Matchmaking GA: just let us play how we want

Ok there is no sandbagging, players were just so smart not to inflate their gp for no reason.

Now we need to go ahead. Please add a button to let us desactivate ONE toon ONCE a day, so we can reactivate all of them when needed in the exact state they had.

This way we all be able to make our choices.
And the guild’will Face a big problem in tb /tw that the smart ones will surely resolve.

Replies

• Huh?
  • I think he means blacklisting your own toons
  • Hang on. So with 1 toon being worth at most 25k how will deactivating that make a difference, unless it puts you in another bracket? And if that's the case they'd just be allowing players to game GA.
  • Worst idea lmao
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • mrwingtipshoes
    38 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Delete
    Post edited by mrwingtipshoes on
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    Hang on. So with 1 toon being worth at most 25k how will deactivating that make a difference, unless it puts you in another bracket? And if that's the case they'd just be allowing players to game GA.

One toon once a day. 50 days and clear out all the g6 level toons from the roster.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    Hang on. So with 1 toon being worth at most 25k how will deactivating that make a difference, unless it puts you in another bracket? And if that's the case they'd just be allowing players to game GA.

One toon once a day. 50 days and clear out all the g6 level toons from the roster.

May as well just ask them to allow you to select your own GP
  • I get the point but I disagree with the solution.

In my opinion putting a smarter matchmaking algorithm would solve this.

Only count toons that are g10 and over, massive spikes for revan, treya, thrawn etc.

The dregs of your roster still don’t matter in this game - yes I’m looking at you g9 jawas!
  • People were happy to tactically pad their rosters to get better rewards in some game modes and I am sure they enjoyed getting them and using them.

Now it is not as big an advantage as it was as it can count against you in GA.

So basically the want is 'we have had all the rewards for a fluffy TW roster and used them all. Now please let me lean my roster out so i can now get all the rewards for this new game type'

Tactical choices often have ups and downs, don't try and get the rewards from both sides of the fence
  • If your squad survives an attack on d you should be allowed to use them on offense.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    EliteR3b3L wrote: »
    If your squad survives an attack on d you should be allowed to use them on offense.

It's hard to make that work, what if your opponent doesnt attack until the last hour.

That being said I wouldnt mind offense being GW style. Use them until they die, but with some teams that would probably not be a good idea, so much healing and revives....
  • Kyno wrote: »
    If your squad survives an attack on d you should be allowed to use them on offense.

It's hard to make that work, what if your opponent doesnt attack until the last hour.

That being said I wouldnt mind offense being GW style. Use them until they die, but with some teams that would probably not be a good idea, so much healing and revives....

Yeah a team like Troopers would go into each new battle TM charged and probably with full protection. That train would be really hard to stop.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I had the same thought, but the implications are too dire for teams like Revan, which would single-handedly take out pretty much everything in a non-revan matchup.

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    2017 SWGOH - I want to 7 star my toons
    2018 SWGOH - I want to 0 star my toons
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Yeah a team like Troopers would go into each new battle TM charged and probably with full protection. That train would be really hard to stop.

Yeah, with revan or traya either one, you can beat most teams and have enough hp left to just keep steam rolling on.
  • The point of GA is obviously being missed by a large population of players. Before the launch I was worried about my roster, it's stacked full of mediocre squads of Jawas, first order and others that I needed to unlock one thing or another but haven't used since. Thankfully I realized that I was facing players in the exact same situation, and even accounts created at launch would have excess baggage filled with undergeared, undermodded and underleveled characters that stack onto their GP.

So to put it simply, if you have 50 level 85/7* characters with G6 and below gear then chances are your opponent does too. Everybody, and I mean everybody, has unintentionally inflated GP.

Here's something to think on though and it's definitely something I'm looking forward to, instead of "deactivating" that excess why not start fleshing out your roster? It's GA and TW that makes a lot of that inflated junk actually useful, especially those zetas like Finn, KRU, Maul etc that may not be ideal for arena but are amazing in GA/TW. Sometimes it just takes a little tweaking for a few weaker characters to turn into a decent squad, and they all don't need to be G12 and fully maxed out, but just share some synergy to help pull down a strong defender.
  • The point of GA is obviously being missed by a large population of players. Before the launch I was worried about my roster, it's stacked full of mediocre squads of Jawas, first order and others that I needed to unlock one thing or another but haven't used since. Thankfully I realized that I was facing players in the exact same situation, and even accounts created at launch would have excess baggage filled with undergeared, undermodded and underleveled characters that stack onto their GP.

