Grand Arena will hopefully make you reevaluate galactic power

I was trying to send this to support, but it does not seem to be working correctly.

Not sure if this is the right category for this, but I believe the game considers the grand arena to be an event. Anyway, I believe your formula for galactic power needs to be looked at and some adjustments made. I am absolutely going to get curb stomped in my current matchup. He has characters like wampa and JTR I haven't even unlocked, yet. He had a 7 star t 12 Bastilla. He has numerous more t 12 characters than I do. He has 34 zetas to my 17. I know it would be an extensive endeavor on your part, but it would seem things from the characters themselves, to skill interaction, to even mod and gear bonuses need to be given their own individual weight that more accurately reflects their true power in the game. My player id is 9hUiVUezRiCNmYKiyk0uSA if someone would like to take a look. Thank you for your time and attention.

Also, if you can look at Bossk's ship. When he is fully geared, it becomes practically undamagable, even at low star levels.

Replies

• @Kyno or @Rathgar delete the player id. Someone could mess up the account with that info.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I have no idea why you would put your player ID in the first place. Either they will change the matchmaking algorithm some day or they won't, but they aren't going to do something just for you because you don't like your matchup.
  • Yeah, It's bad. And I always seem to be on the wrong side of it. So far, one time they got it right, twice they put me against players with Darth Traya... I am so far from even attempting the epic Sith raid. (Also other jokingly strong teams, but Traya is the tip off).
  • Matchmaking is fine. Either you built your roster for GP fluff and appearances, or you guild a lean collection with characters you invested in only because you wanted to use them and not fluff your GP. Everyone has the same opportunity to grow their GP by the same rules.
  • No matchmaking is NOT fine. GP fluff is not something you can undo and I'd venture that hardly anyone knew that putting some lows credits and gear that you have 1000s of would adversely impact him/her in an event years into the future.

The matchmaking needs to be fixed. Otherwise, you'll have people quit the game entirely or sign up and not place defenses making the event in of itself unsuccessful. Both of these are already beginning to happen.
  • Bowsta
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I totally agree with OP that they should look at more variables then just the generic GP. Like which meta characters you have unlocked and how many g12 players you have.
    I’ve been playing for a long time, even before GP was a thing. Back then I used to like depth on my roster. I enjoyed playing galactic war using non-meta characters to just experience the variety of abilities and team synergies without having to invest too much into each hero. So when they first added GP to the game I was already relatively quite high. Not from having meta characters unlocked or having high geared and modded heroes, but from having all the trash characters up to gear 6 with mods and their abilities upgraded...
    Now because of my depth I’m matched up with opponents with Treya and Revan unlocked and even 7 starred. It doesn’t make sense to match up one person that doesn’t have access to the strongest weapons in the game like Treya and Revan. To match them up against 7 people that do have those strongest meta character even unlocked. It’s like bringing a bunch of sticks to a bazooka fight... if they would have at least told us that they were going to be using GP for matchmaking then I would have been more selective with what characters I upgraded. Having a high GP was a good thing because it benefited the guild with higher rewards from territory wars so obviously everybody was encouraged to pad their GP!
    I haven’t upgraded any non-meta characters for a long time now and I will only upgrade meta characters that I absolutely need. I hope they will add a way to either remove gear and ability upgrades from your characters. Or even give us a way to totally delete the characters that we don’t use anymore so we can start fresh and not unlock extra characters that we only wanted to try out to feel the fun of the game, since this padded GP gimps players with depth on their rosters.
    It seems very strange that the whole matchmaking is that one arbitrary GP number. Rather then the actual strongest weapons (meta characters like Treya/Revan/Chewy) you have (or don’t have) that all your opponents have.
    It’s just counter intuitive to punish the veteran players for characters they geared up in the past that now have no place in the current meta.

TL;DR Change this matchmaking system place some value on which meta characters are unlocked and gear 12’d and allow us to continue to upgrade our rosters instead of punishing us for having depth rather then keeping a low GP and only upgrading meta heroes. Or give us a way to delete useless characters that do nothing except pad our GP to pair us against opponents with more weapons and lean rosters.