Ships is overweighted in GA: a single unbeatable ship team is enough to win

Prev1
Someone showed this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/a6apmq/i_set_one_single_fleet_in_ga_and_zero_squads/

Basically the best strategy is to build a super unbeatable ship team and only put a single team on D. If you clear your opponents and your opponent can’t kill your ship team, then you win.

Replies

• Absolute pity that there is no such thing as unbeatable fleets huh,

Guy got lucky, period,

Guy got lucky, period,

this
  • You could say the exact same with characters. If I get matched with a 3zeta g12 revan and his usual squad, that alone prevents me from capturing 1-2 areas, obviously making me lose.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Absolute pity that there is no such thing as unbeatable fleets huh,

Guy got lucky, period,

Until they released some OP ships.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Overweight ships, you say? Porkins confirmed!
  • Neo2551 wrote: »
    Someone showed this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/a6apmq/i_set_one_single_fleet_in_ga_and_zero_squads/

Basically the best strategy is to build a super unbeatable ship team and only put a single team on D. If you clear your opponents and your opponent can’t kill your ship team, then you win.

A fleet is only unbeatable if your opponent didn't bother to invest in ships at all beyond what they needed to get zetas. OH BOY IT'S SURE GOOD NO ONE DID THAT. HAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHA!

Look, for real, though, if you have all four capital ships and enough ships of the line to support each capital ship, it's going to be impossible to lose on offense. You get to hit them three times with three full teams, and only have to destroy at most five ships (reinforce cooldown can be a real bummer).

Bottom line is, quit ignoring ships. Even if you don't like fleet arena--and you're totally justified in that--it's not hard to put together a fleet. Just build it and only use it in territory battles, wars, and grand arena.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I think you misread his comments. He said he only won because his opponent never bothered to attack, not because his team was unbeatable. And if you set up ANY unbeatable team, that prevents your opponent from clearing, so not sure how this means ships are weighted too much.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Placing no defenses is always a bad strategy. The opponent gets the conquer bonuses for the empty territories anyway. You get 90 banners for placing each defensive team and the opponent can get no more than 64 banners for beating that defense. So you’d be better off placing your worst toons on the defensive troop slots and picking up a minimum of 26 banners per slot instead of leaving them completely empty.
  • From what I've seen, "unbeatable ship team" usually translates to "I can't kill a 7-star Hound's Tooth by just mindlessly beating on it, the game is broken."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• So you all think it is impossible that CG release a single ship/toon so OP that 3 teams would not beat it?
  • Ships are underweighted.
    Not sure why the ship territory doesnt have two slots at 3M+ GP bracket at least. It makes sense under 2M to be one slot but between 2-3M that second slot should be a factor.

Guy got lucky, period,

I absolutely disagree. A good geonosian fleet can hold very well on defense. Ships are incredibly rnJesus depended. I have to agree with the OP on this one
  • I did this with my Bastila team on accident. They automatically won the front 2 sectors, killed my fleets, couldn’t kill my Bastila. I almost had a heart attack since I didn’t realize there were front sectors. I still won because I wiped their board. It was only a 100 point win, but I won. With your logic, toons are overweighted. All you need to win is a unbeatable squad.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Any single battle that is not won on a first attempt is a loss, unless it is matched by your opponent.

Using the point system as is, it's hard to make up 20 points.

Doesnt matter if its ships or characters.
  • Hanfirst wrote: »
    Ships are underweighted.
    Not sure why the ship territory doesnt have two slots at 3M+ GP bracket at least. It makes sense under 2M to be one slot but between 2-3M that second slot should be a factor.

I would support that idea too because i invest in my ships, but then also we have to realise that there’s only 4 capital ships, so the complaints will be crazy.
  • PeteBajama wrote: »

Guy got lucky, period,

I absolutely disagree. A good geonosian fleet can hold very well on defense. Ships are incredibly rnJesus depended. I have to agree with the OP on this one

If you think that, then you need to develop your fleets better.
    Someone showed this.

Except that anyone who is any good has multiple fleets that can break the one defending fleet with attrition. So honestly, only one fleet is also an issue, for the opposite reason

Guy got lucky, period,

Oh yeah? Tell that to my fleet that drops 20 places every day.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Hanfirst wrote: »
    Ships are underweighted.

There are only 4 capital ships. That would mean that you only get 1 chance at each. Those 2 ship matches would really decide the game then.
    Someone showed this.

The guy who posted that said himself that it was a mistake and that he wouldn't recommend it.
    Also, it's weird to say ships are overweighted because one fleet can block a territory, when that's literally the case for squads too.
  • Hang on here...I’m taking notes.
    So all I need to do in order to win is to set teams on defense that are unbeatable? Fantastic strategy!!
    Do you think that this could work in other game modes too, or just this single zone in GA?
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    Hang on here...I’m taking notes.
    So all I need to do in order to win is to set teams on defense that are unbeatable? Fantastic strategy!!
    Do you think that this could work in other game modes too, or just this single zone in GA?
    I hear Jawas are unbeatable! ;)
  • I believe not setting teams in areas is exploiting the current bug in GA. Hopefully @CG @EA looks into this and warns the offender
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Any single battle that is not won on a first attempt is a loss, unless it is matched by your opponent.

It's hard but not mathematically impossible. I had to do the math over AnswersHQ for someone who reported it as a bug, but it is possible to score enough points to overcome a single loss.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

It's hard but not mathematically impossible. I had to do the math over AnswersHQ for someone who reported it as a bug, but it is possible to score enough points to overcome a single loss.

This also assumes you both clean out all 4 of each other's territories. A 2-battle win is worth it if it lets you conquer one more territory than your opponent.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• NicWester wrote: »
    PeteBajama wrote: »

Guy got lucky, period,

Oh yeah? Tell that to my fleet that drops 20 places every day.

Only 20 places? What I would give to be in your shard.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    So you all think it is impossible that CG release a single ship/toon so OP that 3 teams would not beat it?

No, they only claim that it hasn't happened yet - and if someone really can't beat a single enemy fleet using three of his own to attack, his 3 fleets are simply not developed enough.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jarvind wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

This also assumes you both clean out all 4 of each other's territories. A 2-battle win is worth it if it lets you conquer one more territory than your opponent.

But at that point you are measuring a second battle win vs clearing a territory.

All major points being equal, it is (while mathematically possible) extremely unlikely you can do anything to come back from a single non first round kill.

Going in with 4 toons and winning (if your health and protection were equal at the end as if you went in with 5) nets you 1 additional point.

Just seems odd that you can do a single second round kill with 5 toons, then finish all the remaining matches (with decent standings on health and protection) with 4 toons and still lose. The points for going in 1 or even 2 toons down should be higher, the risk/reward is just not there. IMHO.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Op, just put an unbeatable squad in before your ship that way you don’t have to worry about ships!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

Guy got lucky, period,

If you think that, then you need to develop your fleets better.

There is only 4 capital ships that I even have access to. That means that I will only have 3 teams to try and win with on offense after I set one on defence. Once I go after my opponent's defensive fleet and loose with my best offensive fleet, it's over!!! I don't care what you say from that point on. Once I lost, only three of the opponents ships came back on the board at first, all get to take their turns first, then get to call out their other ships over three that you didn't kill and what ships I still have standing get slaughtered. That's the way it goes. I will not join GAs that include ships again. I'm not going to go in to loose just because of one **** slot that I haven't the time, money or desire to invest that heavily in. Ships suck!!! That's my opinion of them. If you don't like it, go sit on it.