So to put it simply, if you have 50 level 85/7* characters with G6 and below gear then chances are your opponent does too. Everybody, and I mean everybody, has unintentionally inflated GP.

Here's something to think on though and it's definitely something I'm looking forward to, instead of "deactivating" that excess why not start fleshing out your roster? It's GA and TW that makes a lot of that inflated junk actually useful, especially those zetas like Finn, KRU, Maul etc that may not be ideal for arena but are amazing in GA/TW. Sometimes it just takes a little tweaking for a few weaker characters to turn into a decent squad, and they all don't need to be G12 and fully maxed out, but just share some synergy to help pull down a strong defender.

Yes everyone has some fluff in their rosters. Some more than others. I'm fine with it as is because I see building a competitive roster as the challenge. And I fully agree with you that you can improve many of those g7 characters to make g10 teams and over time lean out your roster to stay or become competitive.
  • an half solution would be set an entry gp level where all the toons below cannot be used and are not counted in total gp for matchmaking, the same already in use in tw, but I would raise it to 10k at least.
    So that a player with 60 good equipped toons and 60 lvl50 g4 toons is not matched with a player with 90 good equipped toons and 30 lvl1 g1 toons
    because, in the end, here lay the unfairness
  • So my own topic was closed and linked to this so I guess that means I'm supposed to post it here? I had a different suggestion than the OP, which is why i started a different thread. Anyway here it is:

"I wanted to suggest a modification to the GA matchmaking that could resolve issues/arguments related to "sandbagging" and general problems with GP-only matchmaking.

Let us choose which toons from our roster participate in the GA.

When we "join" the GA it could bring up a deploy screen like in TB and we pick who we want to send. They snapshot our rosters anyway after we join so let the snapshot be whatever subset we choose. Then matchmaking can use the resultant GP from that."
  • I like the way it is. Definitely gives advantage to people with a well-developed roster and people who have actually bothered to invest and gather decent mods. And you're not reliant on the rest of your guild bothering to mod and invest properly.
  • Kazeb wrote: »
    Ok there is no sandbagging, players were just so smart not to inflate their gp for no reason.

No reason? You mean like GP directly impacting how many stars your guild can attain in TBs and like guilds having minimum GP requirements to join?
  • Some thoughts about this...

1. Is there actually a match among issue or are people just imagining that there will be one since this is based off of gp?

2. Do you really think that cg is going to change this game mode? There are 130-something toons in this game. Is GA is the game mode that encourages players to use more of them, then they would love that. Why would they take action to discourage it?
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Of the 5 opponents I've had thus far, only two have even bothered to attack. The rest just put all their best teams on D and didn't even attempt to attack me. I do have a couple good teams on D, but the rest are just cobbled-together trash that I throw in there to get the defense points.

Assuming that's roughly consistent across the board, filling your defense slots and beating exactly one team will net you a victory 60% of the time. Just give it a whirl instead of clamoring for some overly-complicated change that will barely make any difference anyway.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kazeb
    39 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Kazeb wrote: »

No reason? You mean like GP directly impacting how many stars your guild can attain in TBs and like guilds having minimum GP requirements to join?

You had reasons to inflate. Those who didn’t had no reason except really end game TW. That s what I meant In some kind of second degree that my poor english had probably ruined.

By desactivating once a day, you can’t change everyday your roster for each type of event. That s the point of the restriction. That s way you make your choice.
    They can add refresh for purple, for those who want to buy time. Hey that s quite a good idea in fact!
    Yes it is really slow at the beginning but it is 100 times faster than upgrade to gx11/g12 all the toons you have level 50 g8 skill 3. ( yes you should have done that with all your toons, because if you use your ressource smartly, you should have noticed that it s cost quite nothing and give a good boost to your guild gp for TB)