Should Grand Arena adopt a Repechage System?

Definition of repechage. : a trial heat (as in rowing) in which first-round losers are given another chance to qualify for the semifinals

Reckon that winners and losers should be re-seeded each round.
If player wins 2x should be better result than players who lose 2 times in tournament. Repechage is common for round robins. Means 1st round should become a trial round for re-seeding. Wins can also be determined by total banners as well as wins. Fairest system for all and 1st round is a trial round for seeding. Essential to keeping player base happy as can have more motivation to place higher by the end.
That's how it's done for Olympics. Have trials first round, which is a Worldwide format.

Should Grand Arena adopt a Repechage System? 30 votes

Yes, I’d like Repechage Style
13% 4 votes
No, satisfied with current system
86% 26 votes

Replies

• No because this is a video game on the internet which means people will min-max and manipulate and cheat and sandbag. You will have people throwing games to get easier games later.

IMHO.
  • maraJade789
    289 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    That's not true of most players.
    Fact, that you suggested it lol....
    Well not making it any better for player base at large.

• It doesn't work like that. If I win the first two rounds and lose the other 2, I get the same rewards that someone that lost the first and won the other 2. If you lose, you lose, doesn't matter when. (If I'm mistaken please correct me, but I'm almost sure this is how it works).

Btw, I'm sure everyone outside of the US knows what a repechage is, because of what you call "soccer"
  • No. It would either just add more rounds, or would eliminate players early. The system already in place does implement repechage already, but it doesn't determine an exact ranking: losing doesn't eliminate you from the tournament, it just places you in a bracket vs others who lost once. You can no longer compete for the #1 spot, but if you win the next 2 matches, will end 2-4. Even losing 2 matches doesn't eliminate you as there is the losers final, which still allows you to get a 5-7 finish.

This seems to me like a very fair way of distributing the prizes.
  • maraJade789
    289 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for the responses guys.
    Acrofales you wrote:
    “but if you win the next 2 matches, will end 2-4. Even losing 2 matches doesn't eliminate you as there is the losers final, which still allows you to get a 5-7 finish.”
    I wasn’t aware, and apologize for the poll, if this is as you say.
    I haven’t read this info.
    Can smb direct me to a link to see this?
  • Are guys voting based on this understanding? I would change my vote to reflect approval for this as well. Juar wanr some confirmtion from community.
  • maraJade789
    289 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I believe after searching for the rules concerning scoring and placings that there should be something in game for players. Typically called DETAILS.
    Don’t worry guys, won’t poll on tbis unless don’t get the info provided looking for. Obviously, can just wait for GA to be completed to see what scoring system in for wona and losses.
    Acrofales and guys, hope you understand that this information is not readily available for most players, so amendment to game needed.
  • Only thing I would change is make rewards basedoff wins
  • I believe after searching for the rules concerning scoring and placings that there should be something in game for players. Typically called DETAILS.
    Don’t worry guys, won’t poll on tbis unless don’t get the info provided looking for. Obviously, can just wait for GA to be completed to see what scoring system in for wona and losses.
    Acrofales and guys, hope you understand that this information is not readily available for most players, so amendment to game needed.

You can actually see all these Details ingame - if u check the rewarding section in GA - its pretty clear how the system works...You should try to put some effort into the game first and try to find the answer yourself instat of asking questions that are self-answered ;)

Anyways - to get back to your main topic - the rewarding system right now, like many people already mentioned, is pretty balanced in my eyes :)
  • I'm against anything that requires me do more matches/preparation, takes longer.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Only thing I would change is make rewards basedoff wins

That is exactly how it is based.
    3-0 - 1 player gets top prize
    2-1 - 3 players (2-4) get second prize
    1-2 - 3 players (5-7) get 3rd prize
    0-3 - 1 player gets a bag of rocks

The final record is all that matters, the path doe not. You can 1 loss can be your first battle or your last, you get the same prize.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This is not a true round Robin and the addition of this seems to overly complicate the system. They seem to have made this system to be more simple and straightforward.

All players dont play each other, which is the definition of a round robin.
  • okay, thanks very much
    essentially what I have been looking for all this time
  • Kyno, thanks that's exactly what I was asking for
  • It is not included in game, and Kyno has answered a question none of you were able to
  • Starlord, that wasn't fair play, the fact that I am on the Forum searching for information does not warrant that kind of treatment.
    And I don't have to tell you or anyone else how deep my dedication to the game goes, I will not question yours, only your ethics.
  • Never said reward were unbalanced or that I do not enjoy GA, I love it, just leave it at that, and sorry for defending myself to you.
  • DEATHCOYOTE
    977 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    GA is awesome and any change to the system would be moving backwards instead of forwards. It’s GP based as far as I can tell. Some players focus their entire rosters for PvE and Raids. Some like myself focus our entire rosters for PvP. I don’t complain for HSTR to be nerfed so I can place higher, I accept that my style of play means I’m effective in other areas of the game instead. Expect it to be difficult when you face PvP minded players and rosters in a PvP event and be happy with free stuff you didn’t have to pay for or use crystal refreshes to farm. I’m happy with the free stuff, my word,
    I’ve 6*d two new mods with it and tomorrow at the finish I’ll 6* another 2. Look at it as something to work up to and perhaps, now that we can make mod sets, build some sets with PvP in mind to help a more focused PvE roster compete.
  • maraJade789
    289 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Same hereimage1.png

pud41q4osgsg.png