How to know if your ready for hstr?

Prev1
My guild is getting through t6 in about 3 refreshes and we are thinking about giving heroic a shot. Is there a way to see how much damage or percent I’ll be able to do in each phase based on my t6 numbers

Replies

• Armatores
    248 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Reduce your t6 damage for 1/3, and you will have idea about your T7 damage, for example your t6 7m damage JTR team will do about 3,8m at HSTR, etc. But please note, that without specific zetas and gear, JTR team can fail at HSTR dramatically, I mean from 3m damage on t6 to 200-300k. If team cannot survive, team cannot do damage, and survivng at HSTR p1 is very tough task. For rest parts its easier, but for p1 and p2 you can apply 1/3 rule. But, better try and see yourself)
  • Thank you that should give an idea on percent wise we’re we sit.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    There's really only one way to find out:

Try it out. You may spend tickets for the raid and not complete it, but the lessons learned are valuable.

With the current/new low health pools of bosses on tier 6, you probably won't be able to complete heroic tier until you can almost complete tier 6 with no refresh.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    There's really only one way to find out:

Try it out. You may spend tickets for the raid and not complete it, but the lessons learned are valuable.

With the current/new low health pools of bosses on tier 6, you probably won't be able to complete heroic tier until you can almost complete tier 6 with no refresh.

^This. We had T6 down to 1 refresh and gave heroic a shot. Stalled in P3 but on the second go (3 weeks or so later) we made it through. A trial run will give everyone a much better idea of where to focus their resources - best of luck to ya 🙂
  • Agreed, a trial run is very beneficial to see where you stand. In heroic bosses are faster and hit hard and some mechanics are different, so just having the experience makes a world of difference.
  • Thanks everyone going to give it our first go tomorrow 🤞
  • RJT squads in phase 1 (at least 15-20 strong squads)
    Jedi (Revan, Bastila, or GK-lead) in p2, along with a few other traditional squads
    Chex Mix in phase 3 (at least 25-30 well-geared chex, make sure the speeds are correct!)
    NS in phase 4. (~5-10 well geared squads).

Have this, and you're pretty much good to go.

• Cool cool that’s what we all were focused on minus Chex mix some of us went greedo and rolo mix for p3 too
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    In our runs Greedo has consistently done roughly 2x the damage of Chex Mix, 8% vs. 4%. This is the Chewbacca variant, I know there's an older version but I don't know the comp on that one.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • From what I’ve seen the old one can do 6-8% just way more rng based. I’ll hopefully have chewy 7* this time around to add him in. But some are running sing as well
  • ROLO should really just be a supplement. It can do 1-2% on a good day, but I wouldn't rely on 50 of them to kill the phase.
  • How does guild dedication factor in? My guild can clear t6 in 3-4 days, but only about half the guild participates on a normal day, or does any damage. Does heroic need 100% participation or can a guild get by on less?
  • How does guild dedication factor in? My guild can clear t6 in 3-4 days, but only about half the guild participates on a normal day, or does any damage. Does heroic need 100% participation or can a guild get by on less?

Participation is a big thing for those who are trying to clear it, not so much for those guilds that alrdy have it on farm and are used to it (there are usually the top 10 that could do the whole raid and in theory just 3-4 men could do it).

You don't need 50 JTRs (in fact ~16 are alrdy enough if they all score 3mio+) or 50 Chex's (~25 at 1.5mio). But the guild size comes into play when not everyone has one of the "common" teams for each phase and your guild needs to start throwing in a few teams to compensate damage (f.e. in p2) or when the big kitchen sink in p4 starts (50x 240k dmg with STH+Jyn/FOO+3x damage dealer in p4 vs Traya alone is 12mio = Traya dead.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    How does guild dedication factor in? My guild can clear t6 in 3-4 days, but only about half the guild participates on a normal day, or does any damage. Does heroic need 100% participation or can a guild get by on less?

Participation is a big thing for those who are trying to clear it, not so much for those guilds that alrdy have it on farm and are used to it (there are usually the top 10 that could do the whole raid and in theory just 3-4 men could do it).

You don't need 50 JTRs (in fact ~16 are alrdy enough if they all score 3mio+) or 50 Chex's (~25 at 1.5mio). But the guild size comes into play when not everyone has one of the "common" teams for each phase and your guild needs to start throwing in a few teams to compensate damage (f.e. in p2) or when the big kitchen sink in p4 starts (50x 240k dmg with STH+Jyn/FOO+3x damage dealer in p4 vs Traya alone is 12mio = Traya dead.

We plan on trying a heroic sith raid start of the year, to gauge where we are at. Now that finishing a heroic raid is becoming a realistic thing, I would like to start preparing my roster. I'm hoping to get Revan when he comes back and I believe I can get Chewie 7* too.
    How does guild dedication factor in? My guild can clear t6 in 3-4 days, but only about half the guild participates on a normal day, or does any damage. Does heroic need 100% participation or can a guild get by on less?

