Phoenix squad should be made viable without Hera

Gannon
1626 posts Member
I love the way that Phoenix squad works together, but it is disappointing that the shared unique abilities are tied to Hera being the leader. This is one of my favorite factions, and it's frustrating that they are much less useful when separated, when in the show they were always splitting up to do different things.
Why isn't the shared ability feature part of the unique abilities, like the reworked imperial troopers?
Can that be fixed at some point?
Especially now, with grand arena making "less than full teams" a viable strategy. Considering there aren't likely going to be any new additions to the team, it would be a great way to make them more viable in multiple areas.

Replies

• They are still rebels and rebel have many great leaders.
  • There are plenty of great rebel leaders, but that's kinda my point. Hera's lead basically makes them on par with troopers as far as sharing abilities. They should do that already like troopers do.. Then we could split em up and they'd drill be really good.
  • I like Ezra under Bastilla, he's pretty good there with decent speed, a zeta on him helps that, probably the only really useful zeta in Phoenix. I don't use any others. I really only used Phoenix to get Thrawn and for tb/tw now.

I curbstomp maxed out Phoenix teams (not the mythic, that's beyond crazy) with Sith, on a Zaul lead! Sion helps that or I just throw zzCLS in with daddy Vader and bleed them to death. Btw, imp troops are so much better than Phoenix. Especially with Range. Not even close.
  • @dennishsnyder57 +1! Love me my new IT team with Range.

As for Phoenix, when they're on defence in GA it's a guaranteed under-sized squad win for me. Boba + Wampa = guaranteed win.
  • Don't forget about Phönix squads in HSR ;-)
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    My Phoenix are maxed and optimally modded, they are about as hard to kill as that mythic, and hit really hard in Sith raid..
    So I still use em to kill traya teams, but If you use Ezra on bastilla line, then your Phoenix will be useless.
    Their problem is that you can't use any others with a Phoenix line and it still be viable.
    I really wish they'd make the shared uniques a part of the unique skills tho, like troopers are, cuz that would mean you could use Ezra and kanan with bastilla (they'd share uniques), then the others could still field a viable team..
  • Or grant ATF the Phoenix tag and they can share her DOT immunity. Take THAT Force Crush!

Have it worded like Chopper's in that only a portion of her unique is shared.
  • If you fill your phoenix with hera, kannan, ezra, sabine, zeb...

Old ben (L), chooper, 3 other rebels.
    Chopper has 40% chance to dodge (or it's 36.25%?) when taunting, might have some use at TW or even GA as a defense team.