Please help...my ships are sad

I know my ships need work but it seems that no matter what I do they lose more than win. I experiment, I build them up as much as possible, although it sometimes seems nearly impossible to get the resources to build them...ship credits are hard to come by, even if you buy them with crystals you do not get many...those dastardly purple ship mats are a catch 22...you can gat a chunk when you win more blueprints for your capital ships but to win the blue prints you need to have good ships and should build them with the purple material, but wait...
I have the Executrix at 82 with level 4 to 5 on all of his ship abilities, Tarkin is at 7*s, I have Boba Fett's ship at level 80 and Boba Fett is 7* and all of my captains get the best mods, I have KRU's ship at 7*s and KRU also at 7*s, I have Jedi Consular's ship at 5 *s and the Jedi Consular at 7*'s, also the Sith Maurader (5*) and ship (4*), and IG-88 (5*) and ship 4* and a 5* Cassian with a 4 * ship. I know these need work but Boba's ship seems to get destroyed way too easy. The more I make improvements on them the more I seem to slip in the Fleet Arena...I would think it would be the opposite. I am working on building Bossk and his ship that I just farmed (both 2 stars)...I know they will be awesome...eventually. I am doing the same with Biggs and his ship.
Do you have any advice on what and who's ship I should be foucusing more of my resources on? Should I get the Executrix up to level 85 which would take a ton of ship credits or one of the fighters...is it better to focus more on more stars, higher levels or the purple ability material?

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    You haven't mentioned the gear levels of your pilots, but that is one of the most important factors.
  • 1) Pilots are important as Liath stated
    2) Only dots and level matter for mods
    3) Gear matters much more
    4) Yes, Slave 1 is squishy
    5) You have a lot of squishy ships
    6) Your only tank is under-powered
    7) Focus on upgrading your fighters
    8) Painting a giant smiley face on your Star Destroyer will make it much happier :D
  • Ha ha ha...thanks!
  • Yes, gear level tends to keep getting refocused depending on the Special Event that is running.
    I do have the Tie fighter pilot, 1st Order Tie pilot, plokloon, genosian soldier and a few others but I have been neglecting them. The 1st order pilot is better than the rest, and the Genosian soldier is ok
  • With what you have today, I would have Silencer, Slave 1, B-28 as a starting lineup. The problem is that the B-28 taunt is not readily triggered. If you have Vader & his ship powered up you could try that in place of Slave 1 to help with taunt.

Pick one of Biggs or Bossk and focus on leveling both pilot and ship (and gearing pilot) up ASAP to replace the B-28. Bossk is the better of theb two but either one will work much better than the B-28.
  • I am all in on Bossk. I love the Bounty hunters and he seems to be a win win situation as a toon and as a pilot. In the Fleet arena I purposely avoid taking on a fleet showing a decent Houndstooth.
    Wouldn't it be nice if they also had Bossk in the Cantina...
  • Thank you for all of your tips! I will follow them as much as I can but must be patient with the "grind".
  • Don't let Slave 1's taunt on its reinforcement trick you into thinking it's a tank. Even with the crit immunity added in, it's pretty squishy. Not a bad ship, just a little tough to use.

You really need a solid tank - Biggs and HT are of course the current best options available. B-28 might work, but you don't have any other Sith ships so it has no way of taunting. Most ships can't take more than a couple hits, so you need a way to keep them alive or your opponent will get the numbers advantage on you quickly and then it's all downhill.

I honestly wouldn't waste too much time on Jedi Consular - his assist ability is handy in early ship missions but he really drops off in usefulness pretty fast, plus you'll never use him on the ground. It seems like IG-2000 kind of needs to be with Xanadu Blood and Hound's Tooth to be effective, but I haven't leveled it up so I can't be sure on that.

Here are the really popular ships right now, to give you a general idea of what's working in fleet arena:

Hound's Tooth (duh)
    Biggs's X-wing
    TIE Advanced
    Imperial TIE
    First Order TIE
    TIE Silencer (TIEs sure are popular)
    Geonosians (you're either using all three or none, generally)
    Slave 1
    Scimitar

I know I bashed on Slave 1's squishiness up there, but again, not a bad ship. Just not a real "tank."

Also, this doesn't mean those are the only ships you can use effectively, just that they're what most are using. If you strategize well (and sufficiently gear up the crew) you can make almost any combo work.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind, you just answered my question, I was going to ask about the scimitar...I could farm it in 4 shards but don't know if I would want to send my resources that way. I have the pilot but he is not at all built up yet.
    PS I have heard a lot of hype about the Chimera (I was shy a ship to go for the blue prints until today). I hear they are going to give us another chance at Thrawn and possibly his ship on December 25th...but, I keep beating the Chimera with my motley crew. Strange.
  • Scimitar is nice because while it isn't a tank, Slip Through basically serves the same purpose: directing enemy fire at an ally that can survive it. Plus the +25% crit chance for everyone on reinforce is pretty dope.

Chimaera is good and all, but it's hardly the only viable capital. Even the "terrible" Endurance can work well now with a tank-heavy fleet. I use Executrix, though that's mainly because Tarkin was my strongest admiral when I started going hard on fleet and now I'm just used to it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Young Lando + Falcon are a very good value right now. 2 for one ship energy node. Lando is a great damage dealer for scoundrel offensive team and the Falcon is probably the best reinforce burst damage in the game. If you reinforce with it 3rd, it can kill a full health HT or 2-3 damaged ships.

I havent tried it in opening lineup but it might work with 2 tanks. Its unique is awesome.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Young Lando + Falcon are a very good value right now. 2 for one ship energy node. Lando is a great damage dealer for scoundrel offensive team and the Falcon is probably the best reinforce burst damage in the game. If you reinforce with it 3rd, it can kill a full health HT or 2-3 damaged ships.

I havent tried it in opening lineup but it might work with 2 tanks. Its unique is awesome.

Just echoing this. I have the ship and its crew 7-starred, but my efforts to prepare for Revan haven't left me any resources to gear up Lando and L3. I'm really looking forward to using the ship when I get around to it, though; even toying around with it in its current weaksauce state (crew at lvl 60 and gear 7ish), it looks really fun.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Thanks! I actually hit that ship/toon spot every day because it is a triple win. Not only can you get a Toon and ship shard you can get the wack'a'mole mk-3 sienar holoprojector (everytime I get 20 mk-3s for one toon,it pops up for another, and another...).
    I will move them up in my toon/ship priority list...and yes, I will make sure his and L3-37's gear level will go up, up, up...😉
  • L3 is absolutely worth G12+ gear if you have a scoundrel team to go around her. She is like shoretrooper +. Lando is low health but his ability to spread prepared and cleanse and good damage won't be wasted. I stopped him at g9 and the ship still works great.