • Options
    Sure it would have been if it didn’t require stupid freakin ewoks
  • Options
    Sure it would have been if it didn’t require stupid freakin ewoks

Ewoks are great. Don’t be like that.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely need some good mods, keep ewok elder stealthed. But way better since it wasnt as RNG as chewie event. I enjoyed it, thanks CG!
  • Krazyy57
    15 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Nope ewoks where crap 3 years ago still are now

The damage is to low a useless faction damage output is nothing 3000 hit crits wooooooooo

Had to zchirpa for this horrible event should of gave us c3po after the revan paywall
  • Options
    Krazyy57 wrote: »
    Best event What the hell ewoks SUCK and hit like a limp noodle 3 at g10 2 at g11

Ewok Crits for 2500 woooo han hits for 33000 annnnnd The ewok is dead

Turn off guard for the love of god ewoks event is waaaay to hard

Got 7* after 3 or 4 retries with G11/11/11/9/9.

My G11 wicket (modded for speed) was hitting for like 12k IIRC.

All you need is a zeta on chirpa, your best mods, constantly calling elder as assist and have your revives ready.

The damage is to low a useless faction damage output is nothing 3000 hit crits wooooooooo

Had to zchirpa for this horrible event should of gave us c3po after the revan paywall

Some ewok expert has alrdy proven that they're capable of beating a Revan squad.
    With the introduction of the zetas they became quite a strong force on offense just not as "appealing" as other factions.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options

Maybe if you stopped thinking of everything in terms of "high number is good number" you'd realize that they shut down enemy teams with mass daze and repeated buff cleansing, protect their weaker members with targeted stealth, have a really tough tank with a toggle-able taunt, assist all the time, and gain turn meter on top of their higher than usual base speed.

Nah, it's cool, just keep farming the one-size-fits-all crit damage on crit chance farm and then get really mad every time that doesn't work because they create another Nest or whatever.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

$
    $$
    $$$
    $$$$
    $$$$$
    $$$$$$
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Agree with OP and many here...the event was good fun, and should be considered as model for other such events by the devs.

No, it's not a pushover, and yes, it requires specific characters. But they are toons that many players have had for a long time, and there have been other reasons to work on (Endor Escalation, for instance...who doesn't like zetas?).

And on top of that, instead of some other events we've had where you have little choice but to try-n-die a gazillion times until juuuuuust the right RNG allows you to have a chance of winning, this one can be figured out if you pay attention to where you fail the first few times. I made it in maybe 5 tries, and my murderbears are g11 x 4, g9 for logray. Only had Zeta on chirpa.

Leaves the player feeling like, hey, that was fun, and now I have a great new toon. Instead of frustrated and empty-handed...or successful but exhausted and glad he'll never have to do that again.

For instance, I have yet to redo the tier-1 Thrawn event...

Edit: Forgot what I originally meant to close with: Devs, well done. Take some bows.