Need c3p0 advice, please help

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum here but I've been playing for awhile. I unlocked c3p0 and got him to 6 stars pretty easily, but at the 7th tier I've just hit a brick wall and I can't even come close to killing a single enemy. I've tried it several dozen times and I have to admit that it's getting pretty frustrating. I currently have zeta Chirpa leader (g10) with Wicket (g11), Elder (g11), Paploo (g11), and for the 5th spot I've tried Logray (g9) and Scout (g10). I've had more luck with Logray it seems. I would really appreciate any advice that you could give me about tactics or maybe where I should spend my limited resources to upgrade.

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    How are your mods? Did you move all your best mods onto the team?
  • Options
    That team looks good enough.
    Switch over your mods and keep trying and trying for rngesus.
  • Kookermader
    410 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I didn't move all my arena mods yet because I'm lazy lol, but I will try that tonight after my payout though. The mods on my bears right now are decent but not great. I'm wondering though, what is the best mod setup for this event? Is it still speed rules everything or are there better options? Also, I've been trying to kill Chewie first but it's tough because R2 keeps stealthing everyone. Should I try a different strategy? Thanks for your input so far.
  • Options
    I actually got lucky and c3p0 didn't stealth.. once he was out, the rest was cake. Took 40 attempts to get rng in my favor. Just keep trying..
  • Options
    I did it with all ewoks between 194-204 speed. Target the soldier first, then chewie, han, leia/r2 then 3po last. Protect your EE at all costs. If he dies, restart. Stealth him with wicket. I had g11 EE g10 paploo, logray and chirpa and g8 wicket all omegad and chirpa zeta
  • Options
    Use chirpa's special that gives everyone retribution for his 1st move too. When the other team does an aoe, they'll target the taunting commando
  • Options
    Im having trouble with this event it seems as if the zetas i have put on are just not working im not seeing the TM gain from the leader its a joke and also they seem to be hitting through my foresight
  • Options
    Will010688 wrote: »
    Im having trouble with this event it seems as if the zetas i have put on are just not working im not seeing the TM gain from the leader its a joke and also they seem to be hitting through my foresight

R2's AoE can't be dodged, Han's basic can't be dodged. Chewbacca's AoE can be dodged, but it dispells all buffs before it hits, so it will remove foresight before the attack deals damage. Leia's attacks can be dodged, but foresight will only take care of the first one. C3-PO's mass assist is dodgeable, but, again, only the first attack animation to land. I'm not sure about his basic, though--probably it's undodgeable, because it's a debuff and not an attack, but some debuffs that don't do damage were inconsistent in the past so it's hard to tell.

Long story short: Foresight IS helping, just not as much as you would expect. It's mostly protecting you against Chewbacca's basic, R2's basic, Commando's attacks, and Leia's first attack each turn.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Thats the problem though i had chewie hit me while i had foresight up using his rush attack not his aoe and he was the only one attacking. Plus the fact im not getting the tm gain from the zeta as well is really annoying as it states u gain 20% from using a basic attack now 3 ewoks using a basic all hitting thats 60% tm gain when your half full on tm thats full tm. But its not triggering and the zeta doesnt state its a chance for tm gain
  • Options
    Thats the problem though i had chewie hit me while i had foresight up using his rush attack not his aoe and he was the only one attacking. Plus the fact im not getting the tm gain from the zeta as well is really annoying as it states u gain 20% from using a basic attack now 3 ewoks using a basic all hitting thats 60% tm gain when your half full on tm thats full tm. But its not triggering and the zeta doesnt state its a chance for tm gain

It only gives 20% turn meter to the Ewok that used a basic, so those three Ewoks get 20% apiece, not 60% to everyone. That’s without the zeta, as well. Zeta only gives you a chance to assist on specials.
  • Options
    **** well thats a pretty poor zeta should of realy read that before putting it on then haha oh well this event for T7 is going to be a flop for me then
  • Options
    I got 6* 3po today with only chirpa zeta and an undergeared team.
    G11 scout and EE, G10 wicket, G9 Chirpa and G8 Paploo

It seems 7* would be easy with G11, just a G12 Paploo and G11 EE, Wicket could carry two undergeared ewoks. Much easier then the chewie event it seems.
  • Options
    **** well thats a pretty poor zeta should of realy read that before putting it on then haha oh well this event for T7 is going to be a flop for me then

Err, no, it's a great zeta. It means your attacks that don't do damage (Logray's specials, Elder's specials, Chirpa's buffs) have a 60% chance of doing damage, gaining TM and triggering whatever bonus effects are on their basic--defense, crit chance, and tenacity up for Paploo, Wicket, and Logray; or bonus TM for Elder.

Chirpa's zeta is what makes ewoks a good team instead of an afterthought. It's probably one of the most powerful zetas in the game along with Finn in terms of the difference between a team with and that same team without it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • PoD
    67 posts Member
    Options
    I had the same trouble. Then I dropped a zeta on Logray and won. That could just be a coincidence becaus I tried so many times. And I don’t know if you have the mats for another zeta.
    Some other advice is to take out Chewie or the Endor soldier first, then Han. Call Elder with Wicket and Paploo for turn meter gains. Only use Paploo’s taunt if Elder is in danger because it slows down Paploo significantly. Logray’s special or Paploo’s basic are great to remove buffs, including the taunt. Then try, try again.
    Ahnald on YouTube just posted his run that shows his setup. That could help too. It took him two hours to beat tier seven...
  • Options
    Here's the guide I used to setup my team:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/a25zng/a_quickish_guide_to_murderbears/

I just cleared T7 this morning with G10 zChirpa, G11 Elder, G9 Wicket, G9 Logray, & G9 Paploo. It's totally random- just keep at it. Most runs they would wipe 2 to 4 of my furries out before I even took my first turn. On the run that I actually completed it, I had 5 alive and everyone was crazy buffed and at full health.

Just be strategic with their mechanics. They have a ton of TM gain and you can optimize it if used correctly. I am pretty unfamiliar with the faction so the guide helped quite a bit there too. @Kookermader I have no doubt you can get 7*. It's just going to take some tries. Good luck!
  • Options
    Lots of really great advice here, thank you everyone. I still haven't been able to beat it, but I'm getting much closer. I'm sure that I will be able to clear this thing once I switch in my arena mods later tonight.