How does the ranking system in Grand arena work?

How does the ranking work? Like I won't my first round I'm ranked 3 going into this round so if I loose and then win the last round am I going to take 1st? Or idk how the rank system works.

Replies

• The tie breaker is gp. So initially, all 8 are ranked by gp. After the first round, the four people with 1-0 records are ranked by gp, followed by the four people with 0-1 records by gp. So you have the 3rd highest gp of the four people who won round one. After this round, the two 2-0 records will be ranked 1-2 by gp. The four 1-1 teams will be ranked 3-6 by gp, and the two 0-2 players will be ranked 7-8 by gp. The winner of the 2-0 match will end in first place. 2-4 will be the 2-1 players by gp, etc...
  • Oh ok I see thank you man lol
  • What is the max banners you can earn
  • So if there could be a 8 way tie in this round then four 2-1 at the end of the third so then the top four would rank by their GP for 1st-4th place
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    RyuMac_81 wrote: »
    So if there could be a 8 way tie in this round then four 2-1 at the end of the third so then the top four would rank by their GP for 1st-4th place

That can't happen because you always play somebody with the same record as you. So there will always be one person who finishes 3-0.
  • Darknesswon
    618 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Liath wrote: »
    So if there could be a 8 way tie in this round then four 2-1 at the end of the third so then the top four would rank by their GP for 1st-4th place

That can't happen because you always play somebody with the same record as you. So there will always be one person who finishes 3-0.

So you could be 2 and 0 going into the last round and finish 3rd if the winner of the 1 and 1 match has a higher GP ? If you lose the first place match ?
  • GP seems unfair, it's predetermined when you're matched. Should be total banners
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

So you could be 2 and 0 going into the last round and finish 3rd if the winner of the 1 and 1 match has a higher GP ? If you lose the first place match ?

Yes but it doesn't matter because 2-4 all get the same rewards.
  • Boba the better idk man im in third and have a higher GP then the guy in second so idk this grand arena is whack
  • Liath wrote: »

Yes but it doesn't matter because 2-4 all get the same rewards.

Ok that makes sense
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    3-0 - 1st place prizes
    2-1 (3 players) - 2nd place prizes
    1-2 (3 players) - 3rd place prizes
    0-3 - 4th place prizes

you can see the breakdown in the event.
  • LeFreak72
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    So what is the point of total banners other than in each of the matches? It should be total banners at the end of the competition. It rewards the way you planned the roster as well as how you played your matchups.
    So the player with highest GP better win all games or will likely not end first.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    LeFreak72 wrote: »
    So what is the point of total banners other than in each of the matches? It should be total banners at the end of the competition. It rewards the way you planned the roster as well as how you played your matchups.
    So the player with highest GP better win all games or will likely not end first.

What?

The player who wins all three matches ends first. GP is irrelevant.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    LeFreak72 wrote: »

There is no total banners. The banners in each round determine who wins that match and that is all.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I think they know, but want it to be determined by total banners instead of going round-by-round.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    I think they know, but want it to be determined by total banners instead of going round-by-round.

Ok. Got it.
  • Balður
    39 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I just won the event but I can verify that the GP rating doesn’t “work”. The best strategist should win also in the secondary places. My final opponent ended 4th and was way better than my other opponents. The 2nd place didn’t even put up a defence in round 2!

I even think that I had lowest GP and ranked 8th from beginning ...
  • Exactly - the guy who didn’t even put up a defence in round 2 was awarded equally with the guy in the “finale”.

They should go with traditional bracket tournament where each position is awarded accordingly:
    *Initially by GP.
    * 1 against 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6, 4 vs 5.
    * Winners meets in top half, loosers in bottom half etc. (see chart)
    obktyiyt6gkn.jpeg
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Initially by GP????

Yeah that will stop the complaints.

Everyone will cry about being the looser.
  • Balður wrote: »
    Exactly - the guy who didn’t even put up a defence in round 2 was awarded equally with the guy in the “finale”.

They should go with traditional bracket tournament where each position is awarded accordingly:
    *Initially by GP.
    * 1 against 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6, 4 vs 5.
    * Winners meets in top half, loosers in bottom half etc. (see chart)
    obktyiyt6gkn.jpeg

So if the 2 best players meet in round 1 the loser can only get 5th place at best? That style only works if the players earn those seeds. That wouldn’t be the case here.
  • Seeing “looser” so many times in one thread hurts my eyes.

There’s nothing wrong with the reward structure. The only people who think there’s something wrong with it don’t understand what it is.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Seeing “looser” so many times in one thread hurts my eyes.

Expecting the chalendar before the next month starts? We all loose.
  • Balður wrote: »
    I just won the event but I can verify that the GP rating doesn’t “work”. The best strategist should win also in the secondary places. My final opponent ended 4th and was way better than my other opponents. The 2nd place didn’t even put up a defence in round 2!

So?

Think of it this way, one person gets first place. Three people tie for second place. Three people tie for third place. One person gets last place. Finishing 2nd doesn't matter, it's exactly the same as finishing 4th.

If listing the middle six players by wins then by galactic power is that offensive to you, they could switch it to listing by wins and then by alphabetical order. It'd be the same thing.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.