How to know if your ready for hstr?

2Next

Replies

• Something similar happened with my last guild
  • Something similar happened with my last guild

I'm no fan of that. My downfall, if you will is getting comfortable with a group of people. I don't like change.
    Also trying to get my discord out of the moth balls.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    If getting people to either gg or discord is impossible (especially gg) you either need new members or a new guild.

I'm old and discord took me like five minutes to figure out.

I'm not so old and can't remember the codes for most of the stuff.

Codes?

Are you sure you downloaded discord?

command prompts for one of the bots, so it will spit out mod suggestions or other useful information. if I remember correctly, and this was several months ago, you had to type something like ;modscls for the bot to tell you what the best mods for CLS would be. Or you could ask another bot who had a specific character at a 6* for TB. I did have discord, but its been more than half a year?

Bots are not required for discord.

At the most basic level, you should be using discord for guild communication. In this specific case, figuring out who can do what in the raid and what everyone is working on to push you towards your ultimate goal, beating the raid. Once you're doing the raid, you should be coordinating who is hitting with what and when so you don't waste teams or damage.

Bots are a nice feature, I use them myself, but just start by talking to each other in plain English. No codes needed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    If getting people to either gg or discord is impossible (especially gg) you either need new members or a new guild.

I'm old and discord took me like five minutes to figure out.

I'm not so old and can't remember the codes for most of the stuff.

Codes?

Are you sure you downloaded discord?

command prompts for one of the bots, so it will spit out mod suggestions or other useful information. if I remember correctly, and this was several months ago, you had to type something like ;modscls for the bot to tell you what the best mods for CLS would be. Or you could ask another bot who had a specific character at a 6* for TB. I did have discord, but its been more than half a year?

Bots are not required for discord.

At the most basic level, you should be using discord for guild communication. In this specific case, figuring out who can do what in the raid and what everyone is working on to push you towards your ultimate goal, beating the raid. Once you're doing the raid, you should be coordinating who is hitting with what and when so you don't waste teams or damage.

Bots are a nice feature, I use them myself, but just start by talking to each other in plain English. No codes needed.

If it’s only for plain text chat and nothing more, discord is one of dozens of 3rd part chat apps and isn’t really anything special. The only thing I see discord having over what we use now is the bots.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Oh I thought you weren't using an 3rd party app, I missed that part.

Still, if you can't get people to do something as simple as sign up on gg, you have bigger issues.

Still, if you can't get people to do something as simple as sign up on gg, you have bigger issues.
    It definitely is a bigger issue

But it’s not a deal breaker when it comes to heroic sith. We have 35/47 members use our app, which is still infinitely better than in game. When it comes to the sith raid, I think once I unlock revan and chewie I can start looking at sith raid teams and focus my resources there.

It definitely is a bigger issue

With the other raids, communication is key because damage can overlap? So it required more teams being used, instead of going one by one.
  • Discord is miles better than Line, and you should persevere with it if you’re keen to move the guild to the next level. We made the switch after the first ever TB, and have never looked back. Sure, 2 or 3 members didn’t make the leap with us, but that was their loss, not ours.

The main advantage of Discord is the multiple different rooms/channels you can set up with different access rights depending on the rank of the members.

In our discord server we have TB announcements, TW announcements, Raid announcements etc that only officers can type in. We have other rooms that all users can type / chat in. We did have Sith Raid Farming Targets, but we’ve had that raid on farm for 6+ months, so we removed it. Some of our guild are very quiet on discord and likely only read posts they are directly tagged in. Others spend hours a day on there.

Overlap is an issue, especially in phase 1. If you have 25 people sending in JTR, and the first 19 take Nihilus to 5% health, the last thing you want is for the remaining 6 to all attack simultaneously and clear the remaining 5%. That means 5 of those teams are now wasted, 5 teams that could have made a decent dent in phase 2.

And for phase 2, a really effective team that’s not too hard to obtain is Bastila (L), Hoda, GMY, GK, Ezra. I’m getting 9% + every time with them.
  • Just to give an example of teams to bring (machine gun leia and STH being very easy to get and cheap teams that take care of P2 and 1/3 P4):

P1: 14x JTR (3.5mio each)
    P2: 50x Machine gun leia (1.05mio each)
    P3: 16x Chex (1.44mio each) + 50x ROLO (300k each)
    P4: 3x NS (4mio each)
    P4 Sion: kitchen sink
    P4 Traya: 50x STH* (240k each)

*STH = STH + FOO + 3x damage dealers
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    And for phase 2, a really effective team that’s not too hard to obtain is Bastila (L), Hoda, GMY, GK, Ezra. I’m getting 9% + every time with them.

Is this you?

https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/characters/?f=Jedi

How are you getting 9% with a G11 no-zeta Ezra? I'm doing like 6-7% with my G12 zeta Ezra.

• Overlap is an issue, especially in phase 1. If you have 25 people sending in JTR, and the first 19 take Nihilus to 5% health, the last thing you want is for the remaining 6 to all attack simultaneously and clear the remaining 5%. That means 5 of those teams are now wasted, 5 teams that could have made a decent dent in phase 2.