We plan on trying a heroic sith raid start of the year, to gauge where we are at. Now that finishing a heroic raid is becoming a realistic thing, I would like to start preparing my roster. I'm hoping to get Revan when he comes back and I believe I can get Chewie 7* too.

Communication is also an important thing for the first heroic attempts. Get your guild to use discord (if not alrdy the case) and organize everything, it'll pay off.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    It's not about full participation necessarily, it's about the right people participating. If you have enough heavy hitters at the top, you can get through without the bottom of the guild doing anything. But some guilds may need every last person in order to push through. Especially in P4 when you're kitchen sinking it, but also if you're getting stuck at a particular spot. I think on our first run we got stuck in P3 because not enough people had built teams that could get us through.
    Legend91 wrote: »

Communication is also an important thing for the first heroic attempts. Get your guild to use discord (if not alrdy the case) and organize everything, it'll pay off.

I guess that is part two of our issue. We do use line, but not everyone is onboard and those who aren't don't feel the need.
  • TVF wrote: »
    It's not about full participation necessarily, it's about the right people participating. If you have enough heavy hitters at the top, you can get through without the bottom of the guild doing anything. But some guilds may need every last person in order to push through. Especially in P4 when you're kitchen sinking it, but also if you're getting stuck at a particular spot. I think on our first run we got stuck in P3 because not enough people had built teams that could get us through.

I think we have a good 20 accounts that can and will eventually do massive damage. One of our members runs 4 accounts, and hes figuring out how to do 10 mil damage on phase 1 of tier 6. Personally, I think if we can focus on the top teams and make them run like a top, we should get there. Last I checked we had 47/50 members total.
  • I have the right teams with appropriate gear just not enough participation and lack of right teams from others 7% on p1 without bb8 and r2 at g12. Needless to say going to be looking for a hstr guild. Thanks everyone for the words of wisdom
  • I have the right teams with appropriate gear just not enough participation and lack of right teams from others 7% on p1 without bb8 and r2 at g12. Needless to say going to be looking for a hstr guild. Thanks everyone for the words of wisdom

Good luck. I'd like to think that my guild just needs a little bit more and we will get there, but that only works if a majority are willing, or so I heard.

I guess that is part two of our issue. We do use line, but not everyone is onboard and those who aren't don't feel the need.

Discord is so much better than Line. I'd highly advice to switch over (we were initially using Line aswell but switched at one point and are so glad we did it).
    People that don't want to register to swgoh.gg and use one of the communication apps are a problem, sadly.
    I'd try to appeal to their conscience not only for the raid but also for TB's, TW's, etc., worst case is the guild leader/officers taking action and booting them.
    TVF wrote: »

I think we have a good 20 accounts that can and will eventually do massive damage. One of our members runs 4 accounts, and hes figuring out how to do 10 mil damage on phase 1 of tier 6. Personally, I think if we can focus on the top teams and make them run like a top, we should get there. Last I checked we had 47/50 members total.

Do not underestimate the difference between T6 and heroic, heroic is significantly harder with a lot of mechanics not working or being greatly reduced in dmg (all the health related ones like expose, detonators, deathmark and bonus dmg based on %max HP).
  • After my guild completed our first heroic raid with mercenaries, we had a few folks who said we should go back to tier 6 for a bit before trying it on our own. But we knew we needed to learn the differences and the way heroic works, so we persevered and beat the next raid on our own. It’s gotten easier ever since then. So if your guild is borderline, I suggest you try it out so you can learn the mechanics.

Discord is so much better than Line. I'd highly advice to switch over (we were initially using Line aswell but switched at one point and are so glad we did it).
    People that don't want to register to swgoh.gg and use one of the communication apps are a problem, sadly.
    I'd try to appeal to their conscience not only for the raid but also for TB's, TW's, etc., worst case is the guild leader/officers taking action and booting them.

Getting members to get swgoh.gg is impossible, switching to discord is going to be impossibler. My last guild had discord, I just couldn't get the hang of it, seems too complex for the benefits.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    If getting people to either gg or discord is impossible (especially gg) you either need new members or a new guild.

I'm old and discord took me like five minutes to figure out.
    If getting people to either gg or discord is impossible (especially gg) you either need new members or a new guild.

Seems to a problem for a lot in the current guild

I'm not so old and can't remember the codes for most of the stuff.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

Seems to a problem for a lot in the current guild

find a new one or recruit, sad but tru. gl
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member

Codes?

Are you sure you downloaded discord?

Codes?

Are you sure you downloaded discord?

command prompts for one of the bots, so it will spit out mod suggestions or other useful information. if I remember correctly, and this was several months ago, you had to type something like ;modscls for the bot to tell you what the best mods for CLS would be. Or you could ask another bot who had a specific character at a 6* for TB. I did have discord, but its been more than half a year?
  • I do know my last guild dissolved because of the sith raid coming out, we did one and the the fit hit the shan and everyone went their separate ways.