Fix raid rewards

2Next

Replies

• Waqui wrote: »
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    I was thinking about this and I have the solution.

If you manage to solo the raid then you get the top reward. Otherwise it’s done on where you place score wise chronlogicially. E.g 5 people solo it all come first then the next player would be 6th.

This stops the problem of 1 person soloing the raid then everyone else posting 0 scores and getting second.

I really feel this would be such an improvement

I agree completely. This is such an issue for me!!!

[...]

Final score should be by damage total only. If 10 people do it, they all tie for first. This stops players with more time and money from hoarding everything and gives everyone the same reward for their actions and efforts.

How well did you think this through?
    If this is implemented, then guilds with multiple solos will have a huge increase in rewards overall. This seems to work against what you are trying to achieve.

Just relax. As time goes by and you complete a large number of raids, those that solo every time will receive moreor less the same amount of rewards and their rewards will be significantly higher than the rewards of those, who never solo.
    Now.... My issue, there is no way for me to ever get the pit fighter title in my guild. I would have to go elsewhere, finish it, and then return to my group. I cannot force anyone to stop taking first and share the title. Not in the current system.

Patience, young padawan. The order of those who tie is random. As some point you will be first too. Check your rank you received during the join period. If you rank high/st here, you will also rank high/1st among those who solo.

2-3 times a week, I join usually first or second week to every raid, solo for at least 2 months. We have one guy who gets it over 75% of the time. I am patient, I've been top 3 only once. It's a broken system. A tie is a tie.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    I was thinking about this and I have the solution.

If you manage to solo the raid then you get the top reward. Otherwise it’s done on where you place score wise chronlogicially. E.g 5 people solo it all come first then the next player would be 6th.

This stops the problem of 1 person soloing the raid then everyone else posting 0 scores and getting second.

I really feel this would be such an improvement

I agree completely. This is such an issue for me!!!

[...]

Final score should be by damage total only. If 10 people do it, they all tie for first. This stops players with more time and money from hoarding everything and gives everyone the same reward for their actions and efforts.

How well did you think this through?
    If this is implemented, then guilds with multiple solos will have a huge increase in rewards overall. This seems to work against what you are trying to achieve.

Just relax. As time goes by and you complete a large number of raids, those that solo every time will receive moreor less the same amount of rewards and their rewards will be significantly higher than the rewards of those, who never solo.
    Now.... My issue, there is no way for me to ever get the pit fighter title in my guild. I would have to go elsewhere, finish it, and then return to my group. I cannot force anyone to stop taking first and share the title. Not in the current system.

Patience, young padawan. The order of those who tie is random. As some point you will be first too. Check your rank you received during the join period. If you rank high/st here, you will also rank high/1st among those who solo.

2-3 times a week, I join usually first or second week to every raid, solo for at least 2 months. We have one guy who gets it over 75% of the time. I am patient, I've been top 3 only once. It's a broken system. A tie is a tie.

Be patient, young padawan (or alternatively you could begin truly tracking the rankings to see wether your perception matches what's really happening).
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Working on the data now. I am also a computer engineer and design engineer with logic and programming background so I will be able to break down, in a way, what the determining factor is for the randomness. Needless to say, it isn't tied to when you join, gp, or who finishes the raid first. Expect the data soon, but I'd like at least 10-50 runs before posting. 0/1 so far.
    Post edited by nabokovfan on
  • Slight update for those interested, I've completed the following. I'll report more once the data is complete, 100 runs. My guild has just reset the schedule back for the raids and we should be back to at least 2, possibly 3 runs every week. (feel free to go ahead and do the math on how long this will take)

Number of Runs: 6

Averages:
    Join Place: 6
    Place at Start: 23
    Finish Place (my run): 2
    Finish Place (end): 4
    # of solo Finishes: 7
    # of times placed in top 3: 3
    Avg GP of #1: 2,890,207
    My Avg GP: 1,799,607
  • I really would love to see this fixed...

If you tie, it's those that tie who get the same rank/rewards. Count it Down, then whatever "place" is next after the tie is resolved is skipped to.