And for phase 2, a really effective team that’s not too hard to obtain is Bastila (L), Hoda, GMY, GK, Ezra. I’m getting 9% + every time with them. [/quote]

Thanks for the help. I’m just trying to focus on teams and help my guild, which being disorganized is working somehow. Lol.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Just to give an example of teams to bring (machine gun leia and STH being very easy to get and cheap teams that take care of P2 and 1/3 P4):

P1: 14x JTR (3.5mio each)
    P2: 50x Machine gun leia (1.05mio each)
    P3: 16x Chex (1.44mio each) + 50x ROLO (300k each)
    P4: 3x NS (4mio each)
    P4 Sion: kitchen sink
    P4 Traya: 50x STH* (240k each)

*STH = STH + FOO + 3x damage dealers

Thanks for the tips.

Is this you?

https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/characters/?f=Jedi

How are you getting 9% with a G11 no-zeta Ezra? I'm doing like 6-7% with my G12 zeta Ezra.

That is me, yes.

You might want to focus on my GMY’s special offence. That and the strategy has a lot to do with the score. Got 4.5M last time out.

• TVF
    36591 posts Member
    What's your strategy? Do you wait for the back half of P2 so you can get defense penetration whenever you hit him?
  • Also @TVF

- 28 more speed and a zeta on Hoda
    - 17 more speed and g12 Bastila
    - g12 pieces on all except Ezra

But ultimately my GMY special offence being 1700 or so higher will have the biggest impact.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    My stats are not raid stats, I use mod loadouts. With that said my special offense is way lower than yours even with loadouts on, I need more offense mods. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: I gave Hoda a zeta last night before my 3.5m run. gg doesn't show it yet.
    What's your strategy? Do you wait for the back half of P2 so you can get defense penetration whenever you hit him?
    We’ve got 13 Revans in our guild. If I wait in p2 it might be dead before I can do anything.

I watched the Skelturix video and largely follow that. Use GK’s basic, Bastila’s basic to soften up an add so GMY can get defence penetration off them. There is a bit of RNG - last run Sion still hadn’t got one stack of pain when enrage counter was at 7 - but I’m pretty consistently scoring 3.8-4.5M now.

It’s the offence stat I think. Though my guild boffins say I should change my offence primary triangle for a CD primary triangle - if I had a mod that matched all the criteria, I’d do that to see what happened.

An offence set and 4 x 6 dot mods with offence primary make a huge difference.
  • Playing about with mods I could get his Special offence above 7000, but the mods that do that would really drop his speed. I’ve found an offence set mod with CD primary that I might try next Sith Raid (Saturday night) just to see if it makes any difference.
  • DarkRolyzzz
    44 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Invite the DSR Bot to your server. It can tell you you’re guild’s HSTR readiness and give you a list of HSTR squads by phase as well as what members have HSTR ready squads. Just note that the guild readiness only considers rosters not whether the member knows how to run them.
    gf1b5h5ecvtc.png
    DM me @Dark Rolyzzz#9997 for information on New Rebel Order or if interested in joining. Join the Rebellion and be a part of the Rebel Revolution!
  • My guild is getting through t6 in about 3 refreshes and we are thinking about giving heroic a shot. Is there a way to see how much damage or percent I’ll be able to do in each phase based on my t6 numbers

If most of the guild participated in T6.. No chance you'll clear Heroic. There are no refreshes in Heroic, so your all your best teams can hit once.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    How does guild dedication factor in? My guild can clear t6 in 3-4 days, but only about half the guild participates on a normal day, or does any damage. Does heroic need 100% participation or can a guild get by on less?

Participation is a big thing for those who are trying to clear it, not so much for those guilds that alrdy have it on farm and are used to it (there are usually the top 10 that could do the whole raid and in theory just 3-4 men could do it).

You don't need 50 JTRs (in fact ~16 are alrdy enough if they all score 3mio+) or 50 Chex's (~25 at 1.5mio). But the guild size comes into play when not everyone has one of the "common" teams for each phase and your guild needs to start throwing in a few teams to compensate damage (f.e. in p2) or when the big kitchen sink in p4 starts (50x 240k dmg with STH+Jyn/FOO+3x damage dealer in p4 vs Traya alone is 12mio = Traya dead.

We plan on trying a heroic sith raid start of the year, to gauge where we are at. Now that finishing a heroic raid is becoming a realistic thing, I would like to start preparing my roster. I'm hoping to get Revan when he comes back and I believe I can get Chewie 7* too.

Communication is also an important thing for the first heroic attempts. Get your guild to use discord (if not alrdy the case) and organize everything, it'll pay off.

I guess that is part two of our issue. We do use line, but not everyone is onboard and those who aren't don't feel the need.

Discord is so much better than Line. I'd highly advice to switch over (we were initially using Line aswell but switched at one point and are so glad we did it).
    People that don't want to register to swgoh.gg and use one of the communication apps are a problem, sadly.
    I'd try to appeal to their conscience not only for the raid but also for TB's, TW's, etc., worst case is the guild leader/officers taking action and booting them.

Getting members to get swgoh.gg is impossible, switching to discord is going to be impossibler. My last guild had discord, I just couldn't get the hang of it, seems too complex for the benefits.

We always used discord and it was a hard requirement to join the guild. When we grew we wanted more stats to see progress on HSR teams. The easiest way is through swgoh.gg with the squad templates. It took a while and some pushes. But we are at a point with 100% swgoh.gg. We made some charts with progressions and everybody sees it value.
  • Once your guild has lost a lot of top players to HSTR guilds, you may be ready for HSTR, so try it. usually this is around 120m gp.